Local cutbacks and a better solution.....

Bazj

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diz, the whole idea is to save money not transfer the savings over into a cut in council tax.

As for the fortnightly bin collections they are recommending in Halton and St Helens, so Warrington won't be far behind, even though percentage wise Halton and St Helens cuts are worse than Warrington's

I wasn't really expecting a cut in council tax as there's no way that would ever ever ever happen eh.

So these fortnightly bin collections then.... I presume we will be allowed to leave bags of excess out each fortnight for collection then as despite using the blue bin our black one is almost always full at the end of 1 week as are most of the neighbours bins too (familes etc).

As long as they allow us to do that we could bag all our surplus up and store in another recepticle until the allotted collection time.... there could be a rush to buy properties near elderly people though as we could fill their hlaf empty bins with our extra bags when they put theirs out :wink:

Ah well I wont lose any sleep over it and will just worry or moan about it if/when the problems start 8)

Wolfie is only speculating Dizzy.... it may happen; it may not. He doesn't know for certain.

He may as well say that the council might turn off all the street lights after 10pm or the council may put its staff on a 3 day week to save electric....

Like I said Baz I'm not goingt to worry about it for now.... but IF they were going to turn the street lights off after 10pm I WOULD rant and rave :evil::lol:

As for the council going down to a 3 day week... what a good idea.

They should segregate the real workers from the other councillors, management and officers etc.

The buildings/offices with the real workers are get to have electricity 5 days a week (work hours) and the others only get 2 hours a day. That should easily suffice and save some money.

Infact if all the others shared a room or worked from home via their ipads it would cut the costs down even further :wink:

Virtual Head Teacher for Vulnerable Children ?52927 - ?57078

CHI/029/10 11/02/2011

Conference & Review Manager ?40741 - ? 43408

CHI/030/10 11/02/2011

Principal Manager - Duty & Assessment ?40741 - ? 43408

CHI/031/10 11/02/2011

Practice Managers ?32800- ? 36313

CHI/032/10 11/02/2011

Social Workers ? 24646 - ? 31754

not much sign of any cutback at wbc?

Madness :roll:

....and I agree with Ricky's comments too... 'virtually' made up jobs and very highly paid at that....and probably ones which will be given to an 'inhouse' person but which have to be advertised externally to tick a box of some sort :roll:

Maybe we should all apply :roll:

Not sure folks but I will make enquiries - however as a School Governor I am on the look out for a real Primary School Head - if you know of any good hard working one's or deputy's with ambition and bags of energy (no riff raff please) just pm me or tell them to keep their eye on the sits vacant in the Times ed - coming soon. :wink: I just hope that this doesn't breach Gary's code of adverts practice on WWW.

At last we've found out why the country is in such a mess!! It's all down to Dizzy job hopping :shock::shock::shock:

Only joking Dizzy :wink:

I think :?

:lol::lol::P In all fairness to me though Asp... we are talking 12 years ago so things weren't as bad on the job front as they are today. Mine was voluntary redundancy and having been there for 17 years I was one of the lucky ones who applied and was accepted for it and got a nice pay off too :D Then they couldn't find anyone who could do what I used to do there so they talked me into going back as a contractor. Only stayed for 6 months though as the staff didn't like contractors which is not suprising really eh :wink::lol: