Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

Originally posted by pinkperson:

I earlier had informed the administrators that I wished to put in a bid for the business as a going concern, but they chose to ignore this and 2 days later sold the business back to Dutton and Winders for a pittance.

I have today put in a written complaint to the DTI Companies Investigation Branch.

Here is a useful link to the Government's insolvency service:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/faq/faqeactc.htm

There are rules concerning Administrators, and acting in the best interests of the creditors is one of them.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink Ladies are still operational, still picking Tilly and I up - and on time! - the cabs are still clean, the drivers are some of the safest drivers I've ever been with and the fares are comparable with other Warrington firms. :)

They're the main things, so Tilly, don't let anyone get to you on here, it's not worth it. :D

Bren. :wink:

No one as said they are not worth it? Only that the PINK LADYS are braking the law and are a danger to the public who use them. as the law sands now ? NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND OR FOLLOW ?

How broad minded some people are, they will just do something to win. Like on here ?O look at me? I will use my, so-called high intelligence to project my Literature skills to win.

But to them who have all the facts. I will insult the way others (should I say me norr,) Composed posts on here to poke fun because that?s the only way I can get them back. (me, my self I do not care but I could have!) that to me is BULLING just because they cannot win the argument as its stands. Other may not approach a subject or even post if only way they react in to insult the way they compile a post insted of reading the post and trying to understand it, I have been on here from the very start and Gary will back me here. I have never insulted any one on the way they post the subject matter yes and the poster yes. but not the way they post

this is not Armed at any one just a randdom suggestion :D

No one as said they are not braking the law as it stands. so what is that telling you ? SO WHY USE THEM

And they are a danger to the public NO ONE CAN CHECK THEM.

as i will say again "I don't think warrington taxi drivers would object to Pink Ladies as long as they are subject to all the checks that taxi drivers have to go through".

[ 25.01.2007, 12:00: Message edited by: tara dad ]

Just found out that Pink Ladies Plymouth have now gone under. So thats the last 1 of the franchises gone out of business, after 6 months of trading.

Dont know how they survived that long, they did really well. Guess the final straw would have been when they didnt get paid for all the journeys paid for with the Pink topup card because all the funds from these cards were held by Pink Ladies Ltd who went into Administration.

Do you know what the most disgusting thing was. It was me who informed Plymouth that Pink Ladies Ltd ( the Warrington Franchisor) , had gone into Administration. That was 3 weeks after they had gone into Administration. Pink Ladies Ltd themselves didnt even have the decency to tell their Franchisee in Plymouth that they had gone into Administration and that they probably would not be getting paid for all the journeys they had already given. Plymouth lost over ?6000 on this alone I am led to believe.

So you can all see what the business ethics of the people who run Pink ladies are like.

Another ?100,000 lost by the 2 ladies , mother and daughter team, who bought the Plymouth Franchise and with the mother in her late fifties not much chance of recovering financially from this. So more lives ruined.

And of course ALL the members in Plymouth who had their money on the Top up cards , again all lost.

A well and truely tarnished brand.

I am now receiving replies from the Franchise Departments of ALL the major banks acknowleging

the information I have provided them with regarding the Pink Ladies Franchise and I doubt any of them will lend funds on this franchise.

And the lesson for Tilly and Bren from all this is surely , dont put too much money on your top-up cards, just enough to pay for 1 journey at a time.

Or alternatively, take a proper Taxi, where you know your insured, the cars are checked and the owner probably has proper business ethics.

Whilst I understand what you are saying, people enter into franchise agreements and finance arrangements, freely. As should always be the case in such business transactions, due diligence needs to be paramount, as as in all other walks of life, gilding the lily or as some might say, dishonesty and distorting of the facts for personal advantage does occur with some regularity in business.

Interestingly I have seen more Pink Ladies vehicles on the roads in Warrington in the last few weeks than I have done for some time so clearly there is a demand for their service.....or it is part of a marketing campaign and they are just being driven around without actually having any customers. :wink:

[ 28.01.2007, 10:06: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Probably buying up all the pink vehicles from the receivers of the franchises that have gone bust. Lets face it, they are hardly likely to get many offers from many other places for a load of bright pink former taxis are they?

:D

could be seen as libelous so edited your post.

[ 28.01.2007, 11:05: Message edited by: TLC ]

Seems to me that there is a lot of jealousy re. Warrington's Pink Ladies.

Do any of us ever consider whether a car, bus, taxi is roadworthy, insured or whatever before taking the ride?

ALL vehicles have to go through an MOT. and ALL have to have insurance.

The latter only applying when the insurance company can't wriggle out of it. :x

Thanks TLC...don't want to get sued!!

Peter, you have made some strange comments over the past few days, but accusing people of being jealous has to be the best yet....

Can you explain exactly what there is to be jealous of please? I am dying to know!

Eagle,

I would suggest that is an assumption that the driver is insured.

As with anyone offering their vehicle for hire. We make an assumption that they are insured and that they have the current paperwork to support the assumption.

Baz,

Probably because I am a strange bloke.

Have you not noticed that the people complaining are a taxi driver and a person from London who I presume rightly or wrongly are/have been involved with one of the Pink Ladies companies, and seems to have an axe to grind, nence her admission about reporting them.

PS.

If you would like any more of my strange posts explaining, point them out and I will try to clear the air. :wink: