POTHOLES - They are coming back again

Dizzy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary will tell you off for saying that Obs :lol::lol:

It has always has seemed to thing actioned a lot quicker in the past though rather than using the council's normal advised methods of contact :lol:

I'm still waiting for someone to ring me back from weeks ago :evil::roll:

Well with the blanket rollout of 20mph threatened for roads in the area do we need all those speed humps. If not then they could be dug up and used to fill in the pot holes thus saving a few more bob for the council.

Mind you at 20 you would probably not even feel the potholes and there would be less damage caused to both car and road so no new potholes would appear saving even more money for the council.

Er I seem to be making a case for the 20 is plenty thread. Oh dear :oops::oops::wink:

Not to worry and I've been swinging that way too. Actually should I rephrase that :lol:

The road with the most potholes round here is the one near the primary school and with all the parked cars and school nearby the traffic is fairly slow round there in the day... night time is a different matter :roll:

I think it's volume of traffic rather than speed which is worsening those holes.

HOWEVER... I think the road itself may have suffered because of all the huge construction vehicles and lorries that went down it when they demolished and rebuilt the school... and now the little unnoticed cracks and whatever may have got disturbed underneath is obviously giving up completely.

Maye Crudens should pay half towards the resurfacing of the whole road... saying that the council did tell them to do it :wink:

It is not just potholes now Whole roads are disintegrating as I drive past them. Holes everywhere and not a council worker in sight.

I am considering buying some ready tarmac and fixing the potholes and such in roads I use .. a sort of selfish big society activity ... but I need a yellow coat for this or can I do the work at night when my black one should suffice.

It is not just potholes now Whole roads are disintegrating as I drive past them. Holes everywhere and not a council worker in sight.

I am considering buying some ready tarmac and fixing the potholes and such in roads I use .. a sort of selfish big society activity ... but I need a yellow coat for this or can I do the work at night when my black one should suffice.

Might be a good idea Wahl.

Update on some of 'my' potholes as previously shown on here :roll:

Today a man in a yellow coat has been painting around them (well some of them) and listing them for repair.... you will expect me to say HURRAH at this point but read on...... :evil:

It was noticed that only CERTAIN potholes out of the large groups were being marked.. rather odd.

The apparent reason is that for a pothole to be marked for repair it has to meet certain criteria and that criteria is simply that they have to be deeper than 40mm.

OK makes sense... BUT

Where there are large groups of potholes together and where it is obvious that those NOT YET quite at the 40mm depth DOES IT MAKE SENSE FOR

1.... the potholes to be reported

2.... an inspector to be sent out

3.... the inspector to then send another man out with a measuring stick and paint marker

4.... who then marks and logs the holes meeting the criteria

5.... who then reports back to the inspector with the list

6.... who then advises the 'team' who he has aquired for a 6 week period to repair any marked potholes on the now approved list.

7.... and who then probably goes back again to check they hae been done

And while all this is going on the unmarked ones which are not down for repair will obviouly get progressively worse to a point where

1.... the inspector will be sent out again

2.... followed by the man with the measuring stick and paint can

3.... followed by points 4, 5 and 6 (providing of course the team for the area have not then been moved to another area) and 7.

HOW MUCH MUST ALL THIS COST.

Surely it costs a damn site more that just having one person look at the holes and saying YES they need fixing and one visit from the 'team' to actually do it.

No wonder the council have NO MONEY... they are spending it all on endless inspectors visits and other site visits rather than on what is actually needed ie tarmac, real labour and common sense.

Oh amd while I am obvioulsy in a ranting mood I'd just like to add that I put my finger in two of the unmarked ones earlier and they are actually over 40mm deep :roll: And yes the murky water half filling them was dirty and cold. :oops:

Maybe the council operatives measuring stick was waterproof 8):lol:

PPS the team for repairs are currently working over near Latchford they will then spend a period in and around Stockton Heath, Appleton and Stretton and the Inspectors name and direct contact number so as to avoid having to go through the normal lengthy contact centre routes is ........ best not eh .

PM me if you want it :wink: