WBC Traffic Wardens - Unbelievable !

Dizzy

Anyone ever had a parking ticket... read on

....little intro first so you understand

The SMALL roads in Stockton Heath near to the school have had new temporary double yellow lines to stop residents etc parking there while the construction of the new 'box' school takes place.

Since construction started the contractor's (who's tender was accepted by the Council :wink: )have taken to parking their vans, lorries, articulated lorries etc on these and other double yellows around the area for anything upto an hour....

So a rather irate resident who has obviously had enough of collared a passing blue traffic warden (who could clearly see all the illegal parking) and asked if they were going to put parking tickets on the offending contractors vehicles?

ANSWER WAS..... 'I dont know, I'll have to radio in and ask if I can'.

The answer must have been NO YOU CAN'T as the vehicles stayed put and still continue to pull up and park as and when they feel like it....

So how is that fare especially when the residents and anyone else would get ticketed if they parked there?

Do wardens have to radio in before they put tickets on ANY vehicle ANYWHERE ?? :roll:

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Anyone ever had a parking ticket... read on

....little intro first so you understand

The SMALL roads in Stockton Heath near to the school have had new temporary double yellow lines to stop residents etc parking there while the construction of the new 'box' school takes place.

Since construction started the contractor's (who's tender was accepted by the Council :wink: )have taken to parking their vans, lorries, articulated lorries etc on these and other double yellows around the area for anything upto an hour....

So a rather irate resident who has obviously had enough of collared a passing blue traffic warden (who could clearly see all the illegal parking) and asked if they were going to put parking tickets on the offending contractors vehicles?

ANSWER WAS..... 'I dont know, I'll have to radio in and ask if I can'.

The answer must have been NO YOU CAN'T as the vehicles stayed put and still continue to pull up and park as and when they feel like it....

So how is that fare especially when the residents and anyone else would get ticketed if they parked there?

Do wardens have to radio in before they put tickets on ANY vehicle ANYWHERE ?? :roll:

Come on thats ridiculous....these lorries and Vans arent "parking" there.... they are Works traffic, the drivers arent nipping to the Shops or having lunch in a fancy wine bar....

you probably never saw anything wrong with the traffic warden that was in the news a few years ago for putting a ticket on a hearse...It was ok as the coffin wasnt in it at the time....!!!!

[ 12.10.2007, 12:51: Message edited by: Bick ]

Originally posted by Bick:

Come on thats ridiculous....these lorries and Vans arent "parking" there.... they are Works traffic, the drivers arent nipping to the Shops or having lunch in a fancy wine bar....

you probably never saw anything wrong with the traffic warden that was in the news a few years ago for putting a ticket on a hearse...It was ok as the coffin wasnt in it at the time....!!!!

Eh... not sure if I follow what you mean and wether you are agreeing with me or not..probably not though :D:D

I totally agree with Dismayed. You cannot introduce legislation to be obeyed by some and allowed to be ignored by others. The traffic warden in question would not have radiod in if, say, a plumber had been working in the said road and parked his van on the yellow lines. Parking of large vehicles on these narrow roads directly outside a primary school not only infringes parking regulations but constitutes a serious safety issue. I would have suggested that a complaint to the Planning Department was needed but they would probably simply ignore it, as they ignored all the sound reasons for NOT BUILDING THE NEW SCHOOL!!!!!

I would imagine that the articulated truck was making a delivery so would need to be there unless you expect one of those to park up at the back of the forge and carry the stuff to site?

The other general contractors vans; fine book them after they have unloaded, there is no need for them to be there. I have had enough of my lads booked in the past.... they always like to tell you though, as though you are likely to offer to pay!!

[ 12.10.2007, 19:08: Message edited by: BazJ ]

Originally posted by observer:

Frankly, whilst sat in my car on double yellows; I've closely observed these Parking Attendants; and have to conclude that they are quite laxed. :D

As for the scheme not making any money.. I'm sure Gary reported that it was :D !!

Originally posted by BazJ:

I would imagine that the articulated truck was making a delivery so would need to be there unless you expect one of those to park up at the back of the forge and carry the stuff to site?

The other general contractors vans; fine book them after they have unloaded, there is no need for them to be there. I have had enough of my lads booked in the past.... they always like to tell you though, as though you are likely to offer to pay!!

No Baz I do not expect them to carry their stuff to the site...... but I still expect them to park on the site as they are supposed to do.

Not going to get into an arguement as this was more about traffic wardens having to get council approval to ticket certain vehicles rather than the issue of the school....

but while you are so adamant about it... Crudens the councils chosen contractor :D and the Council officials both said that contractor's traffic and access to the site would NOT pose any probelem whatsoever... Yeah Right and only another year to go !! :D

Dismayed,

my apologies, I was assuming that there was no access or parking on the site and they had to park on the road to make deliveries etc. (I really must read these things more carefully.)

In that case, yes they should be booked I agree with you.

I saw one of the blue bottles with his scooter, booking a car on Longshaw street because the rear wheel was intruding into a bus stop. So maybe they are allowed to book anything and everything but just need a bit of guidance from above now and then!

Originally posted by BazJ:

Dismayed,

my apologies, I was assuming that there was no access or parking on the site and they had to park on the road to make deliveries etc. (I really must read these things more carefully.)

In that case, yes they should be booked I agree with you.

I saw one of the blue bottles with his scooter, booking a car on Longshaw street because the rear wheel was intruding into a bus stop. So maybe they are allowed to book anything and everything but just need a bit of guidance from above now and then!

No probs :D:D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by observer:

Well, up to now; I've regularly parked (or waited) at my usual pick up point on single yellows; and the blue bottles have never challenged me yet. :D

Perhaps in the cases you mention they turn blue-bottleless and prefer to wait for the offender to vacate their vehicle before they actually pounce so as to remain anaonymous and avoid embarrasing confrontations :D ...... but god forbid that I/you ever park anywhere and touch a white line in a parking bay as I believe they are very very 'strict' about such incidents 8):roll:

The only parking ticket I ever got was the afternoon I passed my driving test. I took my mini into town and parked down the side of the market opposite Barnets carpets (about where Lloyds TSB is now on the Times Square centre. The road used to run from opposite Ethel Austins down to opposite the JJB gym (Came out roughly where the Time Square pub is now.

The day after, they shut the road and built the shopping centre!!

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Don't get me wrong I'm all for people getting tickets for blatently ignoring and parking on double yellows which is why I started this topic :wink:

That depends on where the lines are in my opinion (not just double), if you actualy pay some attention to the amount of yellows in warrington it can get quite shocking.

there is a clear intent on revenue building for the council and possibly backhanders from the supermarkets to destroy local businesses.

for example the roads around walton gardens have plenty of spots which people could park, would not be a safety issue, would not obstruct other roadusers, and yet the entire area is restricted parking to creat revenue as visitors to the park are forced to use the expensive car park.

orford lane, lovely lane, lachford village allonce thriving local business lanes, now restricted parking to force potential customers to the nearby supermarkets.

picture winwick street from st annes church upwards (old route) into town, used to be strewn with shops, arcades, cafes listed pubs... now due to council planning and traffic managemnt it is a ghost town of derelict buildings strangled life out of them making way for the corporate developers, mark my words as soon all the small business is dead, and the "cinema" complex etc is built, suddenly link roads will open.

[ 23.10.2007, 16:28: Message edited by: legion ]

Good points Legion and ones to certainly make people think.

Another bit about Walton Gardens just for interest is that they have now installed pay and display meters where you have to type in the numbers from your car registration plate before you obtain your parking ticket.

Stops people paying for the over 2 hour (day rate :D

Now that car park MUST be raking in the profits... how much of it goes to Walton Gardens itself.. any idea :wink:

Legion,

I have to disagree about the Lovely Lane bit. I had my office there for 3 years (We were above the Pizza place, formally the TSB Bank and now all empty!) Whenever the pizza place had a delivery, the road was blocked by a truck for about 1/2 hour creating all sorts of traffic problems.

The only real row of shops is just as you ome off the roundabout and can you imagine the scenes of woe with traffic parked all along that strecth of the road? It used to be bad enough when the security van would stop at the co-op or someone stopped to nip in the bookies....