Fatty Tax

Dizzy

Why tax food at all?

Surely the answer is for people to be weighed regularly and sent a bill for however much they are over their normal weight range band! Much more of an incentive don't you think? :lol::lol:

And who is going to decide what weight you should be? The government? Forgive me if I sound a bit sceptical, but I think your idea needs a bit of refinement :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Why tax food at all?

Surely the answer is for people to be weighed regularly and sent a bill for however much they are over their normal weight range band! Much more of an incentive don't you think? :lol::lol:

And who is going to decide what weight you should be? The government? Forgive me if I sound a bit sceptical, but I think your idea needs a bit of refinement :roll::roll::roll::roll:

The Government already uses recommended healthy weight range bands calculated by something to do with height to weight ratio.

The health police use Body Mass Index to label people as obese or not.

A persons BMI is calculated by dividing their weight in kilos by their height in meters squared. A BMI of 25 labels you as overweight, 30 means you're obese.

BMI completely ignores what it is that a persons body is made up of, fat or muscle. And since muscle is significantly heavier than fat virtually anyone who is reasonably fit and isn't a complete beanpole will be labelled as obese. As an example, a man of 14 stone would have to be over 6' 4" not to be classed as overweight, and if he's only 5' 11" then he's obese - so that's pretty much every professional rugby player, boxer and body builder in the country classed as a fatty!

They all get included in the pseudo-statistics purporting to show that over 40% of UK men are overweight or obese.

If more people get fit and put on some muscle mass, then the number of people who are labelled "overweight" actually increases, and the "problem" is claimed to be getting worse! Health "professionals" then demand more resources to tackle the "obesity epidemic" and it all becomes yet another gravy train for the health facists to jump on and ride at public expense.

Completely agree with you about BMI index calculations and the formula that is used Inky. The results are oftem be misleading depending on fitness, muscle mass, weight vs height.

At one time doctors used to use a 'pincher' to physically measure the amount of fat around people's middles and arms etc to determine wether they were overweight although surely it is obvious by just LOOKING at someones physique.

Speaking personally though I have to disagree with my doctor when he says I need to loose some weight... My weight is absolutely fine I'm just not tall enough :lol: Surely he could concentrate more on my height issue and do something about that it as 5' 5" is a bit diddy :D

Maybe they could set up a permenant testing zone on the broken escalator in the golden square :wink:

By the way... is it annoying anyone else....

for the past few days everytime I come on this section there is a revolving bright red advertising banner with smiling people who then start to disapear at the top of the page which says '1 in 3 people suffering a heart attack DIE before they get to hospital'

Not nice for anyone who has lost someone to a heart attack !!

oooh don't do it dizz, gary will get very upset with you :lol::lol:

until you pointed it out i never noticed the add. not that it will do me much good. my heart rate is normally between 48 when sitting to around 60 when climbing stairs occasionally gets up to 80 if i am doing something vigorous.

(could be why i am yawning all the time)

according to the bmi calculation i am overweight having a bmi of 25.61.

weight of 83 kilos and a height of 1.8 metres.mind you it is a while since i stepped on the scales so the weight is a guesstimate may be a couple of kilos either way.

rather amusing watching the ads now and how they 'evolve' althought it's rather like being stalked :?

Top of this page WAS showing a '7 day diet plan meal delivery service' prior to me actually logging in.

Login page showed an 'All You Can Eat in Machester = 70% off' advert.

And now I have logged in it's back to '1 in 3 dying before they reach hospital'

:roll::lol:

At least I'm reading them now I suppose..... time to block ads I think as they are distracting and frustrating me now :oops::lol:

So.... back to BMI etc...

You have a realy low pulse rate Evils are you an athlete.

Mines around 70 when resting but can go upto 180 when I'm on here :lol::wink: