Skittles

Agamemnon1

Originally posted by dangleberry:

I think its a grand idea !

Bring a little colour to the town center :D

Its not our money , Its the councils money .

And WHERE exactly do you think the council get their money from :roll:

Can't believe that you are excited about the skittles being painted and dye being added to water..... :roll:

But the police authority is made up of elected officers from various parts of Cheshire, local councillors, county councillors etc plus a few magistrates. They know nothing of policing on the ground level only what they are told by senior officers, they have to balance this against what the war lords at Westminster demand.

The PA do go to local forums and listen to the same windbags month after month. I don?t think anyone has said how much they claim in expenses for doing this grand job for us.

At one time the town was run by a watch committee who were all elected by the people and did a fine job.

Correct LF; operational policing is controlled by the Home Office (inspectorate) via Chief Constables; who tell (advise) these Councillors on their needs, then the Councillors, who havn't a clue about the job of policing, have to find the cash; plus a little for themselves(?16plus k pa, plus an extra ?16k pa for the Chairman!). :roll: In effect, the whole process is probably as undemocratic as some totalitarian State. :o As I've suggested before: we need a multi-tier Police Service; based on National, Regional and Local political boundaries; with (as you say), a `return to LOCAL Watch Committees, and possibly a locally elected Police Chief? :confused:

We can but hope that they will all loose their seats. But who will we replace them with another bunch if idiots?

I will just happen to be out of the county and unable to vote for idiot 'one' or 'two'

I read in the paper that the new Lymm police station is going to be policed by an unpaid community volunteer. How many layers of police do you want, real police ( paid),

Specials(unpaid but get expenses),

PCSO's ( Paid), and now volunteers (unpaid).

So roll up anyone want to be on the police authority (brain preferred but not essential)must be able to claim expences.

I must admit, I did think this was genuine, but lack of intrest in the skittles prevented me from expressing an opinion.

if they painted them pink for gay pride day and put fallic hats on them I couldnt give a rats elbow.

well done BTW your the only one who got me.

[ 03.04.2008, 10:20: Message edited by: Legion ]

Originally posted by little fella:

I will just happen to be out of the county and unable to vote

You could always get a postal vote, deadline for May 1st elections is 16 April

T 01925 442184 F 01925 442044 Email: elections@warrington.gov.uk

Electoral Registration Officer, Democratic Services and Member Support, Warrington Borough Council, West Annexe, Town Hall, Warrington, WA1 1UH

PS If you live in Warrington South, in either of the Latchfords or Great Sankey North, then no elections this year.

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

PS If you live in Warrington South, in either of the Latchfords or Great Sankey North, then no elections this year.

That's not right... I live in Warrington South and we are definately having elections over here this year.

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

You misread it, maybe if I removed the , after South it would be clear. :wink:

Just to clarify, no elections for the borough council in Latchford West, Latchford East and Great Sankey North wards but there will be Parish Council elections in Sankey so voters in Great Sankey North will be able to elect 5 parish councillors to Great Sankey Parish Council.