URGENT HELP AND SUPPORT NEEDED

nickfan1

If refusal was 'proximity' how far away from the school do you actually live ? I presume the classes aren't full or they would have also given that reason for refusal as primary schools classes can't have more than 30 kiddies in them.

As for minutes.. there should be some as the appeal hearings are carried out before an Independant Appeals Panel. The panel has a clerk who advises on legal matters and also a 'Panel Officer' who notes the proceedings.

Did you attend the actual appeal hearing by the way ??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only live 0.88 miles away the kids can walk it, it takes about 20/25 mins dependng on how much they dawdle lol. The furthest allocation was 0.76 miles. The class is full because they can't contravene the class size law. But ourissue is that Lily should have been on the list on medical ahead of proximity and therefore in the school. But the council never gave us any information or opportunity to inform them of this when our circumstnces changed. Qualifying measures would have to be taken in 2011, if no child drops out that is in this school year.

They have told us that no minutes were taken. I do think that is an utter joke to be honest every meeting I attend no matter how informal from PTA to NHS all have minutes taken! Something this important should have been recorded with minutes....

and yes we did attend to put our case forward

There's not much you can do if a reception/ lower primary school age class is oversubscribed as you already know. If the place was merely refused on proximity to school then you would have stood a better chance of appealing.

Over subscription of places can be over-rulled and allowances made to increase the statutory maximum class size slightly but not in the early years classes.

I don't know exactly how, why, when or at what stage in the application process your circumstances actually changed as you haven't detailed the actual reasons in your posts although you often refer to the fact.

I would imagine if you informed the LA at the time and also informed the independant appeal board then they would have taken the reasons you gave into account before they made their final decision.

Not much help I know but only basing my reply on what I have read so far... sorry :(

:shock::shock: Can't believe what I just read in your blog dated Fri 16 July :shock:

Surely the leader of our council, Cllr Marks, would not promise to help someone only if they stoped going public first. :shock:

I think you may have suitably embarrased them and I very much doubt they did enjoy the read :oops::lol::wink:

Good luck :D

Unfortunately she has no place at any school so she will being homeschooled until a place comes up there.

She was offered a place at Birchwood C of E but it has emerged that one of the governors has been spreading misinfomation about our situation amongst parents. The last thing I will be doing is sending my child to a school already prejudiced against us and where the governors cannot control themselves.

My family is being torn apart by our Local Council. We feel we are ACTIVELY being bullied by them, and are being told there are no means for a second opinion or to go over their heads. They seem to think they are untouchable and they do not care they are putting our family in grave danger and it could be avoided.

Ok, no-one else is going to say it, so I will.

Seems the bully here is you. You've managed to post a long emotive OP about the grave danger to your family and unsympathetic bullying council, while managing to hide the fact that what we really have here is a mother trying to get into a school that is not her daughters natural catchment area.

When this failed due to numbers already admitted by priority, a fairly spurious medical argument is now being used as leverage. "Cancer" and "hospitalisation due to stress" you scream, but that's not your daughters problem, it's a simple cosmetic procedure that will eventually clear her slight disfigurement (that by the way is completely un-noticeable in the pics you've posted), so why even bring them into the discussion? I presume because you realise that basically your argument here is non-existent.

I don't for a minute buy your phsycholigical damage argument at all, she's 4 not 14, she'll have a host of new friends after day 1, far more damaging I would have thought was being kept away from school and developing social skills with other children of her own age.

Should the council have excluded a more local child from your chosen school in favour of your daughter? I think they've taken the correct stance here, and you appear to be out of order imo.

And you are entitled to you opinion. Not that I will take it on board. I am quite aware I have made some enemies during my fight, it does not deter me one bit. Only the people involved know ALL the ins and outs of this case.

If the council had implemented the admissions process correctly in the first place she would be in the school therefore the entire process is void. And FYI there is no such thing as a 'catchment area' in Warrington.

You probably also think I should pay for the ambulance I was carted off in becuse my condition is not 'serious enough'. I didn't realise you had seen my medical records. Also a doctor would not put their name to a report unless they believed it (well unless they work for the council perhaps...). We have several of these reports. I know my child you do not. I also think it is pretty ignorant to say the hosptalisation of a child's mother is not relevant to her well being. Any fool can see a mothers place is at home with her children. As for my mothers cancer it has no bearing except for the FACT she is too ill to pick up my daughter, you seem to have more of an issue with this than me.

Maybe nobody else is saying it because it is not the truth. I'm not wasting any more time on this issue as it is detracting from my main focus. I was never going to please everyone and I certainly don't live to please you.

And you are entitled to you opinion. Not that I will take it on board. I am quite aware I have made some enemies during my fight, it does not deter me one bit. Only the people involved know ALL the ins and outs of this case.

If the council had implemented the admissions process correctly in the first place she would be in the school therefore the entire process is void. And FYI there is no such thing as a 'catchment area' in Warrington.

You probably also think I should pay for the ambulance I was carted off in becuse my condition is not 'serious enough'. I didn't realise you had seen my medical records. Also a doctor would not put their name to a report unless they believed it (well unless they work for the council perhaps...). We have several of these reports. I know my child you do not. I also think it is pretty ignorant to say the hosptalisation of a child's mother is not relevant to her well being. Any fool can see a mothers place is at home with her children. As for my mothers cancer it has no bearing except for the FACT she is too ill to pick up my daughter, you seem to have more of an issue with this than me.

Maybe nobody else is saying it because it is not the truth. I'm not wasting any more time on this issue as it is detracting from my main focus. I was never going to please everyone and I certainly don't live to please you.

Your hospitalisation, and your mothers cancer (I'm sorry she is seriously ill btw) have no bearing at all on the issue of your daughter's schooling, you simply brought them up to catch the sympathy vote, and obscure the triviality of your actual complaint.

OK, second chance for you, explain without all the serious illness emotive hyperbole, exactly how your daughter should have gained entry to your chosen school, and how this failed?

Unfortunately I cannot discuss the exact reason until we are granted our appeal. So you will just have to assume I am screaming I want I want until the truth comes out. This is the advice of our solicitors and I am not going to go against them. So I guess you will just have to wait and see.

As for the rest of it I can't be bothered explaining again, keep your opinion and I will keep mine. I don't need to justify my personal situation to you. As a mother having her child belittled I could say a lot more, but I will rise above it. You will have your pound of flesh by the end of the day though. You do not have to support me, if you don't like it don't read the blog.

Unfortunately I cannot discuss the exact reason until we are granted our appeal. So you will just have to assume I am screaming I want I want until the truth comes out. This is the advice of our solicitors and I am not going to go against them. So I guess you will just have to wait and see.

As for the rest of it I can't be bothered explaining again, keep your opinion and I will keep mine. I don't need to justify my personal situation to you. As a mother having her child belittled I could say a lot more, but I will rise above it. You will have your pound of flesh by the end of the day though. You do not have to support me, if you don't like it don't read the blog.

And where is that happening?

I'm not taking sides as every one of us does what what we think is the best and the right thing for our kids.

However, and I am sorry for saying this nickfan1 although fatshaft has already beaten me to it in a way .....

It's a shame that you have chosen to self teach your daughter at home until she hopefully gets the place in the school of your choice rather than to accept the other school place that was offered maybe temporarily.

The first few weeks at school are so wonderful and it is a very valuable transition time for the little ones between what they are used to ie being at home with mum or at in nursery etc. They are purposely designed and structured for that very purpose.

They only go part time and they have great fun, meet new friends and much more besides. They are all in the same boat... they are ALL new to it all and they learn what it's all like TOGETHER. They feel all 'grown up' and excited in (in their own sweet little ways). Mine never wanted to take his new school uniform off and made so many new friends in the first few days it was hard keeping up with all the new names being mentioned.

This is the only time that your daughter will be able to experience these first few weeks/months of school life with others who are in the same boat and if/when she does get a place in the school you desire that period of time will have passed her by. When she does start all the other kids will be more settled into the rituals of school life and she will be the new kid trying to fit in.

Saying all that though from how you describe your daughter she sounds like nothing really phases her so no matter what you decide I guess she will be fine. :wink:

Like I said though I am not taking sides I am just giving my opinion based on the wonderful first few months my child had when he first started school and I'm sure he would have enjoyed it just as much no matter which school he had started at. We had the choice of two school places and in the end we tossed a coin :oops::lol:

Thanks Dizzy I do understand and every situation is different. I am not going to argue over this anymore it's hard enough fighting the council. But I will say that for reasons I again cannot reveal at the moment it will not be possible for Lily to take up the previously offered place. So Lily is literally without a school place and homeschooling is my only option. So it is not even out of 'stubbornness' (as some seem to think) she will not be going to school, it no longer seems to be an option for her. I am sure this will come to light soon enough but like I say for the moment I cannot comment about what has happened with that school place.

Well after 8 years & nearly 1,000 posts,this will be my last ever post on here.I said at the very beginning this post could be become a can of worms but the forum owner bombarded me with PM's saying i shouldn't do this or that.I prefer democratic debate so I will see some of you on Facebook i hope.Goodbye. :lol:

Wolfie... can you point me in the direction of the illusive 'I Love You' brigade on here as can't say I've every noticed any of their posts :lol:

Byrdy... Shame you are going I'll miss your posts (well sort of :lol::P ) bet you don't go really though :wink:

Isn't facebook where you find search for your existing friends... then ask if you can be their online 'friends' too and then you all chat nicely to each other about what you have done that day or are going to do after your tea or when you will 'catch up' next etc :lol:

Been on FB a few times and it all seems weird and very boring.... might give it another try sometime. Where is the democratic debate section ??

PS How would we find you on facebook by the way should we just search for 'Byrdy' :lol::wink:

Well after 8 years & nearly 1,000 posts,this will be my last ever post on here.I said at the very beginning this post could be become a can of worms but the forum owner bombarded me with PM's saying i shouldn't do this or that.I prefer democratic debate so I will see some of you on Facebook i hope.Goodbye. :lol:

Mike I thought you were made of sterner stuff you certainly give as good as you get - I wouldn't call 3-4 PM's bombarding you! :roll:

All I was doing was trying to stop you making out someone was wasting their time using this forum. I was using Pm so the thread didn't go off topic!!

From your own calculations you were not even an active member - :oops:

I won't expect a friend request from you on facebook then :wink:

This forum has survived for the best part of a decade with lots of foot stomping, dummy spitting characters - and I am sure a few more will come and go over the years.

Thanks you for your contributions over the years and I am sure you will be tempted back one day when some local issue ruffles your feathers.

:cry::cry: I never knew us regulars were costing you and your business money Gary :shock:8)

Right that's it, decision made, I will not be part of a free website or forum which by my excessive daily use is resulting in a local business having to use extra ?'s out of part of it's valuable income just so I don't get bored when I'm working...... expecially in the current economic crisis. :shock:

Gary WHY didn't you say something sooner :cry::wink:

PS OBS you should be ashamed of yourself for starting loads of new topics and possibly enticing readers !!! I will certainly not be your friend on facebook.... actually that's cos FB is cr*p and for saddo's :lol:

Bye :lol: