Warrington in the Media

chriswolves

Wolfie wrote

You must be burying your head if you believe that

1.the Police deal with all incidents that are reported

2. the Police don't already know where kids are drinking.

3. you still think there is some point in anyone reporting anything to the Police.

1. I track the ones that I report - I didn't day all

2. thw kids move on to new places

3. yes - make sure that you receive an incident number if you phone up (like the folk who live in Lymm) or a reply to you email.

Eagle if it's the one that passed this time it is within a whisper of loosing it's license.

Originally posted by Student Geoff:

2. thw kids move on to new places

The kids don't move on, the Police move them on and thats all they do. :roll: The Police don't bother trying to stop them drinking, they don't inform their parents, they don't arrest anyone. :redmad:

[ 29.01.2008, 11:23: Message edited by: Keith R ]

WHy do you think that is? The law is now a toothless tiger and the bobbies in this country have their hands tied. Plus morale is so low now in the police force that i'm surprised any of them "care" anymore!!!

If the politicians stopped wasting money on spongers, fake wars and other crap, and spent it on this country (ie more bobbies) then you and I would not have to stump up the 5% rise in council tax.

Here's the irony. This 5% increase in council tax is meant to pay for police officers. Cheshire are not allowed to take anymore on?!?!?! Not only have the bobbies had their wages slashed but now Cheshire are changing their actual pay date, which in real terms means they are all losing two weeks wages. This will earn Cheshire around ?4million this year. Where is this money going? Not on bobbies on the streets? Not on PCSO's (numbers will be cut this year as Cheshire are changing their contracts effectivly cutting their wages - forcing some to leave).

So you come on here slagging off the police but I think you need to realise that this country is rotten from the core.

[ 04.02.2008, 09:01: Message edited by: Gary ]

Mr P You are so right, Morale was this low back in the 1970's and there was wholesale leaving of the police force. That was the start of all this pay argument. Negotiations are meant to be starting now about this years pay yet last years has not yet been settled. This happened in the 70's and for three years there was no pay rise.

I still predict that this country is in for a big shock of public disorder this year and you have a very disgruntled police force who will be expected to deal with it. On top of the pay dispute this changing the banking date and just expecting people to accept 4 weeks money for 6 weeks works and smile for the good of the job I am afraid does not wash, but they can do it because at the moment the police can do nothing about it. This also does affect UNISON members and they do have the right to walk out. If they do that the job has really had it as far as doing anything for the public because of the amount of civilian staff that are trained to hold the key positions.

Maybe these days they are better equipped to deal with the inner city riots and there will not be as many injuries as there was before but the dedication to the job has well and truly gone. It used to be a career now it is just a job that is the difference. The footage of Bridge Street was not all that bad, it is normally a lot worse.

What you find now is that post vacate they are filled with PCSO's now maybe you are satified with untrained PCSO doing PC work.

Just a point of clarification: the Police Authority now have a seperate precept from the Council, as do the Fire Authority; this enables the payment of ?16kpa to the Councillors on the Police Cttee and an extra ?16kpa for the Chairman; plus they still get their pay from the local Council. :wink: They're avin a laff! :P

'Cos my typing is dire, better I give you the link to the document containing all of the details:

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/Images/MEMBERS_SCHEME_OF_ALLOWANCES_2007-08draft_tcm31-10632.pdf

With regards to the Fire & Police Authority you need to go on their websites and search for their Members info and see what is what and who is who.

But I do reiterate, I'm not against people in elected public office being paid, and very well paid provided their performance matches. However it is important that their paymasters, we the taxpayer, know that firstly they are paid and secondly how much. I have a very strong view about this sort of openness....which doesn't make me too popular in some quarters...but hey what the hell...what is right is right.

[ 02.02.2008, 10:46: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

• 2 weeks later...

Well Warrington is back on the news and in all the papers, not only as a result of the sentences passed on Gary Newloves murderers, but also because of other people in the same area stating that little has changed and gangs of yobs are still touring the area at night vandalising cars and intimidating residents. :(