Wikipedia?

observer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Diz, who chooses what you watch or read?! :wink:

Ahh....... mmmm... oh bugger... you got me there :P:lol:

Difference is though Obs if I suddenly decided something interests me or I have a need to know about something I don't have to go to the library or hope there is a TV prog on about it..... there's a huge great big world of information available right here infront of me :D Algy wouldn't have found his pub yesterday without the internet :wink:

PS Baz..... is that what husbands do :shock: best not get one then :lol:

Spot on Dizz, it's highly unlikely that I could have researched our family history without the internet, as they are spread all over the country, the cost in time and money would have been prohibitive. Obs why don't you have a go, it would occupy your time in a more productive manner than constantly creating havoc on here, there again you may already have done so. :wink:

IF I need to know something, I'll source the info from wherever and whoever (incl the net); but as you get older Diz, and have accumulated knowledge, the less you need to look up! :wink:

How can that be true, when we now discover that a lot of things are not true or are inaccurate in their reporting.

obs,how do you sort fact from fiction unless you see it with your own eyes?

You don't. At the end of the day, the only truth is one's perception of events. Bit like the reports of an accident by witnesses, who've viewed events from different angles. :? All you can do is maximise your range of information and decifer on the basis of common sense and personal experience. :shock:

IF I need to know something, I'll source the info from wherever and whoever (incl the net); but as you get older Diz, and have accumulated knowledge, the less you need to look up! :wink:

Hmmm my economics lecturer had a saying 'The more you know the more you realise how much you still have to learn'.. I certainly found this in my computing job it never stops changing & evolving and even the internet let alone Wikipedia can't keep up

:oops:

and according to Wikipedia

There is a strong relationship between the properties of wood and the properties of the particular tree that yielded it. For every tree species there is a range of density for the wood it yields. There is a rough correlation between density of a wood and its strength (mechanical properties
:D

Believe the Neanderthals could only think in literal terms too! :wink:

You haven't misspelt this and mean lateral as in thinking do you Obs ... your favourite Wiki media describes it as

Lateral thinking is a term coined by Edward de Bono in the book New Think: The Use of Lateral Thinking published in 1967; it refers to solving problems through an indirect and creative approach. Lateral thinking is about reasoning that is not immediately obvious and about ideas that may not be obtainable by using only traditional step-by-step logic
:wink: