New Travellers Pitch in the South of Warrington

Geoff Settle

The poster says Orford, WBC list it as P & H. :wink:

Back to the topic, I was at the Public Enquiry yesterday, some of the argument was "interesting" and even involved the Walton site.....and the new planning application at Brook House, Sandy Lane West and I quote the Applicant's Agent:

"I confirm that the proposed caravan site is not intended for use by gypsies and travellers because client considers that on-site working would not be compatible with surrounding residential properties"

WBC's Senior Planning Officer performed very well.....at times with some great humour.

Not sure at all what will be decided, at times I thought a 2/3 year consent might be given, at others I thought the Appeal would be rejected but the Appellant given a longer period to vacate the site:?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand that when it comes to getting pikeys shifted, you are saying if it isn't in a particular councillors ward why should he get involved? Because they are travellers and have not rights to ride over all of the planning laws that every bugger else has to abide by. Every one of the councillors should be fighting tooth and nail to get rid of them; regardless of where they represent.

Protocol Baz and getting involved in other Councillor's Wards, that is why I by and large ceased my involvement with Cartridge Lane after 1st May, I did however print up some leaflets a few days ago for them on a high speed printer I have access to. One of the residents who I know asked, so that people knew when the Public Enquiry was being held, local residents delivered them. I also attended the Enquiry yesterday...for most of the day....to see what goes on...so a bit of a training excercise as well as showing support for people I know. 2 other Councillors were there, 1 from G & T and 1 from Appleton plus an Appleton Parish Councillor....apols if I missed any who were there but I just didn't see them.

If there is a general debate on G & Ts then no doubt many Councillors would get involved. However it is Central Government who have laid down the guidelines regarding their "rights" etc.

I recall that when The Cartridge Lane application came before the Dec Control Comm, 3 Councillors voted to approve the application....and I rather sensed 1 Exec Councillor was also for approving the application!

It is interesting to point out that Warrington's largest G & T site is in Walton, part of the Ward I represent.....before "Warrington Resident" gets on his/her high horse again! :wink:

PS There are about 192,000 Warrington residents

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So the travellers have won their appeal and are now allowed to stay on Grappenhalls green belt land after all :roll::roll:

Well what's 'allowed' for them should also be allowed for the rest of us.

Anyone got a lovely bit of greenbelt land that I can stick my caravan on and live there for the next 3+ years.

Credit crunch and mortgage worries over for me if anyone will oblige 8)

This will be the next traveller's site in Grappenhall by the look of it :-

http://www.brownrural.com/properties/html/land_at_grappenhall__cheshire.html

The council could quite legally compulsory lease this land for the purpose of providing allotment land for (at the last time I checked) ?75 per acre per annum for up to 30 years. Gypsy camp or allotments? I know which I would prefer.

The council could quite legally compulsory lease this land for the purpose of providing allotment land for (at the last time I checked) ?75 per acre per annum for up to 30 years. Gypsy camp or allotments? I know which I would prefer.

They probably could do it PJ...... if the land belonged to any kind of law abiding citizen with honest intentions for the land; however because the land belongs to pikeys there would no doubt be hell to pay if they even tried.

They probably could do it PJ...... if the land belonged to any kind of law abiding citizen with honest intentions for the land; however because the land belongs to pikeys there would no doubt be hell to pay if they even tried.

But pikeys have not bought it yet Baz J, well I don't think so.

What an absolute load of pikey loving politically correct codswallop.

No wonder this bloody country is in the state it is in when these people can do whatever they like and get away with it whilst the rest of us have to suffer the consequences.

I mean why do Nomads need a permanant base? probably because they have to travel to find work because they can't go to the same place twice I guess (allegedly)

The whole thing stinks..... and I din't even live in the area

They had some of these nomads on 5 live today and they too were bleating on about how hard done to they are and how people don't understand their way of life. They even stated on national radio that it wasn't them and their likes who leave all the mess and crap on the sites they occupy but rather it was other people who dumped sofas and bin bags on the land to get the pikeys a bad name..... I ask you!! :lol:

As clear as mud but with the expected conclusion and somewhat confusing omissions by way of replies from certain parties :?:roll:

I shall remain silent and leave it to those who are really affected by the decision to voice their comments...... apart from saying that the travellers caravan site at Walton (which has grown and is also on similar land) started with same 'temporary' approval many years ago :wink:

Seems like the trend has now been set.... so I ask again, 'has anyone got any spare greenbelt land suitable for a few caravans for my family to live on' 8):?