Walton Gardens. Wonderful but...

Waltonian

This is what I said

Walton Gardens gets its fair share

This is what you said

am I right in thinking, you believe the majority of them (and were talking thousands) are smashing up Walton Gardens

No mention of - 'thousands' and No mention of - 'smashing up'

I would suggest that if you intend to carry on representing people , (teenagers or not), that you quote them correctly and that you don't try to categorise all the bad ones to be those who live in Council Houses. :roll::roll:

BTW my son's one of those coppers that you meet with. :wink:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Tom and welcome to the forum and excellent first posts by the way :wink: ... I hope you stick around and join in many of the chats on here.

As already said it's great to have yet another younger person posting on here (there are a few now) and it's really interesting to hear the views from the younger side rahter than from just us the old grumps on here (I'm not old yet so that excludes me :lol::wink: )

I wont comment further on Bridge Street other than to say I do find some groups of youngsters in the daytime very intimmidating, unpleasant and not very pleasant to be anywhere near (I never go in at night)... the ones who dress in black and other odd clothing styles never worry me at all as they seem very laid back and keep themselves to themselves.

SO BACK TO WALTON GARDENS

Tom..... I must admit I had never heard of the role of MYP until you mentioned it so I had to google to see what it was :oops:

So as you are the MYP for Warrington South representing the 12,000 young people in the area what in your opinion could or should be be done at Waton Gardens that would make even more young people use it or indeed any other age groups?

I'm thinking more along the lines of things that could bring in revenue to the council whilst still being within an affordable price for the younger generation to enjoy ?

There's not a lot for teenagers in particular to do these days... maybe they should open a roller rink/ice rink at Walton... oooh that brings back some happy memories :lol:

True I suppose... and I was never bored either although we did have clubs and things we could go to. Whatever we did or wherever we went we always felt safe when we we were out and about and our parents never worried too much either.

Maybe it was because there was not as much access or coverage of all the local horror news... or maybe we just didn't care :shock::lol:

I don't think the world is any more - or less - dangerous, but we are constantly being told we are under threat by unseen dangers. All this business about there being nothing to do is nonsense, its just that the young people today are being contaminated by the idea that the world owes us a living and that it's up to "someone" to organise their lives for us. Not true, we have to live our own lives and only depend on society to help if we are struggling. :wink::wink:

Post corrected by Dizzy...

Just getting back to the topic...

It would be useful if all of the people contributing here could also get involved with the official council survey which is here: www.visitchesterandcheshire.co.uk/waltonhall

As well as the Facebook 'Walton Estate Advisory Group' here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Walton-Estate-Advisory-Group/118361721559311

Tom, maybe you could reach out to your constituents and ask for their input with the above links? Younger people are key primary users of the area and the people who stand to lose in the future if Walton Gardens is not available to them and their children.

It would be useful if all of the people contributing here could also get involved with the official council survey which is here: www.visitchesterandcheshire.co.uk/waltonhall

...as well as the Facebook 'Walton Estate Advisory Group' here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Walton-Estate-Advisory-Group/118361721559311

Earlier post from Agitatie99 corrected ... error and problems with blank posts and 'quoting' caused by space before closure of [/url] code.... all other posts relating to the problem have been deleted (hope no-one minds... as they were detracting from the original topic) thanks Dizzy

Come on you lot be fair... :roll::P

These people are trying to help the public (us) by using this forum to hopefully help safeguard Walton Gardens/Hall from another 'Contessa' style take over plan.... we all complained enough about all that on here and moaned that there was never any public consultation/input etc.... now we have a chance to at least put put some ideas and suggestions forward so we should be trying to help them..... whether the council will listen of course is another matter but if people just sit back and don't get involved then who knows what will happen :shock::wink:

SO ORIGINAL QUESTIONS WERE........ answers please :D:wink:

"WALTON GARDENS. WONDERFUL BUT......."

Let's keep this really simple. What would you say after 'but...'

As well as the Facebook 'Walton Estate Advisory Group' here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Walton-Estate-Advisory-Group/118361721559311

Tom, maybe you could reach out to your constituents and ask for their input with the above links? Younger people are key primary users of the area and the people who stand to lose in the future if Walton Gardens is not available to them and their children.

That comment was made by a young member of the forum regarding the stereotypical 'names' given by others to specific groups of youngsters based on their 'style' etc. So being young then 'yes' he probably does know better than some of us when it comes to group names :wink: .... so stop dwelling on it as it's irrelevant to the Walton Gardens questions ... or maybe start another thread :wink::lol:

I'm quite confused at the hostility from members, especially those who seem to just make it their mission to deter new members from making valid points. Even to the extent of indicating that they know best about my generation because they can google our slang words and terminology. And yet these members, with all their clever mocking and witty remarks, clearly misquote me in some foolish tactic to avoid answering my questions about their disillusioned stance on young warringtonians.

I presume some members of this forum just can't take facts and opinions unless it comes out of the pages of the gloriously truthful articles of the daily mail.

Which reminds me, did you read the article about the geeky teenager who stabbed his mother to death because she didn't buy him the new playstation? Or what about the young goth girl who has had 30 babies just so she can claim for a council flat? Or what about the indie kid who has burgled the whole of his street to pay for his drug addictions?

These "Chavs" eh? Ruining our society...Thank god for public opinion being controlled by exaggerated words written without substantial evidence.

As for "helping the public", my duty is to help young people (wait sorry, I mean "chavs") and I believe that challenging views held by some of you, is helping young people. As if at least one young person see's this 'debate', it shows the ignorance and arrogance of some adults that find comfort in dwelling behind a computer screen to discourage young people from taking part in discussions that regard them.

But by all means, discredit everything I've just written and go ahead in making me out to be a silly little boy, who just doesn't understand anything about a world your generation has made such a pleasure to live in.

So, just to write something of hopeful value to the real reason of this debate.

I believe Walton Gardens would benefit from Young volunteers giving a helping hand within the Gardens, after all, the volunteer centre has over 200 young volunteers working within the Borough.

It would also perhaps benefit from IMPACT (Warrington's Youth Council) setting up Youth events upon the grounds. This would create positive activities for young people to get involved in, raise awareness of the grounds and its usability and would be affordable considering the funds from local organisations and local/national Government budgets for Youth provision.

As a young volunteer myself, and a member of IMPACT, I will be contacting both the volunteer centre and Councillors on the possibilities of the ideas above and hope that adults such as yourselves would support "chavs" getting involved in their community to benefit all members of society within good old Warrington.

So, just to write something of hopeful value to the real reason of this debate.

I believe Walton Gardens would benefit from Young volunteers giving a helping hand within the Gardens, after all, the volunteer centre has over 200 young volunteers working within the Borough.

It would also perhaps benefit from IMPACT (Warrington's Youth Council) setting up Youth events upon the grounds. This would create positive activities for young people to get involved in, raise awareness of the grounds and its usability and would be affordable considering the funds from local organisations and local/national Government budgets for Youth provision.

As a young volunteer myself, and a member of IMPACT, I will be contacting both the volunteer centre and Councillors on the possibilities of the ideas above and hope that adults such as yourselves would support "chavs" getting involved in their community to benefit all members of society within good old Warrington.

Sounds like a plan - what does Waltonian think of this?

More than a slight over-reaction there Tom. I've just been back through all the posts and can't find anything attacking you. Lighten up or you will find it hard going. :wink:

Asperity,

I would have thought taking a quote out of context (I know best) could be seen as a deriding comment.

My interpretation was that he knew people of his age group better than the older members on here. Which was fair comment, but maybe the wording could have been better. :wink: