New Travellers Pitch in the South of Warrington

Geoff Settle

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's happening with this issue then any idea? All seems to have gone quiet.

I notice the retrospective planning application went in and was registered on 10 Dec along with a 44 page detailed document supporting the reasons why the applicant's proposals should be considered and approved.

It makes a very interesting read :wink:

Originally posted by BazJ:

Thought most of them couldn't even read or write.... amazing what you can learn if it suits you I guess!

He cant read it says so in the planning application documentation (application 2007/12024) under 'view plans'... bet the producers of the detailed report charged him a few quid though :wink:

link http://212.248.237.123:8080/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=2007/12024&backURL=Search%20Criteria%20>%20Search%20Criteria'>Search%20Results

Originally posted by Dismayed:

So what's happening with this issue then any idea? All seems to have gone quiet.

I notice the retrospective planning application went in and was registered on 10 Dec along with a 44 page detailed document supporting the reasons why the applicant's proposals should be considered and approved.

It makes a very interesting read :wink:

All objections have to be in by 15 Jan, Officers will make a recommendation shortly afterwards, either way it goes to the Planning Committee on 30 Jan.

Only problem with objecting Paul is that the new search facility on the council's planning web site (which is actually very good indeed.. can't believe I said that !! ) displays scanned copies of objections along with the objectors name, address, phone number and comments... :o:o

In most instances this wont pose a problem, and I'm not saying that it would in this case, but you never know with some unscrupulous people/developers :o

Originally posted by legion:

what I dont get about picks is if they love the life on the open road so much, why do they keep battling to stay put ?

They want the best of all worlds I think Legion, and it seems that our system is daft enough to allow them to get away with it. It is worth noting that planning applications are normally for pitches comprising 2 caravans, I fixed one and a travelling one :redmad:

Only problem with objecting Paul is that the new search facility on the council's planning web site (which is actually very good indeed.. can't believe I said that !! ) displays scanned copies of objections along with the objectors name, address, phone number and comments... :wink:

I notice that only a few of the many objections that have been submitted are currently online at the moment.

In most instances this wont pose a problem, and I'm not saying that it would in this case, but you never know with some unscrupulous people/developers :o

[ 14.01.2008, 12:33: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

LOL....it certainly does. At least I am consistant in my views whereas you edited my post last time, this time you didn't...an indecisive and inconsistant moderator?? whatever next :wink:

I can back it up Peter, don't you worry as can about 99.9999 percent of the population too I bet

And all I can say is that if it has now come to the point where we are defending our "travelling friends" to the point where human rights get in the way of freedom of speech and truth; then the world truly has gone bloody crazy.

[ 15.01.2008, 23:50: Message edited by: BazJ ]

A little over the top though eh :P

I don't think it was over the top at all. They are everything I have said they are and probably more besides and should have no place in our society.

Even their own country of origin frowns upon their existance. It is only here in bloody soft Britain that we put up with it