Are imprinted concrete paths dangerous?

Geoffrey Settle

Back to the post - First off hello Geoff!!

Second, a trick I learned from my years up north - never walk on a clean path if its freezing outside(unless its been below -20, then the ice gets sticky and walkable, believe it or not) - find some snow or grass and walk on it.

You could have really been hurt badly!!

rewind and re-read Baz... I have already explained and yes I know :roll:

PS Algy having woken up with my mind racing.. whittle, witter,whittle,witter... I think you may be right I'm wittering :wink::lol::oops:

Geoff.... what sort of soles have you got on your shoes as that can make a big difference when the ground is slippy. I have some walking type boots but the rubber on them seem to make me slip more than if I wear my old trainers :?

Try wearing two different shoes and see which one seems the best :wink::lol:

Good idea Dizzy :wink:

I have been wearing my fell boots and did find them slippery when doing a walk in the Langdales before Christmas. There was a covering of snow on the ground and ice on the steps leading up the fell behind the Dungengill.

After about 15 minutes walking along side the roaring stream stream and nearly slipping in I suggested to my wife that we should head back and explore the bar and warm fire.

The other day I did try my Newbalance shoes but they were no better. I will now search out my running spikes and use them.

:D