Police helicopter 4am ??

Dizzy

Anyone know why the poice helicopter was hovering over our houses at 4am this morning and wether they caught whoever they were looking for. What a racket those things make eh :shock:

I couldn't get back to sleep for worrying that there was someone hiding somewhere or on the prowl :shock::oops:

Definately a heli and other people streets away had it hovering over them too... maybe another police force was lost and trying to find it's way back home by searching all our local streets for street signs :lol::?

probably couldn't get a wireless connection for google street view :lol:

was a bit of an incident at the hospital on saturday. apparently some guy kicked off about something and the police got involved. was five patrol cars and a transit van outside at one point. think the guy was upset that he was being talked to about an incident earlier to do with two guys trying to pinch his van. :shock:

Well nothing at all on the local news, local radio or on online news sites so it would appear that for whatever reason the police helicopter was up and searching in the early hours was nothing that residents of the square area between Stockton Heath Village, Bridgewater Canal, Manchester Ship Canal, and the Stag pub at Walton need to know about or be concerned about :?

One local said they were apparently searching for a man near Brackley Street but that could just be a guess.

So do we still keep all our doors locked or are we now safe from 'whatever' or 'whoever' :shock::?

My elderly neighbour was scared stiff today .... so I told her not to worry as it was probably just a UFO so she was happy again :lol::oops::lol:

I've seen the new helicopter in action during the night a few times now and compared to others, this one's incredibly quiet. I'll bet that if it wasn't for the fact that it was 4am and directly overhead, you'd have hardly noticed it.

Bill :)

I personally cannot see the point in a police helicopter..... they fly round like bloody Airwolf with their thermal cameras and video stuff and after a two hour pursuit (costing thousands of pounds an hour) finally catch some scumbag car thief who gets a ?30.00 fine and a bit of community service....

Now that is a waste of money that deserves Osbournes Axe!!

Baz, they get most of the funding from the drug dealers that they catch.

You never see them catching drug dealers on the TV, they only chase after some 14 year old chavs who have nicked a vicars Skoda and get a poultry fine at the end of a massive chase involving helicopters and cars and goodness knows whatever else!

Is that a fact Peter or just something you've read somewhere because I'm more inclined to think along the same lines as Baz.

Try watching the late night cop shows and see how half a police force (including helicopters) are routinely used to chase the bad guys then cringe when you hear that they get handed a 12 month ban to run concurrently with their three previous bans! :evil:

I guess you are right Bill and just goes to show what light sleepers we are around here eh :lol:

For me though it wasn't so much the noise (once I'd sussed out where it was coming from :oops: ) but more the worry of what was actually going on.

Poor dog wasn't even allowed out for wee wees and she thought it must be 'time' cos we were all up :lol::lol:

Know exactly what you mean. Once you know something going on in your area you understandably start to worry that some scumbag might be hiding in your garden.

We had a similar incident several years ago when I lived in Woolston and the police helicopter had its searchlight right in our back garden. We just locked all the doors to be safe and watched through the windows.

• 4 weeks later...