Equality Law

wolfie

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it depends on the reasons for time of sick? If there is an ongoing medical condition which necessitates a lot of time off, that is one thing and should be handled appropriately, but if it is just lots of different days off for coughs, colds, bad backs etc. and nothing constructive is being done to improve their situation, that is another and should be dealt with differently.

Disablist? Why? :?

To clarify, I meant those who are unfortunate enough to be diagnosed with cancer or something else like that and need a lot of time off for treatment. I have heard that people have been sacked in such circumstances and that is clearly unfair and wrong, although it can sometimes put the (small business) employer in a difficult position with regard to paying out for a lot of cover.

Everyone should be treated fairly.

Going off subject slightly, apparantly if a child is lost in a supermarket, the parents are left to search around not knowing if the child has been found, because supermarkets are no longer allowed to announce over the stores intercom that a child has been found, incase a paedophile happens to be instore. :roll::roll:

Wolfie I can actually imagine that some idiot somewhere will have come up with that ruling.

Surely the distraught child would realise that Mr or Mrs Pedo were not their parents when they came to collect them though.

As long as no name was given over the speakers then the staff would know the child's name and the parent's could confirm it on collection... although I guess that would depend on the age of the child and their ability to speak :shock::?