Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

Can someone please tell why the hell the concept of women only taxis is a good one?

One reason? I can't think of any.

If I set up a men only club, I would have women queing round the block demanding equality and the right to enter my club, but these women only gyms, taxis, insurance companies, holiday companies can do it... why? is every taxi driver in Warrington a potential rapist or something? or do they feel threatened when they go to a gym or drive a car that isn't insured by Sheilas Wheelz?

If the women of this town want true equality when it comes to taxis, they should have to travel in the rusty, smelly, 15 year old Astras and sierras like the rest of us!

[ 26.01.2008, 13:25: Message edited by: BazJ ]

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men are deemed to, and statistically do, pose a greater threat to women than V.V. With regards to being a potential rapist alas that does apply to virtually all men, of course thankfully only a minute percentage actually turn potential into reality. :wink:

[ 26.01.2008, 17:17: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Originally posted by BazJ:

If the women of this town want true equality when it comes to taxis, they should have to travel in the rusty, smelly, 15 year old Astras and sierras like the rest of us!

And maybe there lies the problem with Warrington's taxis, and why WBC rightly wants to raise standards.

Can someone please tell why the hell the concept of women only taxis is a good one?

One reason? I can't think of any.

BazJ re the 'concept' only :wink:

1. Elderly ladies who may feel very uneasy travelling alone with an unknown male driver

2. Elderly ladies who live alone.. and feel very uneasy ringing a taxi firm and having an unknown male picking them up, knowing where they live, and that they may live alone

3. Parents of young girls who may feel very uneasy about their child travelling with unknown male drivers

4. Parents can pre-book and pay in advance and know that only a lady driver will pick their daughters from town...

Just my thoughts but I never use taxis anyway... horrid things :P

course it is....

Lets see how far I get if I start a men only cab company and a men only gym.

Gym is a mans name after all (well spelt differently; but it sounds the same!!) or maybe it is short for Gymes... who knows?

Unfortunately Paul meaningful debate has been somewhat squashed in recent years because it appears that if you have an opinion anymore then you are either sexist, racist or homophobic.... so much for freedom of speech!!

Gym is a mans name after all (well spelt differently; but it sounds the same!!) or maybe it is short for Gymes... who knows?

Baz, its actually from the Greek word "Gymnos" which means naked. Now there's some ammo for sexism

[ 27.01.2008, 09:18: Message edited by: Jacko ]

Unfortunately Paul meaningful debate has been somewhat squashed in recent years because it appears that if you have an opinion anymore then you are either sexist, racist or homophobic.... so much for freedom of speech!!

Tell me about it Baz. It really has become a sad state of affairs.....makes me wonder why I post in my own name. :wink:

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Tell me about it Baz. It really has become a sad state of affairs.....makes me wonder why I post in my own name. :)

Originally posted by Jacko:

fell asleep courtesy of Mr Magners!

Will the PinkLadies cease to trade tomorrow or will they get all the relevent licences etc.?Does anybody know?
See how many we spot on the roads tomorrow.. :D

If they are still out and about then that will be interesting as they've either got their licences or are driving illegally :o

Wonder why Pink'n'Proud hasn't commented on here since 2 Dec 07.... surely they are keeping tabs on what's said about them and would have thought she would have told us all if they are now legal.... or perhaps they have found another loophole :confused:

I've just heard that the cars are still out there this morning carrying passengers. No mention wether or not the cars had private hire plates on them or not so either they've come into line at last or are trying to find more loopholes.

Bill :)

Hello Folks, here I am, still Pink, still Proud and still absolutely legal and within the law, and contrary to popular belief, I'm neither Tina nor Andrea, and therefore I'm not at liberty to discuss the politics of it. Females of any age can feel intimdated by getting into a car with an unknown man, and please, I'm NOT tarring you all with the same brush, just telling the truth, we're here to alleviate that anxiety, and we're here to stay.

Originally posted by Pink'n'Proud:

Hello Folks, here I am, still Pink, still Proud and still absolutely legal and within the law, and contrary to popular belief, I'm neither Tina nor Andrea, and therefore I'm not at liberty to discuss the politics of it. Females of any age can feel intimdated by getting into a car with an unknown man, and please, I'm NOT tarring you all with the same brush, just telling the truth, we're here to alleviate that anxiety, and we're here to stay.

Did you get the required licencing then or do you not need it?

Pink and Proud

I?ve never disputed the thinking behind what you are doing only the fact that you seem to be flaunting the rules by which others have to operate.

As I see it there are only two classes of "taxi" services i.e. Hackney and private hire and both come under the regulation of the council. Irrespective the colour of you vehicles or who drives them, you are clearly operating a "taxi" service and as such I believe that you should comply with the same rules that others have to abide by.

Bill :)

Originally posted by Pink'n'Proud:

Hi Pink'n'Proud (although Pink'n'Legal may be a better name if it's true :D )

Glad to see you back an to hear that you are still in business but you STILL haven't said wether you have your required licences or not.

You say you are still operating 'absolutely legally within the law'... a simple YES WE NOW HAVE OUR LICENCES would have closed this topic forever.

So, as I see it from your comments, Pink Ladies STILL HAVEN'T got the relevant licences they need but have found yet another loophole :D:D

[ 28.01.2008, 20:23: Message edited by: Dismayed ]