Speed Humps in Warrington

xyz

Funny you should say that, I've just returned from a job interview in the Isle of Man to work for their government.

I believe that the members of Tydwald have to stand and fall on their own merits - so there could some mileage in what you say.

Why not stand as an independent yourself next time?

By the way as we sped around the TT course we didn't come across one hump or bump of the variety this discussion is talking about. It was a bit scary even going half the speed of the bikers, especially on the mountain road with the steep drops. Great fun though. :D

[ 11.03.2008, 11:32: Message edited by: Semi-retired Geoff ]

Would that be Councellor Maher?

Was that a post on how to "win friends and influence people"?

Both Bill and observer have been members of this Forum for a very long time, and other posters don't have a problem with their names. It's the quality of the posts that count.

[ 12.03.2008, 00:04: Message edited by: Peter ]

I THINK YOU NEED TO READ MY NAME AGAIN. I DONT NEED TO WIN FRIENDS OR TRY TO INFLUENCE PEOPLE. I TALK SENSE SO PEOPLE LISTEN AND AS FOR INFLUENCING PEOPLE I AM A BORN LEADER SO PEOPLE LIKE TO LISTEN AND FOLLOW ME AND YE I ALWAYS RIGHT MY NAME BECAUSE I WONT HIDE BEHIND ANYONE OR A NAME SO THAT NO ONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE.THE TROUBLE WITH THE CLICK ON HERE IS YOU ALL LIKE TO CALL THE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO RUN THE TOWN BUT NONE OF YOU WIIL HAVE A GO . SO MY ADVICE WOULD BE IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT THEY DO GET OUT THERE AND HAVE A GO AND SEE IF YOU CAN DO BETTER AND LIKE I JUST SAID I TALK SENCE THATS WHY YOU JUST READ THIS AND REPLYED TO IT MY FRIND.

what the spelling of paul or do you think that everyone with the name maher is a councilor. As a person who people tend to listen to i will give you a little bit of free advice. Before you try to but people down make sure you know what you are talking about and more to the point make sure you know their full name then people might listen to you

Glad to see you've managed to turn off your caps lock PM :D

Think you'll find that the majority of posters on here have one thing in common... ie they CARE !

PS How come you have managed to get a 4 star rating on the forum after only 4 postings :D

Originally posted by observer:

Sadly the objective of political parties and politicians, is to win sufficient public popularity to win an election, which foster a myopic outlook. :(

:D:D:wink:

'Vision'.... a word or foresight that is rarely used or acted upon :wink:

Who are you replying to PM ? Your CAPS LOCK is back on by the way :P

Winning at all costs definatley does not gain total respect in life though and most respected leaders do tend to listen too....

Anyway good luck in whatever it is you are trying to achieve.

Originally posted by paul maher:

what the spelling of paul or do you think that everyone with the name maher is a councilor.

He meant your awful spelling, such as "click" and "replyed", not forgetting the caps lock issue you seem to have.

Obviously you are not a councillor, perhaps you are attempting to pose as him to put him in a bad light, for sure no elected person would ever be so overtly antagonistic.

[ 13.03.2008, 09:22: Message edited by: fatshaft ]

Originally posted by xyz:

Thanks Fatshaft.

I'll check out Callands Rd and Old Hall as you say and add them to the map if I find them.

Anybody found any more?

XYZ

Sorry XYZ we seem to have become somwhat distracted from your topic...

I've not spotted any over my neck of the woods yet(other than on Bridge Lane, near to the school) but if I do I'll let you know. :D

There are some roads that could definately do with some measure of traffic claming though :o