Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

Sorry pink person do not know about that side all that I know is they are breaking the law taking the public around as for the business side I think Paul Kennedy is the one to ask with his finger on that pulse me i have the one about that they could be In dangering public by acting as a taxi. that the one i know fully. and no they have not stoped once in all the time they have been going even from the name change so what as that tolled you

[ 20.03.2007, 13:56: Message edited by: tara dad ]

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only way to stop this is gary get an Interview you will have the scoop on this or are they keeping well away from the Warrington press this we would also like to know. Are they selective in what interviews they do and question they are asked?

i was all so Shocked to see below this subject back in 2006

I am told this is now subject to legal proceedings so will have to lock the topic as it could be sub judice.

[ 22.06.2006, 10:34: Message edited by: Gary ] from warrington world wide

when this came to light and this subject as not been covered yet by the press only that the sun shine where is will not from the pink ladys and not that so why was the press not asking qusetions like the below ? WHY WHY WHY ?

and today they are still not so WHY ?

1 male driver are all rapists, but with pink lady you could be driven around in a death trap that isnt tested every six months?

2 that pink Ladies carry out Social Services contracts carrying vunerable people and youngsters,

4 are the Council Executive Members for Environment or 'Safer Communities' ensureing the safety of vulnerable clients and the public as first priority - regarding pink ladys?

5 why is 21 not used by the council

s 21 Offences.

(1) If any person--

(a) operates, or permits the operation of, a taxi within an area in

respect of which its operation requires to be but is not licensed or the

driver requires to be but is not licensed, or

(B) picks up passengers in, or permits passengers to be picked up by, a

private hire car within an area in respect of which its operation requires

to be but is not licensed or the driver requires to be but is not licensed,

that person shall be guilty of an offence and liable, on summary

conviction, to a fine not exceeding [level 4 on the standard scale] [FN1].

6 the only why is it still saying club when the laws says

s 22 Saving for certain vehicles etc.

Nothing in sections 10 to 21 (with the exception of subsection (7) of section 21

of this Act shall--

(a) apply to a vehicle used for bringing passengers or goods within and

taking them out of an area in respect of which the vehicle is not licensed

as a taxi or a private hire car in pursuance of a contract for the hire of

the vehicle made outside the area if the vehicle is not made available for hire within the area;

(B) apply to a vehicle while it is being used in connection with a funeral or wedding;

© apply to any vehicle while it is being used for carrying passengers

under a contract for its exclusive hire for a period of not less than 24 hours.

this was what should have been asked back then why as it took this long and still the local press as not acting on this. are they looking at the long turm where its could be Profitable to not say anything bad ? so why as it not happened ?

and before you all grt on. am not only getting at WW or gary or the staff. we have the WG as well at lest gary as given us a speacking platfrom. I also see the WG doing the same now they have as seen the light... too late for them to have what we have on here. but they will not get people like us on there who will have there say like it or not.

i would like to hear from the side of the press on what they think come on gary had any luck :P

[ 20.03.2007, 15:13: Message edited by: tara dad ]

TD Steve - we have run full articles on our website numerous times and interviewed the owners of the company.

It has all been covered and we, like the council, are awaiting for forthcoming changes in the law which will close the alleged loophole and resolve the matter once and for all.

[ 21.03.2007, 08:42: Message edited by: Gary ]

With out labouring the point :roll: there is a loophole and the council are awaiting changes which will close that loophole.

Patience is a virtue.

Judging by the number of times I see a pink vehicle going about town there is obviously a demand for them so hopefully something can be sorted whereby everyone is happy.

Originally posted by Gary:

we, like the council, are awaiting for forthcoming changes in the law which will close the alleged loophole and resolve the matter once and for all.

So does that mean that they are operating legally or illegally at the moment then? Because surely if they are operating illegally, the council and Police would do something because it is illegal. If there are loopholes and they are trading legally at the moment, maybe there is a case to watch what accusations are thrown around?

If anyone remembers that classic comedy programme from the 80's called "Soap", this thread is summed up by a line from the opening tiles of "soap" which went.......

"confused?...You will be"!!

[ 21.03.2007, 20:31: Message edited by: BazJ ]

Originally posted by tara dad:

Sorry not been on for a wile SO....... hiccy yes you are partly rite and wrong at the same time wow that a first. Yes the council licensing officer can take you off the road at any time full stop. and the Enforcement officer ( who clearly do not know about )no one said they check the cab is road worthy he only as to think its not to take you off easy as that so your wrong.

And you are rite the police and transport officer and tax and DHSS can also take you off the road when they do a joint check see joint check?? JOINT so all the above bodies are prescient like you are not saying. They can take you off the road. So again like most of your posts you are wrong the Enforcement officer can ask you to report to the test station if he thinks the taxi or private hire cab is unsafe or need checking. YES.......but try saying NO and carry on working then see what happens. and you got me at it they are

Drivers have to take the shortest PRACTICAL route not shortest possible route.

wrong again its Drivers have to take the shortest PRACTICAL route not the Fastest possible route.

but most of all its up to the costumers on what route not you or the driver. tut, tut, wrong again are you at hack driver by any chance

And about the Disability style cabs they are the only going to be one type cab in Warrington that will have more than tree years on licences all the rest will have to have new cabs no matter every 3 years the there will only be one type they said that you will have for over 3 years is its only going to be the TX 1.2.3 do you know that !!! nope so where your getting your information from first ask the council there plans not what other towns are doing as Warrington as its own plans

Sorry to spoil your obvious joy trying to say i'm wrong, but i'm afraid it's your facts that are mostly wrong, i bet you've spoken to the licensing Office! :roll:

FACT

Shortest "PRACTICAL" route is the drivers decision, the customer can complain to the LO if he's unhappy.

FACT

The enforcement officer aka "Transport Officers" have no powers to suspend a vehicle's license, they must report to the LO who in turn reports to the head of transport who makes the decision, then the driver can appeal and is back on the road until it's been before a magistrate. Neither can they inspect your vehicle, they can send you to the testing station for inspection but only a maximum of 3 times a year.

FACT

The TX 1,2,3 etc wont be an exclusive vehicle, some people simply cant get into them, there will be a variety in use.

Ive tried posting a link to the LGMPA nut it wont let me, pity because it'll put some FACTS forward, not Fiction from the LO.

FACT

Shortest "PRACTICAL" route is the drivers decision, the customer can complain to the LO if he's unhappy.

wrong again who pays the fair ?????

FACT

The enforcement officer aka "Transport Officers" have no powers to suspend a vehicle's license, they must report to the LO who in turn reports to the head of transport who makes the decision, then the driver can appeal and is back on the road until it's been before a magistrate. Neither can they inspect your vehicle, they can send you to the testing station for inspection but only a maximum of 3 times a year.

o dear ??????? again

When the taxi is withdrawn from service by the Taxi Inspector or a Constable in accordance with Section 11 of the Civic Government Act, 1982, he shall affix a label bearing (a) the words ?this hire car is meantime certified unfit for public use? and (B) the date of withdrawal in a position within the passenger compartment of the taxi so that it is readily visible to intending passengers. Such a label shall have the effect of suspending this licence and only the Taxi Inspector is authorised to remove such label.

The holder of this licence shall not obstruct a duly authorised officer of the licensing authority or a Constable in the performance of any of his duties under these conditions.

The holder of this licence shall comply with all instructions or directions of a duly authorised officer of the licensing authority or a Constable in relation to these conditions and shall give him all information he may reasonably require in the discharge of his duties.

The TX 1,2,3 etc wont be an exclusive vehicle, some people simply cant get into them, there will be a variety in use.

tut, tut, tut,

may be so but they will be running them for more than the four years warrington is going to give the rest ex the T2

dont worry your getting there plus this topic is about pink ladys if you need to carry this on start a new topic as we could have a record on here for the topic with the most post about the one subject and we do not want to mess that up do we as tilly will not be happy with me if we go off the subject .lol :o

[ 23.03.2007, 10:22: Message edited by: tara dad ]

gary you say with the pink ladys Judging by the number of times I see a pink vehicle going about town there is obviously a demand for them so hopefully something can be sorted whereby everyone is happy.

yes when they are running Legally and can be checked making sure they are safe for the public by all mean they are welcome.

but again lets waite till something happens and there will be Different story then forget the public we not here to help and inform them are we

[ 23.03.2007, 10:22: Message edited by: tara dad ]

If they were illegal they wouldn't be on the road....the police and every taxi driver in the town would see to that

There is currently a loophole in the law which still hasn't been closed apparently which allows them to operate as they are doing.

TD, be careful what you say, you know how these things work out!!

Originally posted by tara dad:

FACT

wrong again who pays the fair ?????

FACT

o dear ??????? again

When the taxi is withdrawn from service by the Taxi Inspector or a Constable in accordance with Section 11 of the Civic Government Act, 1982, he shall affix a label bearing (a) the words ?this hire car is meantime certified unfit for public use? and (B) the date of withdrawal in a position within the passenger compartment of the taxi so that it is readily visible to intending passengers. Such a label shall have the effect of suspending this licence and only the Taxi Inspector is authorised to remove such label.

The holder of this licence shall not obstruct a duly authorised officer of the licensing authority or a Constable in the performance of any of his duties under these conditions.

The holder of this licence shall comply with all instructions or directions of a duly authorised officer of the licensing authority or a Constable in relation to these conditions and shall give him all information he may reasonably require in the discharge of his duties.

tut, tut, tut,

may be so but they will be running them for more than the four years warrington is going to give the rest ex the T2

dont worry your getting there plus this topic is about pink ladys if you need to carry this on start a new topic as we could have a record on here for the topic with the most post about the one subject and we do not want to mess that up do we as tilly will not be happy with me if we go off the subject .lol :o

You dont have a clue do you? It seems your getting your info from the licensing office, well it's a fact that Warrington Licensing office try to make up the rules as they go along, which are usually bent in their direction as has been proved in court more than once.

Re the authorised officer, yes it's correct, but an authorised officer isnt QUALIFIED to make that decision, but a TAXI INSPECTOR IS, but we're not talking about a TAXI INSPECTOR are we?we're talking about a TRANSPORT OFFICER, thats why i said they can only send you to the council test bay TO BE SEEN BY THE TAXI INSPECTOR!!!!!

Regarding the "who pays the fare" your way off the mark. The driver makes the decision as ive said THREE TIMES NOW. as long as he takes the SHORTEST PRACTICAL ROUTE.

Regarding the "3 years excepting the TX range" i dont intend to repeat myself anymore.

As you've said it's off topic so lets leave it here eh.

Belive me, i do know what i'm talking about.

[ 23.03.2007, 19:37: Message edited by: hiccy ]

• 4 weeks later...

nope from the law books Government law statute.

must be a hack driver then no wounder we are so busy if you?re picking the route for the customers I rest my case now. as i can not do anything other than show facts followed by what the law book i have seen no facts from you only your views? I have shown facts by what the laws say in statements from the statute books on the matter. authorised officer can send you to who ever but you still can be taken off the road which is what I said at frist so I was right no matter how you put it any way and why are we back its the shortes route unless the customers say other even you are saying now I rest my case so I will get back to pink ladys as tilly will be falling a sleep :o

[ 16.04.2007, 14:15: Message edited by: tara dad ]

• 2 weeks later...

hay they are still not Legal yet i thought i would just say in case any one as forgotten :D hay gary this must be a record post now? way back from the frist post back in 05 when the frist post was posted on this subject.

[ 30.04.2007, 10:00: Message edited by: tara dad ]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well this thread seems to have quietened down recently so how about a bit of hot off the press news to stimulate interest again.

I;ve just received the Administrators 6 month report on the case of Pink Ladies Ltd in Administration.

As we all know the Directors of Pink Ladies Ltd bought back the assets of their old Company for ?11750 before other interested parties had the opportunity to bid and improve the offer.

What the report now reveals is that a deal was struck whereby these Directors (Dutton and Winders) would pay this sum of ?11750 in 8 equal instalments of ?1468.

And guess what. They have up to know... 6 months later , paid only ?2389, and the Administrators have appointed solicitors to take proceedings in order to recover the debt in full.

Wonder if Warrington Pink Ladies will now put themselves into Administration?? Would seem a good proven strategy.

Anyway, the Administrators fees totalled ?28,500 and so far they have only been able to pay themselves ?1500.

So not only did Pink Ladies stuff all their Franchisees, they also managed to stuff the Administrators. Cant say I feel sorry for the Administrators though after the way they sold the Company back to Winders and Dutton when ex-Franchisees were wanting to be considered in the bidding process.

But it just goes to demonstrate further the business ethics of these 2 ladies.

On a slightly different tack, a debate recently asked why Pink Ladies were allowed to use the bus lanes to which the reply was that all the cars are now plated for private hire. But if that?s the case, why do I keep seeing one on a regular basis on Manchester Road and there are definitely no plates on it?

Another question that someone here may be able to answer is what?s Pink Associates all about? Same vehicle but in dark green with pink signs? Is this the latest venture?

Bill :)

Originally posted by Bill:

On a slightly different tack, a debate recently asked why Pink Ladies were allowed to use the bus lanes to which the reply was that all the cars are now plated for private hire. But if that?s the case, why do I keep seeing one on a regular basis on Manchester Road and there are definitely no plates on it?

Another question that someone here may be able to answer is what?s Pink Associates all about? Same vehicle but in dark green with pink signs? Is this the latest venture?

Bill :)

Not usre exactly what you mean by plated bill sorry...

But if it helpe Pink Ladies WERE told to REMOVE all their signs on the vehicles which associated them with WBC and also I think their licence plates.

I've seen one dark green one too although it was a couple of months ago and I think it was available for 'man' hire too (if you see what I mean) but cant remember the exact wording on it.

Interestingly did you know that the PINK versions are not actually painted that colour. I saw one the other say and it seemed to be covered in pink plastic (but like the sticky back plastic we all used to cover outr school books in) but it was starting to peel off round the edges.. they are actually Silver :wink: Cheaper than buying new ones or repainting them all no doubt :wink: