Zoe Renault?

observer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Sue..... it has done less than 2500 miles from new; so not even run in yet!! (I have another which is identical which I am rebuilding at the moment and that has only don 30,000 from new)

As for hiring it out, I would not really fancy that as a mate of mine hired his mint Cortina 1600E to the BBC and it was used by Andrew Marr in his history of Britain show (the 1960's one of course)..... if you watch the opening credits, you see him driving it through deep puddles and mud!! It took my mate weeks to get it clean again!

Baz J, just been on Wikipedia did a little research on the Corsair, some very interesting variations, thinking back my brother had one in about '73 and then it was probably 6-7 years old, it was a factory blue and not as stylish as previous models, probably less chrome, maybe at the time of production of this car you would not give it a second look, however with the advancement of time and car design, the Ford Corsair stands out as a classic style and looks like a real head turner today. :wink:

It also smashed 13 world records while lapping the Monza circuit in Italy for 3 days and 3 nights and averaged over 100mph (the first production car ever to do so) which was more than 20mph faster than the previous record!!

It is still considered to be the ginger brother of the Cortina though!! :lol: