Tough FA Cup draw

Gary

Stalybridge would bring a fair few - not so far away

Alfreton ought to bring some but probably less that SC.

If we win tonight then a crowd around 250-300 ought to be achieved for an FA Cup 3Q tie.

Come on Town!

If you look at the Stalybridge website picture gallery you will see the vast majority of supporters are from Alfreton who have been averaging 600-700 this season and topped 1k for a couple of games.

I think you will find they are the better suppoirted team and I would expect them to bring 200-300 if they visit Cantilever Park.

With home support of around 200 I would be hoping for a 500 gate plus may be a but more!

If you look at the Stalybridge website picture gallery you will see the vast majority of supporters are from Alfreton who have been averaging 600-700 this season and topped 1k for a couple of games.

I think you will find they are the better suppoirted team and I would expect them to bring 200-300 if they visit Cantilever Park.

With home support of around 200 I would be hoping for a 500 gate plus may be a but more!

Not really noticed ATFC's results at all recently, but therein lies a model of what might be possible here perhaps. I remember when we first crossed paths in the 90's. They had a run down (ish) ground and attracted about 100 supporters. Clearly times have changed.

Celtic will bring a few too I imagine though, but AT should now be favurites if the replay is on their own ground.

Here's hoping home advantage gives us the edge in seeing of Bamber Bridge.

See you all later?

Not really noticed ATFC's results at all recently, but therein lies a model of what might be possible here perhaps. I remember when we first crossed paths in the 90's. They had a run down (ish) ground and attracted about 100 supporters. Clearly times have changed.

Celtic will bring a few too I imagine though, but AT should now be favurites if the replay is on their own ground.

Here's hoping home advantage gives us the edge in seeing of Bamber Bridge.

See you all later?

Proper soccer fans will be out in force tonight - instead of watching those over paid nancy boys in the Champions league.

Could this be our Season to make the FA Cup headlines?? I really think we can beat Stalybridge as we have already shown this season we can match the top sides and beat them, if they play like they did against Chester and Lancaster then you just never know!!!

Salmon needs to start finishing his chances and a big Cup Upset could be on the cards...COME ON TOWN!!!

Against us in the FA Cup, Alfreton brought about 40. We took nearly 90 to the replay on a Tuesday night. That was without a coach. On Saturday, we had free entry, and Alfreton excelled themselves by bringing just over a hundred.

We have a coach booked and nearly filled for Saturday, so that's already 50.

Plus...We have the usual crowd in cars.

It's not far, and Celtic fans have a good ratio of home fans who travel compared to other clubs. I'll stick my neck out and say we will bring closer to 150 than 100.

I don't know which picture Gary is referring to that shows the vast majority as being Alfreton fans...Sure it's not away at Alfreton?

Anyway, should be a good tie, and although one person out of the 300 on our forum thinks we're already through, be assured that the rest of us remember going out to lower league teams on a number of occasions, and are not approaching this game as a foregone conclusion.

Iain

May well do...didn't want them to get worried and draft in a load of new supporters...

So...Ssssshhhh.

Iain

We are only expecting around 120 after contacting your club - so don't blame us if we run out of programmes and pies and there are long queues down the road to get in! :roll::wink: