Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

from tara dad

No one said they are not a good thing.

But here one Tilly (nice to but heads again) and the others who think the sun shines.

I am a taxi driver in this town and if you want to here the stories about the pink ladies if really want to see loads of the complaints about then look on a taxi forum. Then you will see how many people complain about them and it?s all over the country that uses them.

Like using pestering tex on their phones all the time! About to you what a taxi if you?re going out to night.

Over changing!

Big bill without telling the customer at the time.

The list goes on and on

The other taxi companies in this town are not angels at all, but there is one thing on the public?s side they work within the law and are countable to the council. And if not they can be fined or took of the road for your safety or jailed. Not the same for the pink ladies

But why not go home in a stranger?s car for flag a stanger down in the street at the end of the nigh or after night on the town because that?s what you?re doing in their cars.

from td steve

no peter no got it yet youll be the frist to

know lol

And to the other who say about the times they have to wait yes your right you do. but here one thing to take into acount 200 plus car on one taxi firm taking over 1.000 calls an hour. To another having five cars taking less than four calls an hour who do you think will be there first! Like I say if you want a taxi wait. if there are not there on time. walk easy as that or call another

and to other who say about the smell of drivers or car you want to sell the passagers as well at the end of a night or day. where do you think the smell comes from.

I will tell you like it is if you do not like what I say well hard luck i will not bull.... you. I will tell you like it is and yes all the rest of us are no angels. but if you ask I will tell you like it is with out the bull

[ 21.12.2006, 12:37: Message edited by: tara dad ]

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about all the Franchise owners who were sold a 'Ladies Only Private Hire' Franchise that turned out NOT to be private hire at all as the cars and drivers were not licensed, the supposed expertise being passed on in running a 'private hire' business, when shortly afterwards the Pink Ladies removed their hire plates. And what about them been told they needed a ?20K contingency fund for the venture which in some cases was used up in little more than a month leading to going out of business.

2 of the Franchises suffered losses of over ?100k in only 4 months trading. And when legal action is just around the corner Pink Ladies go into administration.

Happens all the time unfortunately PP.

I have been taken a few times by companies which go bust or voluntary liquidation, only to start up the following week as a different company. Try asking the VAT man to let you off your payments this quarter because some low-life has just taken you for 30 grand!

One of the companies which did us was trading again inside 3 days and the old MD (Who now of course had nothing to do with the new company cos we could have sued him personally!) Was still living in his big house and driving his Porsche!

Originally posted by BazJ:

Just heard a sponsorship message on Wire FM featuring Pink Ladies so heaven knows whats going on!!

Not heard the sponsorship message, are they asking for sponsors themselves?

The Midweek 'little rag' (dated 26th) says 'Pink Ladies Ltd' has now been bought out by 'Warrington Pink Ladies Ltd'.

'PL Ltd' went into voluntarty liquidation at the start of Nov. The administrator company dealing with it said the 'company' ceased to trade on 6 Nov and that it's business and assets have now been sold.... that was quick ...

The buying company 'Warr PL Ltd' has the two original founders of the company as co-directors.

So there it is.. clear as mud !?!?

The Warrington branch is definately still trading anyway which will be good news for all the people who use their services..... but not such good news for those who bought the failed francises eh :confused:

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

What has occurred is a common(ish), perfectly legal albeit not very ethical business practice. The common variant is that Bloggs Limited becomes Bloggs 2006 Limited overnight and continues, debt free, where the defunct company ceased.

Think that's the problem. It is all too common ,legal and in my opinion easy :x

Create yourself a 'Licence To Diddle' (Ltd) company and you can just do that.

Your debts start to build up...you owe more than you can handle... you take orders, receive the payment but then realise you can't produce... whatever the scenario when the going gets too tough you just close down and all your debts just go away overnight. Then you start all over again with a fresh slate!

It leaves the door wide open for companies being set up just to do this sort of thing....

I'm not saying PL's have done this but many other so called companies do :x

Originally posted by Dismayed:

The Midweek 'little rag' (dated 26th) says 'Pink Ladies Ltd' has now been bought out by 'Warrington Pink Ladies Ltd'.

'PL Ltd' went into voluntarty liquidation at the start of Nov. The administrator company dealing with it said the 'company' ceased to trade on 6 Nov and that it's business and assets have now been sold.... that was quick ...

The buying company 'Warr PL Ltd' has the two original founders of the company as co-directors.

Hopefully the link will work, seems as though WPL

was incorporated on 8 September 2006, so obviously a bit of forward planning. :wink:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/11e7b3b0e6619fd03120b08000b1ef80/compdetails

I was under the impression that if a ltd. company fails then the directors cannot become directors of any subsequent firm which is born of the ashes of the old one!

I personaly don't know why they've bothered.... there are very few benefits in having your own business these days but plenty of reasons against.... companies going bust and not paying you, tax visits, VAT inspections, company car tax, personal tax on company cars which you are already paying tax on because you own the business and the business has to pay tax for supplying them!! The list goes on.... I'm off to get a job for someone else and let them have the headaches!

Originally posted by BazJ:

I was under the impression that if a ltd. company fails then the directors cannot become directors of any subsequent firm which is born of the ashes of the old one!

That is not the case, as each company is as "separate person/legal entity" in Law.

Directors can be banned by the Courts from holding a directorship if they are found guilty of wrongdoing in carrying out their role as a director in a company that goes into liquidation.

Rite Tilly sorry if you have had trouble with taxi drivers

I do not know what I am talking about do I !!!

I one they are working out side the law as it stands now FACT.

They can not be checked by taxi licences officers to make sure, one the car is safe and all documents are ok i.e. for the public safety FACT.

Drivers of the pink ladies cabs have been reported by passages of bad conduct FACT.

The taxi licences department can not check their criminal records so you do not know whom driving.

You could be not insured to ride in the cabs as they are not check on.

Here one for you. there are rules for all licenes taxi in warrington. that you can be taken off the road for the publics safety. But they can carry one no matter what, is that the best way to insure the public safety. come on their slogon is your safe with us. But we will not be with the law.

so ask yourself why they will not ?

If they are taking alot of people well there should be the money then to pay for these things so why are they not? and ask your self where else are they saving the money from? public safty! car repears! insurnace! taxi licence offcer can not check can they ? as they will need every penny now they will be on watch dog soon.

And your saying to the public its ok to put your children in cabs like this well just shows how much you know

These are not rumours as I am on the union I can go on and on

Yes people are using them but I lot and I mean a lot are not. Lots have a lot of bad thing to say about them just as much as they have about us but we work within the law.

But most of all, complaints like you say you have had. can not be followed up and acted on other than the company its self. That? why licensed cabs in Warrington or another town you can go to an out side body i.e. the taxi licence departments that will act fast no matter what, and if its bad they will and I mean will take them off the road

you go on to say "you've never been in one of these taxi's and your listening to rumours that are being spread because firms like the one you work for are very threatened by Pink Ladies because they dont offer a decent service, where women dont fell safe, cabs are dirty and smell and dont turn up if they cant find you straight away, if Pink Ladies cant find you they at least ring you up and ask you where exactly you are."

pink ladys have no inpact to us or any other frim in warrington. we take more ladys home every night its made no inpact what so ever but its safty is to the public and working with in the law that we mind as they useing the logo safe with us and you not FACT

:wink:

[ 06.01.2007, 16:35: Message edited by: tara dad ]

I had cause to ring for a taxi to come and take my friend and his family from my house back to Callands. The driver who turned up is known to us and is a twice convicted drink driver. I went outside and asked him to leave as we did not want him taking our friends home. I then called what I thought was a different taxi company who promptly sent the same guy!! So much for taxi competition! We ended up calling a cab from the new company on Town Hill (Nice guy called Colin and spotless proper 6 seater cab too not a battered old Toyota in sight!!!)

I would like to know though how the other guy manages to have a taxi licence with two drink driving convictions though :confused: ..... anyone care to tell me?

[ 06.01.2007, 21:39: Message edited by: BazJ ]

easy becouse they have not. easy as that. the Council check all the time and every time they re Licence they have to disclose there driving licence as its an offence not to do so. but if you think they have not ring the taxi licensing officer to check your just as much to blame for not reporting it. every frim as 6 7 5 8 seaters and bus well should have we have a lot but busy all the time your luckly to find a frim thats not busy

[ 08.01.2007, 16:18: Message edited by: tara dad ]

Tara Dad...

I know for a fact that this guy has been convicted for drink drive offences. If you are telling me that you cannot get a taxi licence with a conviction of this nature I will report him and I will do it tomorrow. And how can I be to blame for not reporting it? You might as well blame me for global warming while you're at it!

[ 08.01.2007, 19:50: Message edited by: BazJ ]

Tilly obviously thinks the Sun shines out of Pink Ladies, they are the best thing ever to happen for ladies travel.

But aside from the glaringly obvious safety issues, it is not only the Franchisees that have lost out due to Pink Ladies business ethics.

What about all the Lady Members in Carlisle and London. They all put their ?10 or ?20 or more credit onto their Pink membership cards in advance of taking taxi rides, then when the businesses went bust, the ladies all lost their money on the cards. I understand someone in carlisle lost ?500 in this way as they had purchased some Gold Membership scheme in advance.

Also Plymouth Pink Ladies which is still trading (I think), their members put their money onto the Pink Membership cards, the funds on these cards are held by the main branch ie originally Pink Ladies Ltd, until the members actually take a ride then the funds are transferred over to the Franchise branch at the end of the month to pay for the rides taken in that month. Trouble for Plymouth is that as Pink ladies Ltd has gone into Administration they are now just a normal creditor and will probably never be paid for the rides given.

so Pink Ladies Plymouth members are relying on the goodwill of that Franchise to give rides for the money they have put on the cards,as plymouth will probably never get the money.

Also another fact, Pink Ladies London before they went under were stopped by Police for having NO Insurance, they couldnt afford to pay the premiums.

So there is absolutely no doubt that PInk Ladies is a tarnished brand quite apart from the business ethics of its Directors.

But as Taras dad quite rightly says the main issue is Public Safety.

Quite why do Pink Ladies seek the help of the Transport Minister to make them a special case when it would be so easy for them to Licence the vehicles. They used to be licensed last year before they took their plates off.

And to all members, are you sure when you put your money on your cards you will get your taxi rides .

When you take a proper Taxi or Private Hire car you pay at the end of the ride and the vehicle is definitely insured.

You use Pink Ladies at your own risk.

TD - I speak as I find and I stand by my comments re you not being an authority on this subject as posts since then show!

Others - this is a discussion forum and just as your all allowed to give your view etc so am I.

PS - they're still operating,hmmmmmmm.... fancy that?! You all nothing else to worry about :confused:

[ 11.01.2007, 13:12: Message edited by: Tilly ]

Tilly there you go again. pink ladies NOT A taxi service. Because as then they would be braking the law. So they are not a taxi. Will you please remember that as clearly you do not know what you?re talking about?

Tilly up till l a couple month ago I was high on the committee for one voice which is the second taxi union inn Warrington and believe me I know what I am talking about.tilly no one wants to see them go. as its a good gimick. only they should work within the law and get licened for the public safty :D

Pink ladys have been given a time and date to be licensed by . After that council will say they are braking the law and then they will be prosecuting and so will the police. as they will be fully be breaking the law they are only working now on borrowed time thanks to us and the council for alowing it.

As the laws says an unlicensed taxi is operating illegally and without having gone through the checks on drivers and vehicles that licensing authorities enforce.

Taxis are licensed to pick up customers at ranks - by hailing on the street or by pre-booking - while PHVs are licensed only to collect passengers who have pre-booked with a licensed operator. Both the vehicles and their drivers must be licensed to ensure they meet certain legal requirements

For baz well done without people like your self in reporting matter like this, yes knowing that this matter could be true and not reporting it YES YOU ARE To BLAME EASY AS THAT ? we all would like to work for the safety of the public in this town. but unless every one reports things nothing will get done. so if you have well done for reporting the matter and thanks. please, please, keep me informed how you get on and how the council treated your self and matter

Notes for every one

Any complaints regarding fares, drivers, vehicles etc, should be made in writing to the Licensing Officer, Warrington Borough Council, Palmyra House, Palmyra Square North, Warrington, (tel 442517) quoting the number shown on the front, rear, dashboard and side windows of the vehicle.

tilly you say You all nothing else to worry about ? what when children, wifes, daughters and the general safty of public of this town are at Risk on any of the above matter or would you waite till something bad happens ?

[ 11.01.2007, 16:00: Message edited by: tara dad ]

Have to agree with some of Tara Dad's comments.

I do however think Pink L's idea was a great one. They have just ruined it by other franchises getting ripped off and members losing money in the process too !

Good idea blown by greed :roll: !

That aside I can't help to wonder why they are so intent to continue to operate in the way they do ie no licensing etc etc etc ... Why dont they just get licenced?.. why do they need meetings with the Transport Minister and even the Queen......?

Public safety should be first and foremost in all this.

Warrington Borough Council have a very good article on their web site.... WELL THAT'S A FIRST FOR ME (and them).. it relates to the hiring of stretch Limo's etc. How many parents would love to hire one of these for their kids 16th etc...

Well WBC points out that the vehicle

'must be Licensed by either the Department for Transport OR a Local Authority. If you are told there is a ?special? licence BEWARE ? there is no such thing.

Licensing of these vehicles, provides safeguards and protection for the passengers using them.

Only if the vehicle is Licensed by the Department for Transport or the Local Authority ? has it been properly examined to ensure that it is safe to carry members of the public.

Quite simply ? if the vehicle is not Licensed ? it is not insured for carrying passengers for reward.

There are even more concerns that you should have about the drivers of these vehicles. Only if the driver has been Criminal Records Bureau vetted by the Local Authority can you be sure that they are considered ?fit? to drive ? in terms of any criminal history/concerns....'

It ends with the question

'WHO?S DRIVING YOU/YOUR CHILDREN HOME TONIGHT?????'

Before anyone tells me that WBC have a vetted interest by way of licensing fees... yes I know... but for once I agree with them and it certainly makes you think !!

I have just had confirmation today from Bond Partners LLP (the Administrators) that the assets of Pink Ladies Ltd (in administration) has been bought out by Warrington Pink Ladies Ltd. The business was bought for ?11750 and the company Directors of Warrington Pink Ladies Ltd are Andrea Winders and Tina Dutton, exactly the same 2 ladies who were the Directors of the failed Company.

I earlier had informed the administrators that I wished to put in a bid for the business as a going concern, but they chose to ignore this and 2 days later sold the business back to Dutton and Winders for a pittance.

I have today put in a written complaint to the DTI Companies Investigation Branch.

I have further written to the Franchise Departments of all the major banks in the country outlining the situation in full. Hopefully this will make them think twice before lending any funds to potential future Franchisees and prevent anyone else suffering the same fate as the early franchisees.

Originally posted by Tilly:

[QB] TD - been very busy cutting and pasting there, a few sentences there actually make sense though whether we need to be told stuff we already know................... :P

Dismayed

You have hit the nail on the head why will they not get licensed. then the town would welcome them with open arms according to tilly

pinkperson

Let us know how you get on this matter keep us informed on here, as this is good news

[ 13.01.2007, 21:33: Message edited by: tara dad ]