Youth services and Youth Provision and Young people.

TomJenningsMYP

I myself was giving out the survey and collecting them back in to hand over to the Youth Service, who then correlated the data. So they should have it somewhere, just a case of reminding them to actually go and find a copy :D

And I will definitely look into using an FOI request, as it could come in quite useful for seeing how all that Youth Provision funding is allocated and spent :wink:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm in which case they may say they only have the correlated data rather than the sheets that were actually filled in. YOU NEED BOTH !! :wink:

FOI's are very usefull Tom but make sure you word it very carefully as they are very adapt at omitting certain important info if you don't specifically list it or word it all correctly... now how do I know that :lol::wink:

Baz J

So many teenagers would and do have that kind of respect for elders but are never given the chance because in the media and in forums like this we are stereoptyped as hoodied ASBOs.

Not at warrington-worldwide we don't - the cover of our January issue is testimony to that and we always enjoy reporting on the good things teenagers do.

Haha absolutely! Tom is a close friend, I was really happy for him!

• 2 weeks later...

There's some depressing stuff on this thread, I want my lad to have a better start in life than I did (and it was easy for me, jobs were 10 a penny when I left school), that's what I'd call progress.

Who'd have thought this was over 40 years old:

I work with teenagers in Warrington, the overwhelming majority are good kids, some of them astound me with what they have achieved so far.

Keep up the good work Tom, and don't lose your passion.

Thanks for the support and brilliant video :wink:

Its nice to see people who are prepared to bother their backsides and actually try to DO something about issues they feel strongly about. Most folk on here seem content to have a huge whinge and pretend to themselves they have tried to make a difference. :wink:

Most folk on here seem content to have a huge whinge and pretend to themselves they have tried to make a difference

I admit to being one of those people PJ..... however judging by the way the council is run; by serial career politicians who only venture out of ther comfort zones every 4 years to sneak around shoving pamphlets through doors and for the rest of the time do what they want rather than what their voters want, it is little wonder no one gets involved.

Independants get little or no support in this town and once the party line has been taken; it is only a matter of time before you fall in and do as you are told by those further up the pecking order.

I would love to be able to grab half of the councillors in this town by the scruff of the neck and shake them until they realise what a bloody pigs ear they are making of the transport, the roads, the bin collections, the town centre..... the list is endless. They seem to be content with slapping themselves on the back and telling each other what a wonderful job they are all doing!

Plus the other thing is I have a proper job which takes a lot of time too!!

:shock::lol: Poor Obs ... fancy being stick in there with those lot :cry::lol:

We seem to be going of topic though.... :oops:

Back to youth provision (or lack of) eh.

Lots of teenagers hanging around all weekend with no-where in particular to go and nothing in particular to do.... just hanging around and chillin' together outdoors.. in the cold.... together...

Do they actually like it that way though I wonder :wink:

I'm not sure a town centre venue would be ideal for a large youth centre anyway. It would bring Tom and his pals into close regular contact with the drunks and louts who have already attacked him once. Perhaps somewhere not near the main cluster of boozers would be a better idea. From when I was young a great many "youthies" have been closed down so in this respect the youth of today may have less than us. Mind you I would have loved a pc and a ps3 etc instead of that crappy tennis game on my black and white portable.

Good luck Tom, keep at it.