Bin collections cease!

observer

Binmen always collect from the rear of my property its one straight run and very easy.....

However, if the council would prefer me to drag my heavy bin round to the front then no problem apart for the fact that it will look a mess. :D:wink::P

I vote we just take all the bins in the town and dump them on the bloody town hall lawns.... this bunch of highwaymen in the council are getting worse.

Time to start a resistance movement I think....

Its all very well having local elections for councillors, but if the people actually making these bloody stupid decisions are on the payroll, nothing will actually stop them other than direct action!

well thats obvious isn't it?

you should carefully seperate out all of the paper, garden waste, food waste, plastic, cardboard, wood, polystyrene, clothes, shoes, old electrical goods, toys etc. (spend a few hours doing this for maximum effect)

Then, pack it all into your newly acquired Toyota Prius and drive to the gatewarth recycling site; preferably at the weekend. After queing up for 40 minutes to get in, carefully spend even more time placing the goods and waste into the correct areas and recepticles.

Then stand back and watch as a load of legalised pikeys scrabble through all of your carefully bagged and recycled materials; pulling out anything and everything that they can sell at Earletown market on a Saturday or stick on EBay the following week.

Originally posted by BazJ:

I vote we just take all the bins in the town and dump them on the bloody town hall lawns.... this bunch of highwaymen in the council are getting worse.

Time to start a resistance movement I think....

Its all very well having local elections for councillors, but if the people actually making these bloody stupid decisions are on the payroll, nothing will actually stop them other than direct action!

Now there's a thought... Imagine the picure...a mass convoy of irate people all dragging their various wheelie bins (an rubbish)behind them to deposit all at the town hall :D

Only problem would be getting through the congested roads in Warrington.... but then again as pedestrians we would be able to use the pavements :D:D:wink:

Think Peter hit the bull's eye: a "Council Officer"; who doesn't live in the Town; brings in a new system to maximise the exploitation of the binmen. :roll: Point is: you pay for a service at a given level - IF that service is altered (without agreement with the customer); then the customer should be entitled to a refund - simple. :roll: As for the future, many a true word is spoken in jest: fly tipping (minus any incriminating evidence) WILL increase. :o

I don't know why they are worried about the binmens welfare.... one of my mates works on the bins (well a few actually) and he is built like a brick wall and could throw a mini in a skip let alone move a wheeley bin.... he actually works on my collection round here and he doesn't seem to be phased by a few heavy bins!

Originally posted by observer:

Never mind stupid rows over logos; perhaps Councillors now have something to rant about. :roll:

We have been doing this for months.

We have to take the bin to a collection point at either side of the street.

It is massively annoying especially if the weather is bad and it is a dark winter night.

• 4 months later...

Daily Mail

"Town hall bin police are to be given powers to stop, search and seize vehicles whose drivers are suspected of fly-tipping.

Under laws to be introduced next year, bin wardens working for councils will be able to order drivers to stop and then search their cars for black bags of household refuse.

They will be entitled to impound a family car if they think it is being used to dump rubbish unlawfully."

Interestingly I always thought the basis of our law was proof...not based on what somebody "thinks" as implied above. Some motorists might assume that the person who was trying to stop them, was in fact trying to hijack their car.......and run them over.

I can imagine a conversation.

"now sir (obviously a polite warden :wink: ) are those black bags I see in your car"

"yes, I'm taking them to the local council waste centre"

"don't believe you (or words to that effect), give me your car keys (or words to that effect."

This new law seems fraught with problems. Maybe the solution is to minimise the amount of waste we produce, provide an effective refuse collection service......and opt out of the EU Waste Directive....which I understand forces central government (who no doubt are willing accomplices)to charge local government....we the taxpayer, for sending waste to landfill.