Would you like a picture hosting on the forum?

Gary

That's what I had done Dizzy. :oops: I'm a bit like you at not reading instructions properly then? :):wink:

Its a terrible trait eh... I blame it on my dad cos he never reads instructions either.

But like you say thanks to this forum we are all learning... and yes I've started reading instructions and even my dad has dusted off his camera manual too (well cd) and is finally reading it thanks to PJ and Algy :wink::D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I didn't get invited round for a brew... can we now get back to the topic of uploading Avatar Images :lol::lol::P

Geoff Settle and Silver Lady both want one and have ovbiously tried but have struggled so they still need help..... or one uploading for them if they do not have acces to (or want to use) the likes of www.Photobucket.com

:D:wink: Nice one :D

Now all you have to do if fix the other link in your actual post :wink:

Go to your picture on photobucket and THIS TIME click and copy in the box that says IMG CODE.

Edit your previous post and paste that link instead of what is already there as the current one (although in the correct format) seems to be pointing to a 'current view' at the moment rather than a direct IMG link. Also make sure that you don't thave the final command at the end like you have now.

Think I may have started all this last week when I realized after two hours of trying that the forum's upload from your own PC method wasn't working.

Sorry!

Bill :)

Don't apologise Bill, I've been trying to sort an avitar back on here for over a year now and with everyone's help and encouragement I have managed it at last.

Dizzy the shot was taken in Prague a few years ago.

The streets were covered in snow and ice yet I managed to stay on my feet then.

It just goes to show how dangerous and selective Warrington Ice is!! :cry:

I have a great picture (screen shot actually) of the morning we woke up to black ice in the Warrington area. It's from the AA RoadWatch site and shows how the conditions were limited wholey to the Warrington area.

Just realised the pictures at work I'll add it tomorrow :oops:

Think I may have started all this last week when I realized after two hours of trying that the forum's upload from your own PC method wasn't working.

Sorry!

Don't apologise Bill, I've been trying to sort an avitar back on here for over a year now and with everyone's help and encouragement I have managed it at last.

Dizzy the shot was taken in Prague a few years ago.

The streets were covered in snow and ice yet I managed to stay on my feet then.

It just goes to show how dangerous and selective Warrington Ice is!! :cry:

No you haven't Geoff!

Bill the reason it didn't work was your mug shot was the wrong size - it worked fine for me once I resized it.

It is the size which ois critical.

All you peeps who can't get it to work are not re-sizing your pictures to 80px x 80 px

All you peeps who can't get it to work are not re-sizing your pictures to 80px x 80 px

So how about this 'peeps' then Gary ie ME :roll:

I know what I am doing and the 'upload from your pc' didn't (and has never) worked for me either :? and YES my picture was definately less than 80px x 80px.

And just to make sure I also tried it with one that I KNEW would work as I had used it before... and it still didn't work and I told you that.

Geoff, Wingnut and Victor all know how to do it the other way now anyway 8):P

Peter.... you've managed to upload photo's on here recently so photobucket used to work for you.

Are you typing the correct username / password and making sure you don't have caps lock on etc ?

PM or ring me if you are still stuck :wink:

Don't try teaching you granny to suck eggs Garry. :wink::lol:

The image I used was a lot less than 80 x 80 and just like others report, it just wouldn't work.

The one I sent to you was the origional size.

:lol::lol: I didn't know you were Gary's Granny Bill... now that is weird.. grandad maybe but not granny :lol:

PS From what Wingy and Peter says it sounds like photobucket may have been playing up a bit yesterday though. Maybe too many of us were using it at the same time :lol::lol: