Upload your Snowy Scenes here :)

Dizzy

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just took these of the swans on the frozen Manchester Ship Canal. They were quite a distance away so I had the zoom on about 30x so not as clear as they would have been had they been closer. I think I need a new 'new' camera :lol:

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

and what a difference a bit of blue sky and sunshine makes :D

IMG_0241.jpg

I didn't like the colour on the swan pic so I just made it black and white but left it's beak orange..... I rather like it :oops::D

IMG_0250-1.jpg

This one must have been at the time of your sunset Peter... I've not changed this at all .. it's how the sky actually looked

IMG_0304.jpg

4 sets of batteries used so far while 'testing' my camera :oops::lol:

Batteries drain a lot quicker in cold temperatures Dizzy and I found that my compact used to churn through batteries when downloading the images onto my PC. I invested in a power adapter for it and it saved me a fortune.

If you take spare batteries out with you in cold weather keep them in your pants pocket where they will stay warmer than in your case or coat pocket.

Rechargables are a good idea as Algy pointed out

I usually use Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA's and they last absolutley ages but can't seem to get them at the moment so having to use Duracel Plus (not good at all)

I bought some rechargable AA's which came with a compact charger yesterday. They have just finished charging and it took 10 hours :shock: Obviously that's a first charge so I hope they are quicker next time. :lol:

Suddenly realised the mistake I have made though as it only charges 2 at a time :oops:

Just for info though I have just checked how many pics I have taken whilst 'testing' with the naff batteries and I've taken 305 :shock: The total combined size of all photos is 708 MB.... ooops :lol:

PS...... PJ I just stick the memory card in my pc card reader so I'm not actually using the camera when I download my pictures to the pc... thank goodness :lol::wink:

PPS..... Peter I changed the swan in photobucket (never used the editing features on there but there are some good ones) Give it a go it's really easy :wink: ......although you can do the same in photoshop CS3 etc