Census

asperity

he BBC is at the forefront, presenting positive images of ethnic diversity by increasing their proportion, especially on programmes directed at the young and impressionable viewer. Thus creating cohorts of liberal luvvies to continue the good work!

:lol: :lol:

Do you actually beleive that Obs :?:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julia is a legend......

I hope all of you councillors that look in on this little forum take note; it is not racist to expect immigrants to adapt to our culture. WBC should not be paying thousands of pounds in translation fees and thousands of pounds giving benefits to foreigners who do not deserve it....

Here here, I have no problem with Tourist information (and anything touristy) having several languages, and maybe hospitals, and police stations (Fair justice and all that). Theory driving tests, voting information, etc, should be in English and Welsh only. If I moved to another country one of my priorities would be to learn the main language.

It did used to be a dying language about 50 years ago, recenlty revived by Lt Kije's taxes :wink:

here is a map showing counties with percentage of welsh speakers

Siaradwyr_y_Gymraeg_ym_Mhrif_Ardaloedd_Cymru.png[/url]

spoken by over 600,000, Welsh is even one of the official languages of the EUSSR :wink:

If i wanted to be especially picky, I would incude Cornish too :lol::lol:

A lot of people speak welsh in Abersoch Peter.... have you never been :wink:

Mostly English in the season Dizzy. Didn't you know it was the playground of the rich?

Which is exactly why many of the real locals do, and always will, speak Welsh in their presence Peter.

Understandable in a way as the the influx of the English 'richies' has priced the local youngster's out of buying homes and living there but then again what am I saying as it has also built the area up and increased the spending in the 'locals' shops and provided a lot of local work for may 'Welshies' :wink:

Going back probably about 20 years a new family moved into the road where I grew up. They were English but had lived on Anglesey and had a small business.

They upped sticks. left it all behind and moved back here as it had got so bad. I can't remember the exact details but I'm sure they had a lot of damage done to their business and cars and they had either had their house set on fire or were threatened with it. :?

A lot higher than I thought Ricky.

Is there a similar map showing the number of Polish/foreign speaking people in England :wink:

i looked on polish bit but there was only a map on central europe. personally I couldnt give a rats arse who speaks what language to others, but the practise of making Cheshire police's newsletter avalible in 1000 laguages must discontinue :lol::lol:

No problem with them speaking Welsh if they are paying for the lessons, as someone who is English why should I pay :?:

I often think that about some of the things we fund in Europe Kije...... what is the difference? Surely in your eyes you should see it as keeping a fellow European countries' language alive?

Everything for the greater good of the Euro state and all that :wink: