Bin Collections

Eagle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They obviously had no intention of coming.

My neighbour was told that the bin wagon was parked at the King's Club. he dragged his bin down there to find out that it was only there for an hour, but as word got around lots of people dumped bin bags there. He had to drag his bin back again. It seems that they will be there again tomorrow.

AND blue bins are NOT going to be emptied.!!!

So what is the message all about on the council web site. They are pathetic. :roll::roll::roll:

To be fair guys they are working although its got to be taking them longer to get round while its like this. It's no good expecting them to turn up on time in fact I'd be surprised if they actually manage to get their whole round covered given the conditions.

I'd rather see them trying to get around rather than standing by their wagon waiting for people to come to them!

Bill :)

Not disagreeing with you Bill, but at least the council could update their website and let us know how things are going.

When they say the blue bins will be emptied but have no intention, they should tell us exactly what they mean. As I said in an earlier post, what has changed road/weather wise from Tues/Wed?

They are interesting are they Peter :lol::lol: Compare them with the 'stats' of some of the other posts :wink:

You'd make a good councillors using a term like that :lol::lol:

As I said in an earlier post :wink: the roads this morning were pretty bad... infact a lot worse that yesterday :?:cry:

Just to make you feel slightly better though... despite emptying my bin yesterday it is now half full as I've had a junk out :lol:

Dear WBCouncil... are you still reading :?

The links on your website are really confusing and somewhat contradictory.

On entering your home page there is a link to "Christmas bin collection information"... now forgive me for being stupid but I clicked on that one juat as most people will.

See link info here...

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/home/residents/recycling_and_waste/christmas_collection_information/

The table makes it appear that normal collections are now back in place ... however your opening sentence on the web page states that "Due to the heavy ice, compacted snow and freezing temperatures we have made the decision to suspend all kerbside waste collection services."

So which is right... no wonder people are getting a tad confused and somewhat irate :?:roll:

Aslo your closing paragraph states that "..... If we do experience poor weather that prevents collections please see the council website for details ....... ".

Mmmm that's where we are all looking so is there another council website that people should check instead :shock::?

Of course not... as there is another link.. but people probably wont look on that one as it's called 'Winter Weather Information' and then you have to click another link for bins... and from what people are saying the info is not right either :roll:

So, the bins haven't been emptied this week. Hardly a life shattering matter when you consider what is happening to millions of people in our world today. Please keep things in perspective.

Victor, It's NOT the fact that they haven't been emptied, but the fact that we were TOLD by the council that they would be.

Not as worrying that certain types of chocolate might not be available, I will agree.

:( Peter T wrote

"Not as worrying that certain types of chocolate might not be available, I will agree."

Now that's realy hitting below the belt. May I remind you that, after 30 years of not having Rum and Raisin chocolate, I had forgotten all about it and it was a post on this forum that rekindled the craving. I will now probably become addicted to it and spend a fortune or turn to crime to fulfill my desires.

Having said all that :-

A merry Chistmas to you all

Now then Peter, that really was an arsey comment and not one worthy of someone in your position and standing on the forum

I'm sure Gary would rather we came on here and talked nonsense about chocolate rather than not come here at all..... but I'm sure that once you have apologised to Victor, he will be fine about it!

Now then Peter, that really was an arsey comment and not one worthy of someone in your position and standing on the forum

I'm sure Gary would rather we came on here and talked nonsense about chocolate rather than not come here at all..... but I'm sure that once you have apologised to Victor, he will be fine about it!

What standing? The only person to get more abuse than me is Kije.

All I want is for the council to do their job efficiently and economically.

I suppose they have achieved the latter by not collecting our rubbish and reducing the amount of money spent buying salt and grit.

PS. Do the wrappers get recycled or go in the black bins? :shock:

Do you mean chocolate wrappers or present wrapping paper Peter... :lol:

If it's the latter then that goes into the back bin too as according to the councils website 'wrapping' paper is not high enough quality to be recycled.

If course you could always burn it :wink:

If it's the latter then that goes into the back bin too as according to the councils website 'wrapping' paper is not high enough quality to be recycled.

You can't believe what the council say on their website. I am surprised that you are taken in? Is glossy paper for blue or black bin?

Stick winter tyres on and the council wouldn't need to spend anywhere near as much on grit. Drive a bit more carefully and the council wouldn't need to grit as many roads.....

Make winter driving a compulsory part of the driving test like they do in Finland, prosecute drivers who drive with two portholes to see through instead of clearing the car fully......

Labours nanny state is alive and well!!

You can't believe what the council say on their website. I am surprised that you are taken in? Is glossy paper for blue or black bin?

Peter... I am never 'taken in' by anyone :roll: At times I may appear to be 'stupid' or 'gullible' but rest assured I am actually very astute :wink:

Isn't it time you put on your Grinch outfit by the way :lol:

Peter... I am never 'taken in' by anyone :roll: At times I may appear to be 'stupid' or 'gullible' but rest assured I am actually very astute :wink:

Isn't it time you put on your Grinch outfit by the way :lol:

Maybe. I got my new appointment for next Friday, so things could be looking up. :wink: Have a good weekend. :wink: