Census

asperity

isn't this census because liebor wanted to be able to raise council taxes from households and this was seen as the way to get all the information they need for their communistic data bases?

The first UK census was introduced in 1801 by the then Tories. Not sure they had the council tax. :roll::roll:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand and support the idea of the census, what does bother me is the intrusiveness of the questions.

All they need to know is who is living in the house.

Why do they need to know what your job was?

All this info. is available from the Tax Office.

And why is the British option there as well as English etc?

I also thought that the house details were to increase the banding of Council Tax.

Why do they need you to fill in the names of any visitors who stay at your home on the night of 27 March ? 1 night ???

Is that a serious question?

Note to whingers:- It takes less time to fill in than it does to moan about it on here.

I have nothing to hide, but the size of my house is my business, not HMG.

Just beware Kije, it will come back and bite you.

And at the end of the day, it is the honest people who will suffer.

Will the illegals fill in the census form?

What do you have to hide by posting under that name? :shock:

I am hiding nothing from the government you're the one whining about what the government should and should not know. And why will the honest people suffer.

Ps

You could take your complaint to the European Court and say your human rites are being infringed by the nosey government :wink::lol:

Why do they need you to fill in the names of any visitors who stay at your home on the night of 27 March ? 1 night ???

Is that a serious question?

Note to whingers:- It takes less time to fill in than it does to moan about it on here.

Yes Eagle it was a serious question so stop whinging and I shall chose how I utilise my own time thanks :roll::P

So........If for example my son decides to have his mates sleeping over on the 27th why on earth should I have to put them on my census return when they only live down the road with their parents anyway and such I shall ask the question again....what purpose does this question serve ? ?

Oh and question 17 "This question is intentionally left blank... go to question 18" is soooo funny :lol:

Still waiting for your reasons why the government needs to know about the interior of private houses LtKije. Do you know? Do you care? Perhaps they want to know how many CCTV cameras they need in order to put one in each room, who knows. It's certainly very naiive to think that our government is benign. :roll::roll::roll:

Well i've got a four bedroom detached with 2 ensuites and a double garage. I can't say I'm bothered who knows. :wink:

I live in a six bedroom detached mansion with 6 bathrooms, 2 reception rooms, a ballroom, an annex with heated swimming pool and a 3 car garage. Also you don't know my address any more than I know yours. Stupid argument Wolfie :roll::roll::roll:

I think Peter and Asp have had loft conversions and not asked for planning permission and are now getting worried :lol::wink:

I always thought you are ok as long as you did them ages ago... but it's when you come to sell that you get stuck as you can't class it as a room.

Anyway if they have I'm sure their's would have been merely been done for 'storage' puropses and is therefore classed as a large cupboard so is not relevant on this census :wink:

Well i've got a four bedroom detached with 2 ensuites and a double garage. I can't say I'm bothered who knows. :wink:

I live in a six bedroom detached mansion with 6 bathrooms, 2 reception rooms, a ballroom, an annex with heated swimming pool and a 3 car garage. Also you don't know my address any more than I know yours. Stupid argument Wolfie :roll::roll::roll:

................ and it floats. :lol: