Local cutbacks and a better solution.....

Bazj

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolfie,

Bewsey Old Hall and Walton Gardens have already been sold "in principle"; they are just waiting for the right people to come along and hand over the cash.

If the council don't have any money to keep a couple of libraries and a nursery open, they certainly haven't got millions to keep a few old buildings in a good state of repair.

Time to accept that there is no money and to sell what they can at the best price to reduce the hurt to the people rather than as PJ says; driving round with a very expensive vanity plate

Wolfie,

Bewsey Old Hall and Walton Gardens have already been sold "in principle"; they are just waiting for the right people to come along and hand over the cash.

If the council don't have any money to keep a couple of libraries and a nursery open, they certainly haven't got millions to keep a few old buildings in a good state of repair.

Totally agree Baz, my point is that the public in general can no longer come up with reasons to keep those old buildings when the council are selling everything including a car registration plate. By not selling the plate, the public can still point the finger, if you know what I mean. :?

I'd like to point out that the Council GAVE AWAY Bewsey Old Hall including a stretch of parkland free to developers Urban Splash. They tried to give Walton Hall and a chunk of Gardens away too but Contessa pulled out.

I wonder if the Council would like to give ED1 to me....... it would look a lot better on my car than that tatty old Jag!!

I'd like to point out that the Council GAVE AWAY Bewsey Old Hall including a stretch of parkland free to developers Urban Splash. They tried to give Walton Hall and a chunk of Gardens away too but Contessa pulled out.

I wonder if the Council would like to give ED1 to me....... it would look a lot better on my car than that tatty old Jag!!

Perhaps they could gift it to the Government, ready for the next Prime minister :lol::lol::lol:

You've got to start somewhere Obs and every penny and pound soon mounts up as long as you don't dip into it and waste it on things like ipads or un-needed consultency reports and 'studies' :wink:

How much is it going to cost to implement this unenforced 20 mph speed zone in Warrington for example :wink:

Yet another WASTE of money which could be saved and used for something more beneficial :roll:

How much is it going to cost to alter all the road layout / islands / traffic lights etc near Warrington Collegiate ? Yet another waste of money that could be saved and used for something more beneficial.

I hope you are joking Wolfie..... :shock:

If they cut to fortnightly collections I for one will be dumping my rubbish on the Town Hall lawn on the weeks in between collections.

In the summer the smell can be all theirs... it may even clear their heads :wink:

I hope you are jokinh Wolfie..... :shock:

If they cut to fortnightly collections I for one will be dumping my rubbish on the Town Hall lawn on the weeks in between collections.

In the summer the smell can be all theirs... it may even clear their heads :wink:

That'll teach you to brag on here about taking your stuff to the tip when the snow and ice was about. :lol::wink::P

I just corrected that..... :oops::lol:

For some reason I seem to be doing or getting an awful lot of typos at the moment. It started off with just letters being substitited for the one next to them on the keyboard after I spilt my drink after someone on here made me laugh.... but now they are getting really weird and more random. :shock: I've trebble checked this post before I press submit.

If it's wrong then I know Peter or Gary must be editing me to meke me look like an idiot :shock: