Golden Square Evacuation

Eagle

Apparently it was a bomb scare... says someone who was shopping at the time :shock:

So Friday it got evacuated for whatever reason but nothing was reported

Sunday the bomb squad went to Marsh House lane to make safe letter bombs destined for specific fraud witnesses

And today town evacuated again.

Nothing been reported on here though :?

I think I'll stay away from the shops for a while just incase :shock:

I did not read any insult or reference to blowing things up in Peters post.

I took it to read that maybe some nice kind person would take it over and flatten it in favour of something more accessible. with maybe no need for escalators, that don't work, and floors that don't become like ski slopes when wet.

The only Inference is what the rest of you have put in your interpretation of his post. :?

Good morning everyone. :D:lol:

While you have all gone of at a tangent I'd just like to say that I know Peter's comment was tongue in cheek but I personally didn't find it funny hence my quick comment which by the way had a :oops: and a :? after it rather than a :evil: to show that I wasn't annoyed.... it just wasn't funny to me.

Reason.... I was in Warrington shopping for a mothers day present and was just about to go into boots but as my mum was so hard to buy for I suddenly decided 'sod it' I'll go to a garden centre and I left............. 20 minutes before the bomb went off.

If I hadn't have left then I would have been there when it exploded and add to that the fact that for most of the day like a lot of people I couldn't get hold of some family members and friends who had been shopping too.... the talk of bombs and evacuations gives me the shivvers after that awful day :shock:

Sorry if my comment has caused and ill feeling and I'm 100% sure that Peter did not and would not insult anyone in such a way.

Poor taste Peter and an insult to all those injured and killed in the last Warrington bombings.

Bill

AS a Patron at the Peace Centre and an individual who was caught up in the bombing covering it for the local and national media I did not see any connection between Peter's tongue in cheek post and the Warrington bombing - until your post Bill :roll:

Sunday the bomb squad went to Marsh House lane to make safe letter bombs destined for specific fraud witnesses

Nothing been reported on here though :?

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/10004/1/Man-in-court-on-explosives-charge/Page1.html

Evacuations due to "bomb scares" happen quite frequently but don't get reported as they mostly involve a suspicious package being someone's shopping.

We all know Peter?s comments were tongue in cheek however they were none the less poorly thought out, and wholly insensitive to people like myself who had close family members seriously injured in the last bomb attack.

At the time, I did politely request that both Peter?s and my own post be removed so as not to cause any offence to others or to the forum and it's members.

It?s sad that this wasn?t done and that people are now making light of this issue.

Bill :)

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Firstly, this is the first time I have been on the Forum today.

Bill,

Get real. When I wrote it, I briefly thought that it could be misconstrued, but then I thought "we are all sensible adults on here and would see the comical side of my comment", BUT there's always one.

I was referring to the news item (see Gary's link) and I thought how wonderful if this guy could have sneaked into Golden Square in the early hours of the morning and flattened it.

Perhaps we should put a feeler post out before posting to see if a subject would offend anyone.

OR are you feeling mischievous Bill?

Either way, I don't think that I have anything to apologise for nor feel it necessary to remove the post.

Peter. (Poster)