Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

There was no problem with Pink Ladies on Friday night. Several people, besides me and my friend, in other parties had booked them and all the cabs turned up.

I had a good time, thanks, but I thought Nouvelle Cuisine had disappeared and apparently it has not. Food was nicely presented but just not enough of it. :x

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tilly said..

---------------------------------------------

Any way its all wrong according to a driver yesterday when I got a lift yesterday. Its the ones in St Helens etc that have gone into receivership but the head office in Warrington is fine and dandy, apparently alot of things being said is rummour and very inaccurate

----------------------------------------------

I can't remember if the story was just in the Guardian or if it was on the news page here? Either way, I thought that it was refering to the Warrington company? So who's right here? is the company in administration or not?

Bill :)

Just to reply to Tilly about the Driver who said it was the St Helens branch that has gone into Receivership.

This is just more mis-information put about by the Directors of Pink Ladies.

i assume you are all au fait with using the internet being as you use this forum.

Go to www.companieshouse.gov.uk

take the link that says WEBCHECK towards the top on the right hand side.

Then type in 'Pink Ladies' in the Company Name search engine.

You will see a full list of all companies with PINK LADIES in their title.

Here you can clearly see that it is Pink Ladies Ltd that is in Administration ( by the 'R' in the status column). You will notice company address is given as Alcester, this is the address of the Administrators.

Now look at Pink Ladies (St Helens) Ltd. No 'R' or anything against it, it is trading normally acording to the Companies House Website.

I am certain you have not yet heard the end of this story.

I wonder if the MP Helen Southworth knows yet that the Company she has been working hard to support has gone into Receivership and what happened to all the franchisees.

Originally posted by Bill:

I can't remember if the story was just in the Guardian or if it was on the news page here? Either way, I thought that it was refering to the Warrington company? So who's right here? is the company in administration or not?

Bill :) [/QB]

Bill to help your memory cells you read it on our news page about a week before you read it in the local paper! :wink::roll:

Is this the same Pink Ladies though? The one on companies house has them down as a 7470 company which it states its in the "Other Cleaning Activities". This could be another way to get round being classed as a taxi firm.... call yourself a cleaning company!!

The Administration date of the 6th November could be right though

Baz

[ 12.12.2006, 10:17: Message edited by: Bazunitec ]

My understanding is that is is Pink Ladies Ltd, of Warrington, that has gone into administration and Pink Ladies St Helens, who operate from the same address in Warrington, that are still operating. Presumably the drivers answer calls from both St Helens and Warrington.

as my dad as said to me manny times on this subject

pink ladies are not a TAXI or Private Hire. They are just a gimmick running around breaking the law as it stands now????..

1) Their cars are not inspected to the high standard of others taxi or private hire in this town.

2) They are not licensed with the council to have A criminal record check done on their drivers. Like all other drivers taxi and private hire who work in this town.

3) Enforcement officers can not check they are keeping their cars in a safe condition like the other taxi or private hire in this town.

4) Enforcement offices can not check if they are using public liability insurance.

5) They can not check on anything full stop so you do not know what is what

In other words you have a man or woman saying yes to all the above who is not the council taxi officer to say to public yes they have all the above. now would you let you doughtier in any one car because that?s what your doing

The last time I had a flat on the motorway it was a high-speed blowout on the front and the tyre was ripped to shreds. Fortunately it was late at night and the motorway was relatively clear. It was just like someone had hold of the wheel pulling me one way then the other but with a bit of luck, I managed to get it safely over onto the hard shoulder.

The reason I mention this is that a couple of weeks back a pink ladies car passed me doing a high rate of knots so I decided to follow it for a while to gauge it?s speed. It stayed in the outside lane for over 15 miles and must have been averaging something in excess of 90mph.

Doing 95mph in the outside lane of the motorway in a cheap French car has to be scary if not suicidal but this is what I see so often with young lady drivers. I was surprised that anyone might drive that way on a busy motorway in a vehicle that stands out so much. I?m guessing that this was someone in a rush possibly with a plane to catch but still it?s risky at those sorts of speeds and just asking for a ticket.

[ 12.12.2006, 17:54: Message edited by: Bill ]

Course not. Driving like that is crazy full stop.

The point I was trying to make was that for a firm who make such a big play on safety it just doesn?t seem right. Let's face it, those cars are designed more for pottering around town in rather than driving flat out on a busy motorway.

As regards the French connection, well ok not all French cars are rubbish but some are little more than tin biscuit boxes on wheels and would offer little protection in a high speed accident.

Tut tut, Bill.

And you followed it for 15 miles doing over 90?

Tara,

If it wasn't for the family business I doubt you would have commented.

Are you saying that you think it is a BAD idea to have vehicles for hire that are women driven ONLY and transport only women?

I would have thought that was a lot safer than getting into a vehicle where there is a male driver who could or could not be authentic.

I would even question whether the CRB checks are necessary, given that all journeys are recorded.

Nice to see you back. :wink:

Something is puzzling me a little.

Pink Ladies have all these lady drivers, some of whom will have been driving the cars for over a year now, so cannot be said to lack experience or confidence.

And how much does it cost to take the Taxi Test, ?50-?60 or thereabouts.

So for around ?2000 they could put all their drivers thru the taxi test. And yet they choose to enroll the assistance of the local MP to lobby the Transport Minister to make a special case only for Pink Ladies not to be licensed.

I keep asking myself , why is that??

Ouch!

Peter. Well at least I wasn?t driving a biscuit box or up the car in front?s backside.

Had a long talk with Tara?s dad about this issue today. Good idea/bad idea depends entirely how you look at it. If you?re a woman who uses taxis occasionally it?s a brilliant idea and I doubt you?d find any woman that would say otherwise. On the other hand, from a business perspective it?s a stupid idea a bit like having a newsagent that that takes a moral stance by only selling newspapers that don?t have a page3 girl. They?re not just missing out on 50% of the trade by refusing to carry men but by excluding couples and families with older kids their missing a huge lump of the potential market.

As for the tests, I think the issue is the car tests more so than the driver tests.

What has puzzled me all along is why the "BIG" private hire and taxi firms don't employ women drivers to pick up and collect women who request women drivers.

They could even paint a couple of cans pink if that makes a difference.

:confused:

Also I think the big mistake by Pink Ladies was barring women from taking their men friends out with them.

Gary

They do have lady drivers but there?s not that much demand for them. If there was, I think the taxi companies would be in like a shot.

This all reminds me of another failed attempt by another Warrington woman who had plans to revolutionise the taxi trade by franchising her idea across the country. You may even remember this one because they ended up being a well-known taxi joke.

The plan involved getting small Peugeot 105s licensed to carry just three people rather than the normal four. The logic was that they were cheaper to buy and run and they believed that as a result they could undercut the competition. Their ?research? showed that on most journeys, the car carried an average of just two people so on the strength of this a whole fleet of 20 brand new sign written cars were bought.

The company was called Macs Taxis and at the time was Abba?s biggest competitor. People just didn?t like them though because they were small and cramped and had no room for any shopping or luggage. The idea was a total flop and the company folded in just a matter of months.

The funniest thing was though, that the cars were ordered from some other town where the registration just happened to be ABA i.e. the name of their main competition. :)