Upload your Snowy Scenes here :)

Dizzy

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PJ...

To be honest, there is nothing not to like about the photographs you have taken, they all have merit.

I personally like bold, graphic type images, the one?s you have taken of the ?Gormley Statues? silhouetted against the sunsets I particularly like, the detail and the colours remind me of computerized/animated images. I also like the coffee cup image and the one with the people with the text behind them, not sure if that is a wall or scanned text added in photoshop.

If you have not already, you should have them printed by to A2/A1/A0 on high quality photo/art paper or on to canvas, they would look quite dramatic, there are one or two local printers that use large ink jet/plotters in Warrington.

Any one of those shots you have taken/manipulated would look excellent and distinctive on a living room/hotel wall or a great Christmas present for someone, who would like an individual/original shot of something local and interesting rather than something from bland from IKEA.

Below are some of the images I like/impressed by.

The Warrington skyline panoramic

Llanddulas jetty bw 333-1

born of fire (1 of 1)

Sankey Valley Park Autumn 11

any port in a storm-1.jpg

white yacht Rhos -1.jpg

red boat-1.jpg

coffee wall-1

Cafe Richard colour

Cap Coz-4

Stanley Docks (1 of 1)

Llanddulas beach posts left B&W (1 of 1)

apmorn- (1 of 1)-6

apmorn- (1 of 1)-3

apmorn- (1 of 1)

apmorn- (1 of 1)-5

Pj I use ACDsee Pro the St Elphins shot I simply changed to black & white then added a 'solorize. effect that highlights all the edges and infills blank areas black, such as the sky then add the 'sunspot' effect, which in this instance becomes the moon, so Baz no actual moon.

Pj there is a brilliant water effect if I manage to do one of the same photo I'll post it on here. :wink:

Blimey Sue you are very thorough. Thank you very much it was really nice of you to take the time. The image with the writing was taken in the cafe next to the Barley Mow. They have since got rid of the "mural" which I think is a shame. The Gormley statues at Crosby were very long exposures taken at 3 -4 in the morning. There was minimal post processing and if I recall correctly I used a couple of grad filters for the sky.

You seem to prefer many of the images I like myself so perhaps we share a common ideal for an image.

Do you take photographs yourself Sue or ursue another field of art? if so I'd love to see some of your work.

Thanks again.

Pj I use ACDsee Pro the St Elphins shot I simply changed to black & white then added a 'solorize. effect that highlights all the edges and infills blank areas black, such as the sky then add the 'sunspot' effect, which in this instance becomes the moon, so Baz no actual moon.

Pj there is a brilliant water effect if I manage to do one of the same photo I'll post it on here. :wink:

Please do Algy I like your stuff.

PJ, I like all kinds of art, some I like, some I don't, either way I do appreciate the skill levels, thought processes that are involved, like you say it is all subjective anyway.

I enjoy going to as many art exhibitions as I can, to get inspiration and just to enjoy what people have done. It is always amazing how people can see the same thing, but interpret the subject matter in a different way when painting or taking photographs.

What amazes me, is that in just a few short years, people can have a whole print room and photographic dark room on a PC lap top and achieve fantastic images and develop their artistic abilities even further with little or modest expense.

A few more from today... sorry if I'm boring you all now :lol:

Manchester Ship Canal... still frozen but with a dusting of snow. Shadows of the houses looked really nice

IMG_0381.jpg

St Thomas Church Stockton Heath

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

And the moon at about 5.30pm... it was very low, huge and very orange. I've not changed the colours on this photo at all and this is how it actually looked ....but wish I'd had a better camera zoom :lol::wink:

(The small blobs are lights near the bridge and morrisons)

IMG_0411.jpg