Bin Collections

Eagle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh mines nearly full aswell..... not to worry as I'm sure they will collect the extra after Christmas and the cold weather will stop everything smelling in the binsacks..... :lol:

To be honest though I think it is the right decision as cars can't even be driven safely down all the side roads let alone huge bin waggons.

There's always the local tip or collection points for those who 'cant cope' :wink:

Just been announced on Granada Reports that Warrington Council have suspended bin collections. I suppose it was inevitable that Warrington would be first.

Not a million miles away in Runcorn and Widnes the 'Service is running as normal', and where do their bin lorries get emptied? in Warrington of course. :?:?

Just been announced on Granada Reports that Warrington Council have suspended bin collections. I suppose it was inevitable that Warrington would be first.

Not a million miles away in Runcorn and Widnes the 'Service is running as normal', and where do their bin lorries get emptied? in Warrington of course. :?:?

Yes but the main roads are ok so their lorries can get to Warrington :wink: (well apart from the frozen sides of Wilderspool Causeway where the bus we were on slid today :shock: )

Sorry to say Dizzy but people are having to drive down the side roads to get to their place of work , perhaps if the WBC actually cleared and gritted the roads properly then it would not be unsafe for the refuse lorries to actually do their job. Does this cut in service mean we will get a rebate on the council tax, no sorry I forgot we are talking about a council who could not organise a ****.** in a brewery without it costing council tax payers thousands of pounds.

Thinking outside the box, as Pickles and Shapps want the local authorities to do, why not fit snow ploughs and gritters to the refuse lorries ?

Rant over

As our collection is on a Friday; we weren't due another collection until the 7th of January anyway, although why they can't collect on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve is beyond me...... lots of other people work then so why are the binmen special?

That's where a wood burning stove comes in handy or an open fire. :wink:

Are there any health implications when it comes to burning plastic and other such 'bin' rubbish items Peter :lol::wink:

Don't you re-cycle?

Only health problems if you breathe in the fumes.

DO NOT BURN PLASTIC MATERIAL the gasses released are extremely toxic ie. cyanide, dioxins, PCBs' - Polychlorinated biphenyls, and the list goes on!, some carsinogenic all life threatening if inhaled. :roll::x

DO NOT BURN PLASTIC MATERIAL the gasses released are extremely toxic ie. cyanide, dioxins, PCBs' - Polychlorinated biphenyls, and the list goes on!, some carsinogenic all life threatening if inhaled. :roll::x

Sounds like these materials get recycled into cigarettes Algy :lol:

If the binmen cant get to empty the bins due to the council not gritting the roads, how are we supposed to push our bins to the collection points? What town hall bright spark thought of that one ?

As it it the binmen leave the empty bins half way down the close but if you dont leave it in the right spot they wont collect it, hey maybe thats the plan, make them all redundant and we can all push our bins to the tips.

If they cant empty bins they should be put out clearing roads and pathways - we pay them their wages with our council Taxes

How is the Postmen, DHL, ASDA, and others can get round ?

Maybe its time to subcontract the bin service.

I think my local councillor (who used to be Very Very Regular on here until he got elected ) should give them grief over this as he only lives round the corner - oops! sorry I forgot - he cant get out its like a skating rink in front of his house due to non gritting

Reader

Not sure if you are referring to Cllr Paul Kennedy, but IF you are, he was elected to the council in 2008 and continued posting until May 2010 when he stated that after five years and more than 10,000 posts he had decided to call it a day. So there would appear to be no connection between his election to the council and his decision to quit posting - regrettable though that decision was.

It is also worth mentioning that unlike a number of other councillors who still do use the forum, he always posted under his own name

(well, I think he did!)

Good rant Long John :wink:

I feel sorry for the binmen though as last year they were called rotten by some people and got a lot of abuse for 'not doing their job'... but it's not their fault that WBC don't clear the roads.

Diz, apart from main routes, the majority of roads have not been cleared in other towns, but it hasn't stopped the binmen. :roll:

I'm sure the binmen don't just say "we're not doing it" I would imagine they are told from up above that they can't :wink:

They were collecting here the other week when it was really icy and and stupid woman in a silver car was going MAD at them for blocking the road for a what was no longer than a few minutes.

She was beeping, leaning out of her car window screaming at them and waving her arms..... 'Wait until Dianna Terris hears about this' she bellowed in a violent rage. :lol: She looked a right idiot and even accused them of being rude and swearing at her :shock:

They hadn't at all... they had been more than polite so I stuck up for the bin men and gave them my address as a witness and told the woman if she wanted to put in a complaint to remember that I had heard every word and she needed to chill out, get some manners and some patience.... moron 8)