ASBO Mk 2 ?

observer

HMG is to bring in a "new" ASBO, in an attempt to curb anti social behaviour - will it make any difference? :? The old ASBO was said to be being treated as a "badge of courage"; so some thought has gone into providing draconian sanctions against offenders - if they've been really naughty - they could have their I-pod taken off them -WOW. And if they've been really really naughty - they could have their passport confiscated - thus ensuring their moronic behaviour stays at home! :roll:

:shock::lol:

Anyway.... like you say Obs ASBOS seem to have become a status symbol. So something needs to be done and tougher measures need to be brought in.

Passport removal.. good idea but not much use if the offender doesn't actually have a passport to remove.

iPod and personal item removal... waste if time as most people gettings ASBO's are low life's anyway so take away their iPod or other items and they will probably just nick someone else's :roll:

Also, ASBO's can be given to any person over the age of 10 yrs. So say for example I bought my son a new bike, iPod or whatever... then he got himself an ASBO and these items were taken off him couldn't I just say... hang on a minute Mr Policeman I BOUGHT those so legally they are mine and I want them back?

For repeat offenders then rather than these soft approaches they should just hit them (literally if it was allowed :wink: ) sorry just hit them with more severe punishments such as a real criminal record and lock them up in the cells for a while.

I was going to say splash their names and photo's on bill boards in the area they live but then again that would boost their 'street cred' :roll:

hang on a minute Mr Policeman I BOUGHT those so legally they are mine and I want them back?

Many parents bought their kids mini motorbikes. If they were caught driving them on the public highway they were confiscated and crushed, regardless of who bought them.

Comes back to the prison thing again - a lost cause with Kenneth Clarke in charge.

I would like to see indictable offences which are punished by fines; ASBOs; community service type of thing, given a suspended sentence to go along with it, to be enforced if the lesser? punishment is subject of a default.

Happy days

Wolfie...... that's because it is an offence to ride a mini motorbike on public road/land unless you have a license, tax blah blah blah :wink: Every had a go one one... they are fun but not as good as quad bikes :oops::lol:

Don't get me wrong if my lad got an ASBO I'd take his things off him anyway :evil:

Well how about a simple three month sentence to be served immediately.

Sentence to be served in inside a nice, cosy, fifteen foot electrified fence the first six feet consisting of triple stranded razor wire and topped off with coils of razor wire. Accommodation to consist of three man tents sleeping four to a tent. All meals provided via air drop. Nearest habitation fifteen miles in any direction over moorland and swamp. visiting to be arranged by appointment with a four month wait for permission to be granted.

No phones, no tv and no appeal.

Presumably these "low lifes" are the spawn of ferrel families without dicipline, education or ambition; other than to roam there estates seeking a buzz out of creating misery for someone else. Well, OK; there are underlying social and economic factors at work here (the main one being they don't work!). But to grow up in an enviroment that continually teaches "rights", but never imposes the boundaries of responsibilty, will inevitably lead to anti-social outcomes. Therefore, it seems that such individuals need to be removed from such enviroments altogether and re-educated. Such a process would require them facing physical and mental challenges within a strictly diciplined enviroment. Not quite National Service, or the US Peace Corps or the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme - but perhaps something similar. Community service would mean exactly that, where enforced work to repair their enviroment and rectify the kind of damage they currently create, but perhaps also work abroad for NGOs in places like Haiti - may assist in them "finding themselves" or in simple terms "growing up". No doubt there would be some losses through suicide, as these hard cases, discovered they couldn't hack it - but perhaps the survivors would eventually turn out to become responsible and mature citizens? :?

Having read today that the king of the low lifes..... Raoul Moat bought the gun he used to kill and maim whilst inside prison during a phone call; that would be enough for me to justify banning all communication with the outside world for prisoners. Set up a phone signal jamming device for all prisons and limit visits to one family member once a month

Stop treating these scum like it is a shame that they are inside and that they should be afforded luxuries because they are away from their families

Harry Hayes says

Comes back to the prison thing again - a lost cause with Kenneth Clarke in charge

You have hit the nail on the head. Clarke is a remnant of a byegone era and should be sent up to the Lords to live on port and get plenty of sleep.

This country needs a return to proper law and order and to get this it needs to get out of the eu.

Presumably these "low lifes" are the spawn of ferrel families without dicipline, education or ambition; other than to roam there estates seeking a buzz out of creating misery for someone else. Well, OK; there are underlying social and economic factors at work here (the main one being they don't work!). But to grow up in an enviroment that continually teaches "rights", but never imposes the boundaries of responsibilty, will inevitably lead to anti-social outcomes. Therefore, it seems that such individuals need to be removed from such enviroments altogether and re-educated. Such a process would require them facing physical and mental challenges within a strictly diciplined enviroment. Not quite National Service, or the US Peace Corps or the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme - but perhaps something similar. Community service would mean exactly that, where enforced work to repair their enviroment and rectify the kind of damage they currently create, but perhaps also work abroad for NGOs in places like Haiti - may assist in them "finding themselves" or in simple terms "growing up". No doubt there would be some losses through suicide, as these hard cases, discovered they couldn't hack it - but perhaps the survivors would eventually turn out to become responsible and mature citizens? :?

My thoughts exactly! I would send the parents as well, just a different location!

3 months seems reasonable enough. If any manage to survive that long then give them a weeks respite and send em back in again :wink::twisted:

Note that I did not say anything about stopping them from rioting or beating the living daylights out of each other. Once inside what they get up to is their business.

A way of paying for all this is to make a reality show of it. that should satisfy all the ghoulish among the viewing public and also may just serve as a deterrent.