Appleton?? Millenium Green

Dizzy

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Re Thursdays news....

When was 'Lumb Brook' Millenium Green renamed as 'Appleton' Millenium Green :confused:

Maybe at the point the Trustees decided they wanted Appleton Parish Council to take it over.
But the PC haven't taken it over so it's still Lumb Brook Millenium Green. That's what it's registered as too.

...and even if the PC do take over responsibility of it why do they want to change it's name anyway :confused:

Odd, I thought I had posted a comment saying that the Charity Number 10786779 on the leaflet asking residents what they wanted to do is wrong....and that the name Lumb Brook Millenium Green Trust does not come up on the Charities Commission website. Can anybody help me with the correct number and/or name.

Odd, I thought I had posted a comment saying that the Charity Number 10786779 on the leaflet asking residents what they wanted to do is wrong....and that the name Lumb Brook Millenium Green Trust does not come up on the Charities Commission website. Can anybody help me with the correct number and/or name.

It is on the charity commission website :P

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/showcharity.asp?remchar=true&chyno=1078679

Obviously I have no idea about their accounts (other than what's on the Charity Commission web site) but I'm sure they are far easier to do than the ones I have to do.

Millenium Green : Funding comes in... and maintenance costs go out.

Can't be that much going out other than Grass cutting? dog bins? odd bit of planting? maintenence on pathways maybe? and Public Liability Insurance.

Sounds a doddle to me :D

As for what happens if all the Trustees resign and then the PC wont take it on... I doubt that will actually happen :wink:

The PC needs to think long and hard before taking on such a liability. I notice one of the Trustees wishing to retire is also a Parish Councillor.

The problem with many of these projects is that long term funding is never thought through or put into place. Maybe the Woodland Trust might be a more appropriate guardian of this site.

The PC needs to think long and hard before taking on such a liability. I notice one of the Trustees wishing to retire is also a Parish Councillor.

The problem with many of these projects is that long term funding is never thought through or put into place. Maybe the Woodland Trust might be a more appropriate guardian of this site.

Why is it a liability :D

Just takes a little bit of work, imagination and forward thinking.. there's so much more that can be done here :D

I think I'm talking myself into a Trustee job here... my vision has been awakened :D:o

If she needs any advise, I am available for a consultation.....but it won't be good news. Guess her ?1 million is now worthless.....easy come easy go. :wink: Funny how in the artcle her estranged husband seems to think the local Council will be able to get it sorted. Welcome to the real world.

Politicians such as Jowell are now reaping what they have sown.

[ 24.03.2008, 15:21: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

They apparently bought the agricultural land last year (wthout mentioning they were gyppos of course). They moved in on Good Friday when the council offices were closed which gave them time to set up a water supply, lay electricity cables, install a spetic tank and lay concrete pathways before the council enforcement blokes could act. Fast workers or what :D

The gyppos are boasting that it could take upto 8 years to get them evicted of their own land :D

The bloke at Grappenhall Ridge paid ?155,000 for agriculural land worth.....?6,000.
To be fair Paul,the land did have permission for smallholding use,together with water & electricity,so worth more than just agricultural land.Still doesn't make it right what happened.

Two Acre Park (it's less actually) in Walton village must have been a snip at ?6000 - was last of the old Walton Arms pub farmland and sold with a covenant against any buildings on site - after 2 x 4 years temp permission now part way through 10 years temp permission - guess when this comes to an end the travellers will get permanent permission and land will be taken out of green belt - it could never be economically restored to agricultural land as all the top soil was removed, and probably sold, years ago.

8)8)

[ 24.03.2008, 23:30: Message edited by: Pedro ]