Cockup Cockedge

Bill

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my memory?s correct, they tried such methods in the USA many years ago with car share lanes and the likes only to find that people still preferred to put up with the longer queues rather than give up their personal transport.

Visiting the same area recently and all these roads have now been widened to deal with demand but there were no restrictive rules and certainly no bike lanes. :roll:

Bill :)

Adrian is right, this charging to use the bridge has been estimated to cause a huge amount of extra traffic through Warrington and the higher the toll the more impact on our town. I saw some figures a while ago and they were not for the faint hearted.

Adrian is right, this charging to use the bridge has been estimated to cause a huge amount of extra traffic through Warrington and the higher the toll the more impact on our town. I saw some figures a while ago and they were not for the faint hearted.

So I guess we could be seeing all Warrington roads reduced to 5mph or less then :evil: Maybe 20 wasn't so bad after all :wink:

Slightly off Cockhedge topic, but not by much :oops::lol:

For you oldies on here who can remember it..... :wink:

Do you think that the road infrastructure and traffic management is worse now at Bridge Foot since the new bridge was built and the road layout changed or was it better in the 50's/60's etc ?

Through there again this morning, 8:45am, lights are off and no more than the normal 3/4 cars sitting on each arm. Back through again at 9:30 and still no lights, still no queues.

Seems like the only time there has ever been queues is sicne the installation of these lights, and only when they are switched on.

Pure genius these council wallahs.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning was probably the worst I've ever seen it. The traffic just wasn't going anywhere and several cars were doing U turns on a main road to escape the chaos. I watched in utter disbelief as one van driver mounted the kerb, just about squeezed between the signs then cut across the grass to get out via Sainsburys.

Eventually we saw the lights go out and shortly after we got through realtivly easily.

Bill :)

• 2 weeks later...

Let's face it these lights are an abomination and some imbecile has to be responsible, if not for their installation then for the apparently random use.

Why can't someone in the council have the guts to speak up and admit it.

Warrington traffic is a joke at the best of times and these light have only added to the congestion, vehicle emissions and driver frustration.

The number of times I've seen narrow misses when people have thought "sod it" and gone through after they have gone red, simply because of the unnecessary delays they cause.

Our council's track record on traffic planning is beyond farcical so let's have someone on there do THEIR public the courtesy of listening and not simply deferring to some faceless beurocrat

that might not even exist.

Let's face it these lights are an abomination and some imbecile has to be responsible, if not for their installation then for the apparently random use.

Why can't someone in the council have the guts to speak up and admit it.

Warrington traffic is a joke at the best of times and these light have only added to the congestion, vehicle emissions and driver frustration.

The number of times I've seen narrow misses when people have thought "sod it" and gone through after they have gone red, simply because of the unnecessary delays they cause.

Our council's track record on traffic planning is beyond farcical so let's have someone on there do THEIR public the courtesy of listening and not simply deferring to some faceless beurocrat

that might not even exist.

Welcome to the forum Haggis - don't mince your words! :wink:

Awwww don't spoil it :lol:

Did wonder actually as it said Penketh/Sankey Way? and Great Sankey were gridlocked due to the snow they had this morning... although surely that would mean more people would have gone the Cockhedge Way to to avoid the jams.

Who knows... I'll report back again tomorrow morning if I have to venure that way again :wink: