Would you like a picture hosting on the forum?

Gary

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 monkies went last week Peter and they were cute.... :P I then had a photo of me as a toddler drinking from a beer can :oops::lol:

And now just for Gary I have none at all while he tests my image..... although if he doesn't hurry up I'll be putting it back myself the other way :lol::wink:

My 2 monkies went last week Peter and they were cute.... :P I then had a photo of me as a toddler drinking from a beer can :oops::lol:

And now just for Gary I have none at all while he tests my image..... although if he doesn't hurry up I'll be putting it back myself the other way :lol::wink:

As you can see it works fine - it was a worthwhile exercise and I have now discovered what peeps are doign wrong.

It is a shame it took so long for someone to email me what they were trying to do so I could show them where they were going wrong.:roll:

When it doesn't upload your profile it actually gives an error message at the top of the page saying what is wrong.

In this case it was down to the fact that the file size was greater than 6kb.

I achieved a lower resolution by using the save for web facility in photoshop - simples! :lol::wink:

Nice one Gary....:D:D:D

I might leave that one for a while as it's rather fitting for me don't you think :lol: and I'm sorry it took me so long to email you my test image.

We weren't really doing anything wrong though as you never told us they had to be less than than 4kb you just said less than or equal to 80 x 80 px :P:wink:

Bloody Hell what is wrong with me :evil::lol::lol:

It STILL wont work for me....... :cry::?:cry:

Tried to put the one back of me as a baby (that I usually use) and nothing again by 'upload from pc'.

Image size 72 78 px

File size 4kb

I will not be beaten by a stupid little image and an upload button... well ok yes I might be :lol:

Gary.... can you please email me the actual test image that YOU got to work for me after you changed it (ie the little yellow confused smiley)..... and I will try it from my PC.

If it still doesn't work then it will be obvious why not :lol:

Sorry Gary but my file size was less than that.

It does tell you that the file size shouldn't exceed 6k

Mine was so grainy and pixcelated that I didnt measure the file size I counted it! :lol:

Just dosn't work!

Bill :)

So how did I get your mug shot to work by following excatly the same process?

Of course there could be a browser compatability issue although I experienced all the same problems you have been having until I worked out how to do it properly! :roll::wink:

Ooooohhhhh..... :evil:

Gary.... as you can see the very same image that you used DOES NOT work from here therefore it is not actually us who are doing anything wrong :P

I'll try again using firefox instead of Internet explorer.

If that fails then you just must have special powers as you own the forum and website :wink:

...and just copied your actual curent avatar image Gary which is 71 x 80 px and 4kb in size and that doesn't work either...

I have no idea why I tried that though.. maybe I thought the pc would think I was you and it would then work for me :lol::lol::lol:

Gary....

Have you checked the phpBB settings etc at your end... it may work for you as you have a higher level of permission and access than we do. :wink:

This might help (taken off the phpBB Board help) although obviously the directory must be there as you have managed it but maybe we don't have PERMISSION to use it.

I am unable to upload avatars from my computer, regardless of the settings.

There are two possibilities here, the first is you have not created the directory you specified as the storage location for avatars, ie. as specified in the Admin -> General -> Board Configuration -> Avatar settings section.

If the directory does not exist uploadeable avatars are automatically disabled.

You should create the required directory (ensuring it has global write access or other appropriate permissions to allow the webserver to write files to it).

****The second possibility is that your provider has disabled file_upload support. You should contact your provider and ask them if this is the case. There is not a lot you can do, there are still three other avatar settings left to choose from including uploading via an URL which will work fine.****

another also says that

...check the permissions of the ../uploads and ../uploads/user_avatars directories, they need to be set with 777 permissions

I might not be doing anything from mine very soon.... :shock:

For the past hour every time I come on here an 'avast shield' warning pops up and my computer is going into security overdrive... it's scared.... of you maybe Gary :shock::lol:

Apparently my PC has also just reported your website to Microsoft Gary...sorry :lol::oops::shock:

S**t it's at it again and only when I come on here... gotta go.. it would seem.

Have fun everyone and I've not even put my avatar back yet or backed up my pc :lol: Oh well not to worry, whats the worst than could happen eh :shock::lol: