Remember that number?

observer

Every phone number (both mobile and landline) I've ever had. Every car registration I've ever owned. Bank account numbers, credit card numbers, I just don't seem able to forget them. Never have done. Once I've read them out over the phone a time or two then they're in there. I don't even go and fetch my wallet when I'm ordering stuff by phone or internet anymore - I just reel off the numbers without consciously thinking about them.

Not my Mum's phone number though, funnily enough. She's forever moaning that I never remember to ring her!

I only remember my Social Security number and my military service number. Phone numbers, even the numbers on the houses I've lived in are all gone with the wind. Got the Soc. Sec. # 58 years ago and the military i.d. was 57 years ago. Among the lads we thought the lower the number, the 'saltier' our reputation was. It gave us seniority. Sometimes we'd hear "why I've spent more time in the chow line than you've served in the corps!" Or the topper: "I've spent more time in the pay line than you...."

I remember my mums Coop divi number..... (I am too young to have my own Obs!!)

I also have a nack of remembering telephone numbers and car registrations. I can quite easily recite every car reg number I have ever owned as well as those owned by my dad and various others too.

i can remember my home phone number and those of my mother and my father in law. both pin numbers for my debit/credit cards, my car number plate (but not my bike for some reason) my national insurance number but after that i am hard pushed to remember what day it is and i am sure that when i sent a check off last week i put last years date on it. :wink:

May I start with the "old soldier" joke from the army. Respect was given to the person with the lowest number. The smart answer after others had toild you their number, was to say "When I joined, we didn't have numbers, we knew each other".

I remember 2 co-op check numbers. my real army number 2244----; three police numbers; 5 house numbers; various birthdays- etc - and with all those numbers I still can't win the lottery.

Happy days

All the numbers went to a party and numbers being what they are, all the evens stayed around each other and all the odds did the same and neither group interacted with each other. Whilst two was chatting to four he noticed zero was on his own in the corner and suggested to four that because zero is sort of even he should be encouraged to mix with even numbers - four agreed. So off went two to invite zero into their little group. "Would you like to join our little group" enquired two, to which zero replied "I have nothing to add!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------