What's going on?

Horace

What's going on? I logged on to the Frodsham Life forum expecting to find the handful of usuals who normally inhabit it and find I am on the WWW forum. Now I am a member of both, so it doesn't bother me particularly. But what are other Frodsham members to make of this? Have the two forums been merged, or what?

I never even knew there was a Frodsham Life forum so I had to have a look. It brought me to here too but it wasn't a wasted journey as I read your news page and 'The Hillfort Project' sounds really interesting :D

Anyway......if you are here how will you carry on the chats that you were having over there :?

What's going on? I logged on to the Frodsham Life forum expecting to find the handful of usuals who normally inhabit it and find I am on the WWW forum. Now I am a member of both, so it doesn't bother me particularly. But what are other Frodsham members to make of this? Have the two forums been merged, or what?

The old style forum had to be closed down so a re-direction was put on here until a new forum can be sourced.

We are even looking at updating this forum soon! :shock:

Oooh how annoying to suddely lose your current chats with your friends :shock: ... but then again :lol:

Hope you all post on here in the meantime though Horace as it would be really nice to chat with you and the others from Frodsham and to also hear what's going on over that way too :D

PS Gary......Why update this one as it's great the way it is and if you do please don't lose all the past topics as they are very interesting to re-read and refer to from time to time.

The old style forum had to be closed down so a re-direction was put on here until a new forum can be sourced.

Garry, although I appreciate, "the inmates shold not run the asylum" why don't you hold one of your Poll's on the subject.

Garry, although I appreciate, "the inmates shold not run the asylum" why don't you hold one of your Poll's on the subject.

Unfortunately we have no choice in the matter - forums become outdated and easy to attack by the spammers once they work out how to get around the security - so they will always need to be updated - this one is long over due.

I realise it takes people out of a comfort zone.

World War three broke out when we last changed the forum and the main site - but eventually people adapt to change.

Will we lose all our old topics then and will our post counts go back down to zero :shock:

As you know there was talk from Victor a while back about a party being arranged when I reach 10000 posts and I'm doing my best to get there :lol:

Do you get that manny spammers who actually cause real bother though to make it necessary for you to go to all the trouble of changing the forum or do we just not notice them?

Will we lose all our old topics then and will our post counts go back down to zero :shock:

As you know there was talk from Victor a while back about a party being arranged when I reach 5000 posts and I'm doing my best to get there :lol:

Do you get that manny spammers who actually cause real bother though to make it necessary for you to go to all the trouble of changing the forum or do we just not notice them?

Why would you be worried about getting a party for 5000 posts when you have over 8000? :?

Flippin' heck do you lot not have senses of humour anymore.

NUMBER OF POSTS DOES NOT MATTER IN THE SLIGHTEST... lighten up :lol:

It was a joke someone made a while back on another thread about my frequent posts.

My number of posts per day has dramatically reduced of late and I wonder why :lol::lol: