Is it safe?

observer

The Germans used a tactic in WW2 making ships look innocent until they were close enough to attack..... worked then. :lol:

Can you imagine the faces of the Somali crooks if they attacked a freighter only to realise it was a warship full of Marines..... now that would be a youtube video worth watching!

No, we cannot rain down death a destruction from the air, How much do you think a laser guided bomb cost Obs, or a laser guided missile, you would not have to fire many without blowing a big hole in the defence budget. Like most of your ideas you failed to cost it out.

Tomahawk cruise missile $569,000 each

How many do you think it will take to get the gob done :?:

Since when as the price of ordanance prohibited it's use Kije? :? Precision guided weapons come in a variety of forms, and their use, based on detailed satellite intelligence, makes them an ideal weapon of choice for taking out specific targets. So much so, that the CIAs drone operations in Pakistan have been so successfull in decapitating Al Queda and the Taliban, than President Karsai has actually complained - must have lost some of his friends! :wink: Think we're spending around ?5billion a year in Afghanistan, but have lost over 100 young soldiers at the same time - now that is a price not worth paying. :cry:

Baz, You are a wealth of misinformation :!::wink:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6973993.ece

Well there is nearly one missile Kije..... Misinformation? Or would you prefer I stick my head in the sand and my backside in the air and adopt your approach to immigration and the EU?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6860248.ece

and the above would probably pay for a battalion of soldiers to kick some somali pirate ass for a few weeks too!

Misinformation?

Since when as the price of ordinance prohibited its use Kije

Always has, and always will.

Just before the first Gulf War, Royal Ordinance stopped making large 5000llb bombs as they were no longer needed, as guided bombs and missiles were the best option, They even sold off the equipment to make them, Herald the start of the War, We drop a few laser guided bombs and hey press-ow me are making 5000iib bombs by hand, because it is proving rather expensive to drop intelligent ones. How do I know this my Father in Law worked at Royal Ordinance in Exton near Preston where they were built. And if you look at the Stats on Ordinance dropped in both Wars you will find most were the good old dumb bombs

:lol: You don't actually believe that Kije? IF a price was placed on the fiscal cost of wars, we'd never fight them - which might be a good thing - but sadly not the reality. As Clausvitz said " War is the pursuit of political policy by other means", always has been, and always will be - irrespective of cost. btw it took us 60 years to pay back the Yanks for WW2. :cry:

Conventional thought, is that the Poor Bloody Infantry are the only means of taking and occupying ground - hence their use in war. The presumption in this of course, is that you wish to take and hold the ground in the first place. I would suggest, in anti-terrorist/insugency warefare, the objective is to eliminate them, which can be done by more systematic and surgical means, using our high tech intelligence and weapons capabilities. Eventually, they'll be trying to fight us with bows and arrows. :wink:

Since when as the price of ordinance prohibited its use Kije

Always has, and always will.

Just before the first Gulf War, Royal Ordinance stopped making large 5000llb bombs as they were no longer needed, as guided bombs and missiles were the best option, They even sold off the equipment to make them, Herald the start of the War, We drop a few laser guided bombs and hey press-ow me are making 5000iib bombs by hand, because it is proving rather expensive to drop intelligent ones. How do I know this my Father in Law worked at Royal Ordinance in Exton near Preston where they were built. And if you look at the Stats on Ordinance dropped in both Wars you will find most were the good old dumb bombs

You can't even quote some one correctly LtKije. Obs referred to ordanance, which is a new word in the English language as far as I can determine, but you say he referred to "ordinance" and subsequently went on to give us your wisdom on Royal Ordinance and their manufacture of bombs, with your reference to your Father in Law who worked in this ficticious place. If you want to pick fault with people please at least go to a charity shop and buy yourself a cheap dictionary or, hey here's an idea, use an on line one!!! Or perhaps ORDNANCE was the word you wre looking for. Silly me, I should have read your mind. :roll::roll::roll:

Oh, by the way ORDINANCE is an order, decree or regulation laid down by a constituted authority. English, what a bugger of a language to learn!!

Etiquette isn't your strong point asperity, As it is considered to be bad etiquette to point spelling or typo's out. Never mind I will rise above your small mindedness and keep going, It hard but I cannot expect to talk to everyone on the same level, Its a long way down asperity but I will strive to bend that low to make you feel better. As I am working at the moment and using my phone, Why not take sometime and look up the word Etiquette, In all honesty you would be helping me out, As I am getting a bad back bending to answer your posts. :wink:

Back to topic :!:

As it is considered to be bad etiquette to point spelling or typo's out.

says who?

if that were true Kije, all my teachers would have been classed as very ignorant; because they were always pointing out our bad spelling and bad grammar. Just because you can't spell is no real issue, trying to justify it is another thing however!