Wire Flyer to Wembley

Jacqui

:?:cry: More important can anyone explain how the price for an adult on the train was just ?29 for the 2009 trip and in 2010 its gone up to ?51 !!! :x Talk about exploitation ???

Same Train, Same journey just another example of Rip off Britain at its best ..... :(

I must be looking at a different web site than you Indy as the Wire Flyer train tickets were ?49 for Adults last year. :?

Jacqui the times for LAST YEAR were apparently

Outward: Depart Bank Quay 07.35, arrive Wembley 12.10

Inward: Depart Wembley 18.37, arrive Bank Quay 23.11

THESE ARE LAST YEARS TIMES !!!!!!!! NOT THIS YEARS (incase anyone makes a note and misses their train on the 28th :lol::oops:

Last year my partner went on the Wire flyer and got home a couple of hours after me due to diversions because of work being done on the tracks. I went on the coach which was cheaper and quicker.

Network Rail tends to carry out more works on the lines over Bank Holidays due to less trains running, so you need to be prepared for possible diversions and delays.

We are both travelling by coach this year.... :D

Give the Wire Flyer a big swerve.

It was ok on the outward journey last year but the return journey was an absolute nightmare.

The Train was very late picking us up from Wembley - everyone was stood around for about 1 1/2 hours waiting and then when we got to Crewe we were diverted to Manchester which added another 1/2 on to the journey.

As another poster stated network rail carry out alot of repairs/maintenance on bank holiday weekends so beware :lol:

:shock: Dizzy, my partner at the time of last years train paid ?29 per head for the train. Well the train is long gone and so is she .... :?

Got a brand new model though lol xx much younger, great bodywork and plenty of miles left on the clock .... lol

:lol::lol: Your new model must be very patient considering all the outings you have with your spade and the time you spend making films :lol::wink:

As for the ?29... I only found last years price cos I was looking for this years travel options and somehow finished up looking at last years info. Wondered why it said the 29th :lol::oops:

Tut tut.... heading for a relationship downfall there Indy.. after all you take your dog with you :lol::wink:

...but the other hand perhaps she really likes getting rid of you for hours on end, maybe she will pay for you to go to Wembley for the week :lol::P

Give it a miss... I was on the train last year and going wasnt a problem getting there about 2hrs 30 before kick off but on the way back was terrible, like CP has said the train was very late picking people up and then went to Manchester before getting home about 23:30... Never again.

The second train last year was diverted to Euston and people had to change from there to Wembley after it was advertised as a direct train... please save your money.

Oh and don't be thinking it's a modern train like they are today because last years train was made up from rusty miss matched carriages they found in the back of beyond and stuck two diesel engines on them, Nothing "flyer" about it.

:lol::lol:

I'd forgotten about the god awful state of the train and the carridges latch.

The way it is/was pitched as the 'wire flier' had me thinking about glorious steam trains with nice luxurious carridges. It couldn't have been further from the reality and if i had known about it previously I would have gone on a coach or in the car.

Latch is right...never ever again.

Oh and all the bullshine about it being non drinking or non smoking is a crock of poo, people were boozing and smoking as soon as the bloody thing departed bank quay. The 'stewards' turned a blind eye to anything and everything the useless carts.

Have you seen the picture of the train that is currently on the wolves website advertising the 'still available' 'flyer'.

I dont know how they get away with such misleading advertising.

Disgusting.

But at least it is getting there in three hours now.

Don't know what all the fuss is about - went last year and despite a lengthy journey home enjoyed the fantastic atmosphere and didn't hesitate to book again.

Hassle free journey, plenty of time for a drink before the game and supper after it before returning home - hopefully celebrating again.

Last year everyone in our carriage had to start a song going! Awesome.

:D

Have you seen the picture of the train that is currently on the wolves website advertising the 'still available' 'flyer'.

Disgusting.

Don't know what all the fuss is about - went last year and despite a lengthy journey home enjoyed the fantastic atmosphere and didn't hesitate to book again.

Hassle free journey, plenty of time for a drink before the game and supper after it before returning home - hopefully celebrating again.

How was it a hassle free journey when people didn't know which coach to get on as the platform people got it wrong, then there wasn't enough seats for the people on the train meaning some had to stand near the toilets or take in turn sitting down with there mate.

The website says the train will miss all affected areas of the railway work just like it advertised last year but that didn't happen and Ive got to admit the picture of the Eurostar on the website didn't half make me laugh because seriously if the same kind of train takes you this year than it did last you will not be getting there within three hours.

Disgusting.

How was it a hassle free journey when people didn't know which coach to get on as the platform people got it wrong, then there wasn't enough seats for the people on the train meaning some had to stand near the toilets or take in turn sitting down with there mate.

The website says the train will miss all affected areas of the railway work just like it advertised last year but that didn't happen and Ive got to admit the picture of the Eurostar on the website didn't half make me laugh because seriously if the same kind of train takes you this year than it did last you will not be getting there within three hours.

Got on train no problem, got a seat with all my family no problem.

Ok it was more like the Hogwarts Express than the picture being advertised - but it got me there and back and I had a great time.

Could pick massive holes in it but would rather concentrate on the positives.

:wink:

• 4 weeks later...
Speaking to someone at the game tonight who said the Flyer was a nightmare... You didn't tell us you weren't home until 22:45 and the train was diverted again due to work on the lines ???

Well when I booked I thought it was 11.05 back in Warringtonso the 20 minutes was a nice bonus! :D

Knew about the rail works in advance it was all well publicised and you knew what you were getting.

Hopefully i will be on it again next year! :wink:

Unless we sign another big prop we wont be getting anywhere near a final next year nevermind silverware.

Cooper and Wood just aint a good enough option off the bench.

We need either a blockbusting looseforward or a blockbusting prop so that Harrison can continue at looseforward.

Talking of Harrison...he has looked absolutely knackered in the last few weeks...I think he has played too much rugby this year.