5 a side pitches

Aaron

BTG, well I knew, Springy and Tim knew and we are usually there. Why not come to a supporters club meeting, they are open to non members for a small fee (?1), Gary/Toby is often at these meetings and gives the latest news to the faithful. Its only cheap for you to join teh Supports Club, then you get discounts on the shop and the meetings are free, so there are savings to be made.

Pie 8)

That's football for you. You might create a bowling green, but you can't expect it to stay like that.

Isn't that why the club is going to the expense of training pitches to reduce the amount of training that is done on the pitch?

Not really progressive to expect the team to practise corners and movements, in a field. The fans will be complaining next that they aren't putting the effort in.

At the end of the day, the work that has gone into the pitch has been superb, but if it is necessary to use it for practise, that has to happen. Joey will be aware of this and the consequences.

i agree peter ,but when you put in 4hrs a day to get the pitch ready for the collegiates 1st game and ask people to stay of it for 1 training night so the collegiate can have a nice playing surface for once,not a lot to ask,they do sponsor the team!

Seems that discussing these points with yourself, the manager and a Director at a meeting might have cleared the air. And if you did discuss it with the manager and he disagreed, was it taken to a higher level?

As the advert said, "It's good to talk". Something that doesn't happen often enough at WTFC. People just bottle things up and then kick off. :roll:

i did peter i ask the director,but he really didnt want to be put on the spot was told to txt joey ,which i did but didnt get a reply back,communication again.

Jon I actually suggested that you SPOKE to Joey about your concerns.

It was not a case of being put on the spot.

It is far better if people speak face to face rather than send texts or publicise grievances on a public forum.

When you made your concerns known to me I spoke to Joey and he said that if you have had any issues concerning training on the pitch to speak to him directly.

You have made your decision, we respect it, thank you for everything you have done, we look forward to seeing you at the ground as a supporter and wish you well for the future.

Now please let this be an end to the matter.

The day the Directors start telling the Manager how to manage is the start of the slippery slope. They can agree targets and money, then it is up to the Manager.

I can just imagine Ferguson letting the Yanks tell him what to do. :shock:

he had to get permission for Mr Rooney's new contract :)

if these five aside football pitches are open to the public they are a great little money spinner! speaking to the guys at rylands its their major source of income bar the bowling greens!

another step in the right direction!

however does this mean that are current ground is not going to be used when we get in the football league :D

peter i dont exspect the directors to tell the manager how to run the team he his doing a great job,what i said was the director to ask the manager not to train on the pitch just for one night,i dont want this to turn into an argument,i was just airing my veiw,we are all trying to strive to get a good stadium ,so 1 night wouldnt have done any harm..

The day the Directors start telling the Manager how to manage is the start of the slippery slope. They can agree targets and money, then it is up to the Manager.

I can just imagine Ferguson letting the Yanks tell him what to do. :shock:

he had to get permission for Mr Rooney's new contract :)

if these five aside football pitches are open to the public they are a great little money spinner! speaking to the guys at rylands its their major source of income bar the bowling greens!

another step in the right direction!

however does this mean that are current ground is not going to be used when we get in the football league :D

The two five a sides can be used as one big pitch as well for training which will take the pressure off the main pitch.

The current stadium wouldn't be good enough for football league but I think we are a good few years off worrying about that yet.