Ian Tomlinson

Statistics on child abuse haven't changed dramatically for donkeys. Awareness has improved, which is a good thing in itself, but has also lead to a climate of fear, where we're all afraid of allowing our kids to have a childhood like my generation had. Have to say my greatest concern when my lad's out alone is traffic.

The vast majority of child abuse, sexual or otherwise, still happens within the extended family.

Wtf this has to do with Ian Tomlinson, I have no idea.

You carry on looking backwards with your rose coloured spectacles,Peter, And I will keep looking forward with eyes open. 50 years ago ignorance on perverts was bliss. As very few people came forward 50 years ago their was no deterrent. Computers also help to catch all kinds of criminals Peter. I would say that is an improvement.

Sadly in your yesteryear world of 50 years ago ignorance was bliss and it was all done behind closed doors. and you want it back :shock:

Computers also help to catch all kinds of criminals Peter. I would say that is an improvement.

AFTER the event and AFTER the paedo gangs have had free rein for years.

Lt. You are NOT in a position to comment about life 50 years ago unless you are a Time Lord as well as a Europhile. :roll::roll::roll:

peter if you had bothered to read my post,I said computers help to catch all kinds of criminals, yet another reason why things are better now,

I did read your post. I agree and am trying to make the point that it also works the other way in that sharing information is easier than ever and that years ago the paedos couldn't communicate on the scale tghat they can now.