Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

Just been catching up on other news....

Seven people have died in a car accident caused by a driver who apparently had a conviction for drink-driving.

The 35 year old driver, a 31 year old woman, a 20 year old man and a 15 year old girl in the car were all killed as he tried to overtake another car.

Three occupants of the other car which was hit head on were also killed. A grandfather, grandmother and mother

all lost their lives and two children who were sitting in the back of the car are still being treated and are seriously ill. Should they hopefully survive their injuries they have lost their mother, grandad and grandma. :(

While we are all moaning on about taxi plates and who's right and who's wrong there are idiots like this on the road who need nothing more than a drivers licence to be allowed to drive :(

Puts everything into persepctive eh ...

[ 09.03.2008, 23:34: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You all know that in the past I've defended Pink Ladies Taxis as I've beleived in them and their way of operating. As from early today, I am no longer a member of Pink Ladies.

Last night, I ordered a PL taxi from my man friends home in Padgate for 9pm ish, I was assured by Tina ( one of PLs owners) that there would be a taxi available for me from that address " between 2 mins to 9 and 2 mins past 9." At 8.55pm, understanding that the PL team needed to run on time, I went outside to wait on the car park. At 9.10, I rang Tina to ask where my taxi was, only to hear that my driver had to go to Gala Bingo to pick somebody up before me,take her to Latchford and then to pick me up.I pointed out to Tina that I was alone in the dark, on a car park. My man friend (Ron) was unwell and had offered to come down to the car park with me to wait, but I refused. She was aghast when I told her that I was alone, but she had told me that my taxi would be there at a certain time. She asked for my phone number so that she could ring me to tell me when the taxi was on the car park waiting for me, then told me to go to Rons flat and she would ring.

Yes, she rang alright! At 9.30 she rang to say the driver was on the way to me and was on the car park. When I questioned the driver, she said she was on a different job, that PL were using excuses to explain her lateness, that she hadn't been to the bingo club, and that she hadn't received the message to pick me up till late.

I rang PL this morning to complain only to get the message that if I didn't pay for the ride, the bosses would have to. I 've told them to take it out of my account, and then to look at my account and send whatever cash was left in it to me as I was finished with them. They are also wanting to charge an extra ?12 per year "membership fee" which I don't agree with.This ?12 becomes ?10 if paid up front, or an extra ?1 per month if not.

Bren.

[ 19.03.2008, 08:51: Message edited by: Bren. ]

Flippin' heck that's one huge increase in membership rates.

It was, until very recently, only ?1 to register as a member (as membership was needed to overcome the usual taxi rules and regulations) and now it's suddently risen to ?12 :wink:

[ 22.03.2008, 22:52: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

Hiya Bren

I was dismayed and shocked to read your post, so I went into work and asked what had happened. Contrary to popular belief, the directors don't participate on this forum, and they were amazed that I knew about this incident. They told me about the events of the evening, em!!! bunch of sour grapes here Bren I think. Yes, the office said you could have a car (the term 'Taxi' is yours Brenda) and at the time, all the jobs were running according to plan. Unfortunately, a lady was held up at the airport waiting for her bags, this is the reason your car was going to be late. When you contacted the office, it was explained that the lady before you needed assistance (with said bags), and you were asked to "Please stay inside and we would ring you on your given mobile number when your car was outside", which is as promised what happened, your car collected you at 9:22, this is the exact time because all journeys/cars are tracked and recorded, you were sent a message asking if we could pick up another member along the way, this happens sometimes so members aren't let down, you said "Yes ok", and you were dropped at your destination at 9:40. None of the taxi/ph firms can foresee delays such as airport/traffic/passengers adding via's/or changing booked destinations and are all causes for being late, and late or not if they take you from A to B you would still be charged, you would not get a discount, refund or free journey. Nor would you get a phone call to let you know your car was outside. Apart from this one booking, Pink Ladies have given you a good, reliable service. Look after yourself Brenda, we're sorry you felt it neccessary to withdraw your membership.

[ 26.03.2008, 21:08: Message edited by: Pink'n'Proud ]

Must admit that I was wondering what was going on too as I've not seen many pink cars on the road over the past few weeks. I used to see them everywhere as they do tend to stand out but they seem to have disappeared :o .

[ 27.03.2008, 19:53: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

Oddly I had the same thought but assumed it was just me. Is there something we don?t know about???

Never let it be said that I?m not sympathetic to the ideals of what this company is trying to do. In support of what they are saying over Bren?s incident, it should be noted that virtually every taxi company, no matter how well they are run, can occasionally run late due to unexpected circumstances. However, if a regular customer has cause to complain, its quite normal for the company not to charge for the journey.

Question for Pink and Proud; Do you ever post on any other subject? :)

(Sitting in a taxi office in Milton Keynes and bored out of my head!)

[ 27.03.2008, 20:22: Message edited by: Bill ]

After not seeing any for a while I've seen a few of them on the roads again this week which is good.

They are obviously still trading (although not as many as usual) and still without the plates from the ones I've seen.

I'm sure they will have it sorted soon as the increase in membership costs should be able to cover their licencing fees now :wink:

Originally posted by Chopper:

I don't know how people haven't seen them around in ages.. They're pretty hard to miss!

Is that why there are some with rather nasty dents in them :wink:

Seriously though, I'm glad that they are still trading but I've still not seen one with any WBC licence plates on it so what's the score now then and are we soon to see all the other taxi firms follow suit :confused:

• 2 weeks later...