Cockup Cockedge

Bill

To illustrate just how bad the traffic lights on the Cockhedge roundabout have made things, yesterday afternoon, I stopped for petrol at Sainsbury?s, filled up with 70 litres and rejoined the queue in front of the car that was previously before me! :lol::lol::lol:

Someone really ought to video the mayhem of traffic trying to enter this roundabout from Manchester Road, force the road planners to watch it, then demand an explanation of how they believe that this is progress!

Bill :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did I :lol::lol:

Anyway Bill I completely agree with you and think they should sit council traffic officers on a bright yellow chairs on the run up to the lights and on the roundabout to monitor the situation. Irate drivers could carry rotten tomatoes for something to do while they are stuck in the queues :wink:

Whenever I've passed that way (going either from the Sainsburys junction of the Cockhedge Junction) when the lights are ON it is a pain in the **** and the they certainly seem to to result in a LOT of congestion and tailbacks. The light do make it slightly easier to get out of awful junction from Midland Way though I am told :wink:

Got a bit of a dilema.

When I took my son to college via the Padgate route the other day we had a straight through journey with no delays BUT there were signs saying road works were about to start for 6 weeks just before the birchwood express way.

Day two we tested the other route through town and got completely delayed thanks to the cockhedge lights.

So next journey do we risk the roadworks or the cockhedge lights :shock:

Life shouldn't have to be this complicated :shock::lol:

the traffic lights are there to cause the nescessary congestion to justify the spending of money on them \\\\\\\\\\\\\\otherwise how would siemens survive without someone in wbc giving them some lights to install and manage? how would someone in wbc manage without siemen support?

Surely the answer is to buy your petrol somewhere else.

I never buy petrol from supermarkets because I don't think they should sell it. I would sooner keep petrol stations open. Too many are closing.

Similarly, I never buy alcohol from supermarkets. Sooner go to an off-licence. Too many of them closing too.

• 2 weeks later...

the cockhedge lights, i rang wbc to complain about them and was told some interesting things. 1, they were installed to relive congestion caused by cars qeueing to get into the cockhedge during the xmas period . (so god knows why there on 365 days a year) 2, wbc had no control over the installation it was government planning which made the cockhedge landowner install the lights at there own cost as part of planning permission to build the cockhedge center. (it's the same on cromwell avenue at the junction with calver rd the developer of a large piece of land was made to install the lights. ps the developer then went bust lol, still got the lights though) so ultimatley we have some pillock in london putting traffic lights up in warrington, causing absolute gridlock at times and then leaving wbc to deal with the consequences.

truly shocking!! they should be turned off and removed.

Why doesn?t that surprise me. It seems a bit odd given the amount of time since Cockhedge was built that lights only now appear.

The lights were on again at about 11am this morning. I went through without problem, dropped the wife off in town and on my return a few minutes later there were police cars and an ambulance dealing with some sort of collision (possible a bike).

Warrington?s road planners must be aware of how dangerous these lights have made the roundabout and should be able to tell their partners in crime at central government to get stuffed!

Bill :)

the cockhedge lights, i rang wbc to complain about them and was told some interesting things. 1, they were installed to relive congestion caused by cars qeueing to get into the cockhedge during the xmas period . (so god knows why there on 365 days a year) 2, wbc had no control over the installation it was government planning which made the cockhedge landowner install the lights at there own cost as part of planning permission to build the cockhedge center. (it's the same on cromwell avenue at the junction with calver rd the developer of a large piece of land was made to install the lights. ps the developer then went bust lol, still got the lights though)

I know no mechanism for this to be true. It's common under a section 106 agreement for a developer to have to contribute to traffic improvement measures, but these are negotiated by the Council. No-one from central government insists on it - they just passed the legislation to make it possible.

This says it was Golden Square who contributed (perhaps for allowing the extension?)

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/5888/1/Traffic-light-trial-at-busy-roundabout/Page1.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the cockhedge lights are currently on, there is no queuing traffic anywhere around the island except on manchester rd east where vehicles can't get on the roundabout because of the lights holding traffic on the roundabout. is it half term and someone brought a child in turning the traffic lights on and off ? or is somebody trying to justify the expense of this traffic management project.

theese lights just slow journey times down and cause congestion on roads that had no congestion before.

who can i phone to complain about this situation, somebody is responsible for traffic managment in warrington and i want my boot up his backside.

any info appreciated.

Traffic management & road safety Department:

Opening hours Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm

Telephone 01925 443322

Fax 01925 443255

Email traffic@warrington.gov.uk

Address

Traffic Management

Palmyra House

Palmyra Square

Warrington

WA1 1JN

Might be a misnomer whal but the info I gave was merely for info (as per basicfags request) as this is apparently the department that is responsible for providing, monitoring and recomending changes to the service we all receive....and the people within that department are being paid to do so ... at the request of those at the top no doubt... and eventually the decision lands infront of a group of people sat around a table who often don't read or understand the reports before they vote 'in favour' 8):wink:

Say no more eh :wink::lol:

time for a quick conspiracy theory.

i reckon that it is a ploy by the petrol producers to get more money. lots of cars idling away then moving six inches a minute for the next ten minutes = more petrol used = more petrol sold = more profit for the petrol producers.(and more in revenue for the government)

brown envelopes at twenty paces :wink: