New Travellers Pitch in the South of Warrington

Geoff Settle

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst that link does indeed take you to the PINS website and the appeal reference is correct, there is absolutely no information available for download.

I am a bit confused because the PINS website appears to indicate that the appeal has been conjoined with another case which is to be determined by the Informal Hearing route (hence no Public Inquiry). However, even on the "linked case" website it is evident that there are no documents available.

Trip to the Council might be in order here...

How typical :roll:

The PINS web site simply says

'We regret that we are not currently publishing documents for this appeal. You can however view the documents at the offices of the local planning authority whose name appears on the Case Summary. They may also publish appeal documents on their own website.

What is the point in all these websites having the facilities to view documents online if they don't bother putting the damn things on for the public to access. Given the opening times of our local Planning Department it's almost impossible for anyone to view paper copies of files and documentation unless you are retired or on the dole :roll::evil:

Makes you wonder doesn't it and surely with a case like this the info should be more accessible :roll: but then again if people had the time to read, thoroughly digest and understand it all at leisure from their own armchair there would probably be more objections and comments :wink:

Dear WBC Planning Department..... please upload all the appeal documents onto YOUR website as you did refuse the application so presumably you are still against it and backing the residents... thank you 8)

Jeeze - nothing like keep the interested public away from the realm of planning in order to desperately try and maintain an air of mystique about what is, in essence, quite an easy profession :!: Unfortunately, common sense seems to be weeded out as part of the selection process to actually get a job at WBC so we will just have to struggle on :roll:

As for not scanning documents, bung 'em through a Canon scanner at 240dpi black and white and it will eat a 500 page document in about 5 minutes - job done :!:

I wonder what the Council will do if the first member of the public to speak at the Inquiry states that their rights have been infringed by the Council's manifest failure to disseminate information connected with the Inquiry in time to allow adequate preparation, and as such the Inquiry should be postponed, with all costs connected to the delay being paid by the Council :twisted:

I don't really need to read the Council's case to know that it will be thinner than the paper it is printed on. A pitiful performance from start to inevitable end I reckon. If the Inspector refuses this appeal it will be in spite of the Council rather than because of the Council :wink:

I bet you all have some fantastic conspiracy theorys. WBC witholding documents and adding dates to an enquiry, it's the end of the world...

Lets just remeber that this is a site for 4 caravans on land which was formally derelict and an eyesore.... the only reason anyone cares is because it's in a posh bit of town..... ooooh not near my house etc etc.

I wonder if there would be mass leaflet drops and meetins in the pub with Councillors from WBC if this was near me in Orford.... I think not.

Why are Councillors having secret meetins in pubs with residents? or other Councillors posting here despite telling everyone they could no longer be involved ??

I hope the same WBC councillors rush out and support us when Travellers pull in in Orford???????

Welcome to the forum Warrington Reseident :D Guess something about this has really got on your nerves eh :wink:

I bet you all have some fantastic conspiracy theorys. WBC witholding documents and adding dates to an enquiry, it's the end of the world...

Conspiracy theories... mmmm 8) The problem, as I see it, is that here we have an appeal to the inspectorate on a application that WBC quite rightly refused. Such is the planning process I guess :roll: As such the decision is now taken out of the hands of our planning department although of course they have to substantiate their reasons for refusal along with additional comments and objections (once again) from members of the public etc.. Now if the later do not have easy access to the appeal details and other documentation then how can they be expected to comment :? As McBain pointed out earlier this point could be used against the either side (guess the details will all be online tomorrow then :D )

Lets just remeber that this is a site for 4 caravans on land which was formally derelict and an eyesore.... the only reason anyone cares is because it's in a posh bit of town..... ooooh not near my house etc etc.

Nothing to do with it being in what you call a posh bit of town. The fact is that it is protected Green Belt land which has been privately bought by travellers, as such has had a change of use and the new owners then decided to apply for retrospective planning permission after setting up home on the site. Had I bought the land for example and then put 2 caravans on it for us to live in then I wouldn't have a leg to stand on in the same way that a developer would NOT buy it as they would know that they would never gain planning permission.

However due to ridiculous government rulings and good solicitors on the side of the travellers they do have far more rights than we do and that can sometimes overturn the rules for protected green belt land etc etc......

So give this appeal the go ahead and it will become the norm and before we know it pieces of so called protected land or any other land for sale will be snapped up by the traveling community.

I wonder if there would be mass leaflet drops and meetins in the pub with Councillors from WBC if this was near me in Orford.... I think not.

If residents were against it and your councillors decided to backed you (which sadly can't always be guaranteed :roll: ) then yes I'm sure it would be the same.

Why are Councillors having secret meetins in pubs with residents? or other Councillors posting here despite telling everyone they could no longer be involved ??

A pub is a public place no not really secret and once again good to see councillors interacting and backing residents... after all that is what they are elected to do :wink:

I hope the same WBC councillors rush out and support us when Travellers pull in in Orford???????

I'm sure they would although 'pulling up' and 'buying and moving in' are slightly different :shock:

PS I don't live near to the site in question so it doesn't actually affect me but it is the principle of the matter and the consequences for the future should this one appeal be successful.

The flood gates will have been opened :shock:

.......but Dis, it is in a Posh bit of town. Not just what Warrington Resident calls it; it is what everyone calls it!

As for the pikeys, they just have everyone running around in circles because nobody is allowed to upset them in case it infringes their huuuman rites and as has been proven in the past; most councils will capitulate to their demands rather than to fight expensive court cases.

Warrington objected against the planning and made a decsision; but playing the system as they do along with their lawyers and websites and god knows what else, It wouldn't suprise me if they don't win in the end...... green belt or not

.......but Dis, it is in a Posh bit of town. Not just what Warrington Resident calls it; it is what everyone calls it!

I see what you mean and yes it is rather posh and I for one will never be able to afford to live there. But what I was trying to say is that regardless of where it is it should not be allowed.

I would feel the same if it was happening in Bewsey (where my other half grew up), Orford where we have no ties whatsoever or anywhere else for that matter. It's just not right. I'm not a snob and never have been nor will be and I'm definately not a 'not on my doorstep' type of person.

As for the pikeys, they just have everyone running around in circles because nobody is allowed to upset them in case it infringes their huuuman rites and as has been proven in the past; most councils will capitulate to their demands rather than to fight expensive court cases.

Exactly my point. Travellers have more rights and everyone is scared of treading on dodgy ground. They all pay into a pot for expensive legal representatin when it's needed :evil: The sort that you and I could never afford or have the chance of winning. They will rip local council legal representations to bits if given half a chance as that is all they do. Which is why quite often the objecing party back down.

Warrington objected against the planning and made a decsision; but playing the system as they do along with their lawyers and websites and god knows what else, It wouldn't suprise me if they don't win in the end...... green belt or not

Same comment as above. The decision has been taken out of the local planning/development control hands and as such and decision made now either way is someone else's fault. If the travellers win then WBC can pat themselves on the back and say that they did try to stop it... and if the travellers loose then WBC can pat themselves on the back harder :roll:

Stale mate situation if you ask me. I just hope that I am wrong and that the council put some extra legal effort in that they are obviously capable of when the need arises :wink:

Er excuse me, what is posh about that particular area? It borders on an industrial estate. :?

The "posh" area is Pewtespear and Lyons Lane.

The top of broad lane is just average farming.

Post code and general perception of a named location ie 'Grappenhall' of course Peter... :?

In the same way as people hear the word Appleton and say its posh but Appleton also houses the cobs estate which is far from posh.

The top of broad lane is just average farming.

& 4 flats in an ex barn that were for sale at ?1million EACH up to 2 years ago.Then the pikeys moved in,now yours for just ?1/2 million each. :roll:

That says more about the people who bought them, not the area. ?1 million for a converted barn barn 100 yards away from a busy heavy goods road?

Do you have proof as to why the value has dropped? Nothing to do with the current trend by any chance?

Dismayed, don't forget the Golf course. :wink:

Post Code again peter :wink:

At the same time that some of the Appleton Pewterspear houses were built exactly the same houses were built at Westbrook.... but the latter were over ?150,000 cheaper to buy :shock:

As for golf courses who cares... golf is boring :lol:

Oh to have upwards of 1/2 million to spend on a house though... I certainly wouldn't be looking for one round here though when you consider what you can get elsewhere for that amount of money :shock:

Do you have proof as to why the value has dropped? Nothing to do with the current trend by any chance?

The *current trend* is a drop of 10%,according to the latest figures from Nationwide today.These have dropped 50% because of the travellers living 100yards away. :roll:

I know somebody who was ( and still is) trying to sell one of them prior to the travellers moving on to the land that they had purchased, prospective buyer's solicitor did a search, highlighted the situation, buyer pulled out. In the current situation where sellers are chasing buyers, any problem and buyers will walk away especially at that level where buyers of expensive houses are rather fickle with everything having to be just right, and the only possible way to counter the problem is to dramatically reduce the price.....and sometimes as people at Grappenhall Ridge are finding is that doesn't work either.

The "posh" area is Pewtespear and Lyons Lane.

Not sure the folk in the Firs Lane & Field Lane area of Appleton would agree with you. :wink::D:D:D

Certain enclaves off Longwood Road are very posh :D:D:D

One must take your word for it, being a local campaigner has who walked the beat. :wink:

The *current trend* is a drop of 10%,according to the latest figures from Nationwide today.These have dropped 50% because of the pikeys living 100yards away. :roll:

Ouch 50% is one heck of a drop.... :shock:

Guess I may be able to afford to move to the Grappenhall 'countryside' after all :wink::?

News in brief today reports that

BOROUGH planning chiefs have thrown out a plan for a temporary mobile home at Clough Farm, Wilton Lane, Culcheth, near Warrington.

Planning reference is 2008/13164 for anyone who's interested.

Now I understand where your sudden interest came from 8)

You don't need to worry as the site in Orford is apparently for elderly people who may like to live in caravans rather than for travellers. :?:

Really :wink:

That would surely be a decision for your local Councillors, it is for them to decide how they wish to represent and support their residents and the nature of their communications with residents. The leaflets in question were delivered by local residents. Interestingly Cartridge Lane/Broad Lane residents formed an action group.

and on the second point why would they do that if they don't live near or represent Orford.

Doesn't the planning application in question come within the Poplars & Hulme Ward....maybe I'm wrong as I get a bit confused with the boundaries.