Dirty Dancing?

Wingnut

Ann Widdecombe/Anton Du?Beck.

It was like watching a tug boat dragging the Ark Royal into harbour says one of the judges on Strictly Comes Dancing.

I still can?t get me head around it. Funny and entertaining to watch? Yes. But as a dancer? Yer?ve got ter be joking cock.

If Widdy wants to get back in the public limelight, she would do better as a pantomime dame now that the season is upon us.

If the Beeb want to create some kind of talent show, why not just randomly drag people in off the street who have no dancing talent what so ever? Surely that would serve more of a purpose than watching dried up old has beens who have had their faces stretched out of all proportion in a vain attempt to regain some youthfull looks.

Is it meant to be some kind of talent show? Or is it purely Saturday night entertainment? Reet then, where?s me dancin shoes? I?ll show em how it?s done. Anyone fer a quick cha cha cha outside t?Parr Hall? Or how about me and Dizzy doin a Fred and Ginger up and down the Town Hall steps?

And who better to have on the panel of judges than Dizzy, Lt Kige, Obs, and meself. Now that would be entertainment. :D:D:D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol: Don't think it would be fair for me to be a contestant and on the judging panel though Wingy so you will have to find another partner for the town hall step routine .... and could we have gags for the other two judges :wink:

Infact they could do the Fred and Ginger routine... I can just imagine it now :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

it is part entertainment and part cheap programming. (as well as getting people to shell out money to vote)

as for the fred and ginger routine down the town hall steps,much as that idea has in the way of entertainment you would never get permission under elf and safety.

mind you it could be a way of the council getting a few bob in the coffers to pay for the xmas bonuses. :twisted:

That's right Sue they do say that, something that I had missed. But then surely the judges are out of context with the show? Or is that all part of it? Then again I would say, top marks for Widdy in coming out and doing what she did last week.

My tip for the best couple are Natalie Lowe and Scott Maslen. There Vienese waltz on Halloween night was superb. And they got the highest marks in the contest so far, for that one dance. Makeup was fantastic.

Wingnut, for me it wil be either between Matt Baker or Kara Tointon, I think she has effortless movement when dancing and a pleasure to watch, but it would be great if Ann could win or at least get to the final, but as you say, it is a ploy to get viewer ratings.

Come on Ann, bring it on!

I thought you were better than that Sue.

Surely the idea of the program is to bring in a cross section of "famous people" into a strange environment and see how they learn how to dance.

There is a judging panel to comment and criticise and the last thing that is needed is ignorant Joe Public making fools of themselves and "voting" for their favourites.

AW should never have gone there in the first place, and vain Gaven should have gone weeks ago.

BBC are going the same way as ITV with their stupid gormless shows.

Wingnut, for me it wil be either between Matt Baker or Kara Tointon, I think she has effortless movement when dancing and a pleasure to watch, but it would be great if Ann could win or at least get to the final, but as you say, it is a ploy to get viewer ratings.

Come on Ann, bring it on!

I thought you were better than that Sue.

Nope, I am not, sorry to dissapoint!

• 2 weeks later...

The big night in the Blackpool Tower Ballroom.

What a right smashing place that is. But what a Pity it went to waste for the majority of dancers. Len Goodman was the doughnut of the night, if I'd have been there with a custard cream in me hand, he'd have gor it straight in the mug. I lost count of how many times he contradicted himself with his judges remarks to various dancers. Get back with the donkeys on the beech you silly gormless nit.

And what was Pamela Stephenson trying to do scrambling up her partners back to sit on his shoulders in the Samba? Sorry cock, I don?t know about Samba Caramba, you were far too umpa lumpa?ish for my likeing.

But what about that American Smooth by ( forgot his name) Look, it's on the tip of me tongue It was amazing. But he got marked down for his three back flips at the end of his dance. It?s Blackpool cock, wake up and smell the candyfloss, toffee apples and chips.

Felickerty Kendal?? That sums her up. Just a big question mark with a face wrapped in clingfilm.

Poor owld Widdy. Did she slip and fall at the end? Or was that rehearsed? Full marks to her for that though. I couldn?t help but think of Quasi Modo every time she laughed.

Scott and Natile. How did Scott do? Don?t ask me, I was too busy watching Natile strutting her stuff. Wowzer!

Kara and Atem.. Just A?MAZE?ING