Lib Dem Charging - makes sense

Dizzy

Quite suprised after reading the latest Lib Dem Warrington Focus newsletter that came through my door.... something in it actually made sense and is a very good idea :shock::lol:

Local MEP Chris Davies (never heard of him though :oops: ) has called for the EU to cut costs and ged rid of waste by... wait for it....

..... introducing common standards for phone chargers and other electrical appliances such as digital cameras, mp3 players, laptops, game consoles etc etc.

Now wether that is feasible I don't know as I'm not an electrician.

Off the top of my head I've just counted that we must have over 12 different types of chargers that we currently use not to mention all the old ones that we no longer need.

The only reasons we import food and commodities half way round the world by air - is normally because of demand for ever cheaper products and in some cases, cos we can't produce them here. I don't consider the importation of prawns from Madagascar for example, essential to our well being. :roll:

well having red all the posts so far four or five times i can honestly say that i need more sleep or more coffee. :lol:

for the life of me i cannot figure out how we managed to get from a universal battery charger to the merits of importing tobacco and prawns.

perhaps a few more hours sleep will help :?:?:twisted:

for the life of me i cannot figure out how we managed to get from a universal battery charger to the merits of importing tobacco and prawns.

perhaps a few more hours sleep will help :?:?:twisted:

:lol::lol:

May I suggest that we 'ban' Obs and PJ from certain types of more general topics and create them their own area to 'chat' in :lol::lol::wink: