What's this and what should I do with it?

Dizzy

Does this look like bone to you? It looks and feels like a fragment bone but is an odd colour.

It was in my 'Co-op Trully Irresistable Denhay mature Cheddar Cheese and Plum Chutney Sandwich' and luckily I didn't swallow it (although some may disagree with that) :lol:

Anyway I tried to phone the coop in Stockton Heath where I had bought it from to advise them.... but they don't seem to want to answer the phone :roll:

So then I phoned the 0800 number on the packet... my deatils were taken and she asked 'is it definately bone'.... how am I supposed to know. :shock:

Thing that concerns me is if I (or anyone else) had swallowed it it could have been very nasty as its quite large and sharp and if there is a problem with production and other sandwiches are 'contaminated' too they need to sort it out PDQ.

Anyway they are sending me a juffy bag so I can post it to them..... Is that the right thing for me to do as someone else said I shouldn't send it to them as they will probably just bin it and I should tell some other 'food' standards bods !?!?

sandwich7.jpg

sandwich6.jpg

sandwich3.jpg

sandwich9.jpg

I'd rather not have a replacement as it chipped a bit of my tooth so no way am I eating another one (nothing bad though so no compensation needed) ..... maybe I'll just throw it away to be safe :wink::lol:

Evils... good thinking maybe it's that... but would a fragment of plumb stone be as hard and sharp and if I tapped it on my teeth would it sound like hard 'bone' :oops:

I'd rather not have a replacement as it chipped a bit of my tooth so no way am I eating another one (nothing bad though so no compensation needed) ..... maybe I'll just throw it away to be safe :wink::lol:

Evils... good thinking maybe it's that... but would a fragment of plumb stone be as hard and sharp and if I tapped it on my teeth would it sound like hard 'bone' :oops:

Think logically Dizzy, did you have a chipped tooth before you put it in your mouth No!, retain the evidence, send copies of the photos, the offending item is alien to the product that you purchased and the producers of that product should have systems in place to ensure that foriegn bodies do not find their way into that product.

My tooth was already in my mouth Algy :shock::lol:

I already had a tinly little bit missing... it has been missing since I was about 14... but now it's a little bit bigger :cry:

It's on a side tooth though so you cant really see it... so not bothered as it doesn't detract from my exceptionally good looks or hollywood smile.

WAKE UP DIZZY..... oooh was I dreaming again :lol:

I'd say you and Evils are both right.

Without doubt I too agree that it's definately a piece of a plumb stone.

I just had another look at it and it has changed colour since being in the air for a few days and must has dried out a bit too and as such is more recognisable.

Still as hard and jagged though and certainly not something that would have done my intestines much good if I had swallowed it :shock:

I'm still waiting for my jiffy bag for if I decide to send it back to them but my other half has thrown the packaging in the wheelie bin :roll: and not sure if I want to have to rummage through everything to find it :lol: