Bailifs shut WBC office today

Dizzy

Pedantic ??!! am I not allowed to reply with my own honest opinions now then ? who pays for the 'assets' that the council 'supposedly owns' then ?? you, me and everyone else who is FORCED to pay this pain of a tax ........ I think Peter you may need to look up the real meaning of pedantic, as it can be applied in several ways. Giving an honest reply that is actually true isn't - if you knew the meaning - being pedantic !

You lost your sense of humour today?

IF the Council didn't rent these buildings on our behalf, what would you prefer?

(Don't they own the Town hall? :confused: )

Whilst we might not be happy with them, they are allegedly working on our behalf. And the flip side to that is that no-one questions what they do.

I posed the question about Councillors not so long back, and everyone seemed happy with their output.

Therefore I presume that must mean that folks are happy with WBC.

Who pays for the town hall then ????? or am I being pedantic asking that question ??

Can't you tolerate people's own opinions ?? is it because it grates to near to the bone ??

Forums are to express opinion on all kinds of subjects ......... and I'm expressing mine on this particular subject, much the same as everyone else does.

What is it about my particular reply that 'touched a nerve'?

I read the piece in the People. I thought that the sending of German offenders to a Siberian boot camp was made up. I mean, have Russia agreed to allow the transportation of German teenagers across its country. Or did they mean Siberian STYLE boot camps.

To get to the root causes:-

Higher the age of being able to purchase drink to 21.

Very stiff penalties for offenders.

Zero tolerance.

Originally posted by tonymailman:

Who pays for the town hall then ????? or am I being pedantic asking that question ??

Can't you tolerate people's own opinions ?? is it because it grates to near to the bone ??

Forums are to express opinion on all kinds of subjects ......... and I'm expressing mine on this particular subject, much the same as everyone else does.

What is it about my particular reply that 'touched a nerve'?

Tony,

Lighten up.

HOW can it touch a raw nerve? :(

With regards to the Town Hall and other council buildings....

Do they have to charge themselves council tax/buisiness rates... :D

If so what happens if for some reason they dont pay themselves on time :wink:

The NNDR rates on the Town Hall must be enormous :o